What do you guys think of Scrapping COE and following this structure?

Re: What do you guys think of Scrapping COE and following this structure?

I say we conquer more lands and build more roads :) ... Problem solved!! ..

Not I say one .....

If its not about $$, ARF should be scrapped by now.
If its not about $$, we wun have to scream pay as u bid COE for 20yrs n no implement.
If its not about $$, there wun be night ERP.

Ccb garmen...

there is 2 flaw in this idea

1. car may not be cheap ... i mean very cheap ... slightly cheap but erp is $25 a pop ... ccb govt

2. ok .. let's say car is cheap ... international standard $100k for M5 (instead of $500k) ... then parking is raised to $500-$1000 a month for condo and $400-$500 for hdb? we are talking about buy car and park at home and use off peak period? if everyone drive to work ... $25 a pop for erp and office carpark sure no $1000 a month no talk

Red_Bean_Bun;1087745 said:
Easier to just price the ERP at $25 per gantry. Flat rate around the clock for your convenience ......

Confirm car population drop and yet you can go buy whatever car you want at a cheaper price as supply outstrips demand. Best of all the gahmen Huat. Everyone wins - happy ending.

Then advance the technology by using gps and charge $12 per km. Machiam like taxi. Confirm people all start to car pool and take bus or MRT. Or cycle like the Ang mo.

ozipo;1087761 said:
Not true that taxing consumption is more effective than taxing ownership.
If owning car is affordable to all, on public holidays like cny, we will have a total gridlock
when all cars hit the roads....
I m fine it if cars are really cheap, i will stay home and wait ppl to visit instead :lol:

What do you guys think of Scrapping COE and following this structure?

Better idea, is to link the COE to number of family member.
elderly & baby entitle for 3yrs of COE and other age group entitle for 2yrs COE.

Example 1:
If your family consist of 2x elderly, 1x baby, you and your wife then your family entitle for 3+3+3+2+2=13 yrs of COE. If you want to buy 2nd car, the 2nd car COE will divide by 2 = 6.5yrs.

Example 2
If your house just you and your wife, then u only entitle for 4yrs COE, you can include your elderly parent but only for 1 family, your sibling can't use your parent name anymore.

Example 3
If you got 4 children age between 4 - 12, then your COE will be = 2+2+2+2+2+2=12 of COE.

The COE should be only transferable within family member. 2nd timer bidding for COE will subject to 30% tax.

This give everyone a fair chance to own a car and taking care of those who is really need a car too and surely will encourage people to have more baby and increase Baby birth rate and same time promoting multi generation taking care your parent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baby1M;1087837 said:
I m fine it if cars are really cheap, i will stay home and wait ppl to visit instead :lol:

Congrats! You don't need a car

why have SG deteriorated to such a sad state where buying cars and houses is so foucking stressful n complicated. Just make a wiser decision in 2016 and decide if we all want status quo or change.

By the way, I almost threw my glass of tiga beer at a chao americano when watching Italia-England at FOC CC. Because half thumb he ask me what car I drive. I said a humble 3 series. He said back home he has 3 x M3s, E39 E46 E92. And each cost him no more than $70k SGD equivalent n all are still drivable with no such thing as 10-year 'lease'. Luckily my hiadees calm me down. The score was 1-1 at that thumb.

Last edited by a moderator:

MW;1087759 said:
I strongly believe a WP govt will solve all our COE, roads and congestion problems...

not I say one...

If they don't demand for rediculous Million dollar salaries once they are in power, then I will think so since there is no 'funding needs anymore'.

It's clear prices of COEs are heavily/completely influenced by dealers. Don't allow dealers to bid for COE on buyer's behalf. Don't allow them to quote price of cars with COE (that shows they already know what price to maintain COE at). Have system where all buyers have to bid/obtain COE themselves. Completely take away dealer's ability to influence COE prices and I'm confident we'll see lower prices.

For a start, open coe bidding, pay what u bid (as opposed to lowest bid), cash only, owner bid directly, no bidding on behalf.

Black Spyder;1087865 said:
It's clear prices of COEs are heavily/completely influenced by dealers. Don't allow dealers to bid for COE on buyer's behalf. Don't allow them to quote price of cars with COE (that shows they already know what price to maintain COE at). Have system where all buyers have to bid/obtain COE themselves. Completely take away dealer's ability to influence COE prices and I'm confident we'll see lower prices.

I have the same sentiments. I do believed dealers play a big part in manipulating the coe.

Back