Waterstain inside headlight

nasty204

My ride is five months old and is parked at the basement, however I have a lot of watermark stain inside the headlamp assembly.

How to clean ? Should I return to PML ?

Any advise?

Cheers

Re: Waterstain inside headlight

Bro,

Same problem as mine!

I already checked with PML, they showed me a paper from BMW to say that this is normal, blah blah, the service advisor even went to the extent to say its an "optical illusion"???!!!

Let me know if you want to take the matter up with PML. I think 2 pairs of hands banging on the table is more effective than 1!

Thanks Bro.

Will let you know what solution they will give me, then we bang the tables together :)

optical illusion, ask them buy martell treat u guys....drink already we can believe its optical illusion then.......woohoo very high hor......

PML change mine to BRAND NEW ones without question while car still under warranty.

Error -----

sszone;398636 said:
optical illusion, ask them buy martell treat u guys....drink already we can believe its optical illusion then.......woohoo very high hor......
Must report these PML SA to CNB, with response like that ,very suspicous :)

Hublot;398729 said:
PML change mine to BRAND NEW ones without question while car still under warranty.
Hublot, thanks for the headsup.

nasty204;398846 said:
Hublot, thanks for the headsup.

Mine also..lets all go bang table. Sibeh ugly the stain

Mine too! Makes the car lao kui... I wonder whether we can make some noise by saying that the stains interfere with the beams and thus not safe for night driving.

Ok , went down to PML and got the same bullshit.

Any suggestion on how we organize a mass protest? and bang table.

Hi folks,
My 520i which is less than 6 months old also has the same problem; In fact, the stains even form a full circle for the smaller beam lights and is visible espiecially when the headlights are switched on.
PML says its normal and BMW will not honour further changes; in fact the changed out ones will eventually get it too.
I am thinking of bringing the issue to CASE, cos' I believe this is covered under warranty as Mfg fault from Hella & endorsed by BMW.
One pair of headlights for the 5series cost >3K, & we have just paid that amt for stained headlights.
Any update from anyone lately on this issue??

My 6 months car also same thing happened. Let's bang tables together!

poly65;400571 said:
Mine change 3 times still same problem.

PML changed for you 3 times??? wow... how did you get them to do that??

PML refuses to change for some, and agreed to change for some.

We can all bang table together and maybe get new headlight sets and then we can take mass photos machiam Mr E60 Pageant. Then in no time, the headlights turns hu-hu again. We all can then convoy to East Coast beach and look very far.

So therein lies the problem..so how ahh?

hi guys! would very much like to knw wats the outcome huh? mine also same problem, the stain is really formin a veri ugly circle inside, initially, i tot it was my eyes playin tricks on mi so try wiping hard on the lens, then realise its interior dat is stained! i wil gladly join u guys for the "table banging" club:lol2: if there's a need to....!

Same goes for mine. And I have a warning on my computer. The flashing light bulb. It means there's a problem with Exterior Lighting, I walked out of my vehicle to check but there's nothing wrong. And yea the Warning comes on and off..

Back