Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

Re: Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

Didn't know Aaron is bmw guru now sia... :woowooo:

Re: Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

who going workshop to check or fix leak, pm me. let's go together ;)

mine have minor leak too

Can I know how much u paid to the ws

Bro,

can share the workshop contact and your repair cost?
the mechanic reliable? Thank you

william74;1122471 said:
Bro,

can share the workshop contact and your repair cost?
the mechanic reliable? Thank you

Please PM me

Hi Aaron,
I see white smoke coming out from the back and think may have to change the valves seals/gaskets.

Can you please share the cost and contact of the stockist and workshops (local and in JB)?
Thanks

Hi bro, in Singapore workshops will recommend top overhaul. To do valve seals you have to go Jb. Or you can find someone in sg willing to just do valve seals without overhaul

For what it's worth, I got valve seals done by malaysia workshop when I was using 1l every

Aaron_BMW;931224 said:
Am impressed by the good support by BMW for the spare parts!
Thumbs up!

M.Aaron, PM me spare part cost, labour and wkshp address. tks

Pls p.m me spare part price(v/v seal.gaskets) labour , wkshp address.

WiL74;1127667 said:
Bro Aaron, Pm you.

thanks.

Bro, no one pm me. You have the same problem?

Mkw13;1127678 said:
Bro, no one pm me. You have the same problem?

Maybe he haven't seen my pm.. Hopefully he will revert soon,

oklah!;1126097 said:
Hi Bro, can pm me the workshop address? Mine got engine oil spray all over the engine but didn't notice any white smoke from exhaust. If I rev high, the white smoke comes from the engine bay. Kind of like burning rubber smell. Driving a 3 years old F20. Thanks in advance.

Hi there , you repaired alrdy ? im facing the same issue ! need some help here !

MW;1058808 said:
Thats why I say….go back PML/MA if you cannot accept what I wrote above. At least when things cock up there is a proper channel of recourse. For others, you may end up like once huat huat TWM and bah long long when ur car cocks up.

I spent many thousands of dollars with PML over 3 years fixing the same 2 problems - water and engine oil leakage with the receipts to prove. The car was in and out of the workshop all the time. When the car came out of the workshop and still leaking then the problem had miraculously moved to another spot that needed some parts to be replaced.
As to recourse - none of the bosses there could ever be bothered to call back, even after sending in a complaint letter and requesting BMW to comment on the issue.
From this thread alone it is clear that the E90 engine turns into a sieve after 60k km and the famous German built quality is non-existent at BMW.

Hi, Can some kind soul PM me the cost and workshop (in JB I supposed) to get this repaired? My engine oil consumption is getting worse and I am weighing the cost to get it fixed vs constant topping up of engine oil.

Hi,

my ride E90 320i same issue could you kindly PM me stockist and workshop up north.

Thanks.

nujey;1127875 said:
Hi there , you repaired alrdy ? im facing the same issue ! need some help here !

Hi, sorry for the late reply and hope it's not too late as I seldom login.

Yes, my problem was solved. Authorised distributor quoted me $10K+ for replacement/repair of engine and parts which I rejected. Than they discount approx 40%, which I still reject. Car was at AD for 2 weeks till I tow it away. Gotta pay approx $96 to AD for troubleshooting. Story short, I got it sorted out for slightly less than $1K outside workshop. It was due to the engine core plug that was remove by the AD and than they discovered that the core plug do not have spare part and so their solution was to replace the whole F20 engine block. I bought the core plug from a ebay seller for less than S$30 include shipping. Change the timing belt plus tensioner, servicing and water tensioner too or something like that. Total repair less than $1K and half day down time. Hope this is helpful.

Hi Bro out there... Juz got my E90 last week... Same problems engine oil top up since I got my ride, I went to WS at Toh guan, the mechanic advise me to do an overhaul which cost around $4k to solve the problems cos he said also got white smoke... Any kind soul bros out there can help on advise or PM me a reasonable or cheap WS which I can go fix pls... Thanx thanx!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back