Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

Re: Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

canuck78;1077999 said:
Saw a VW Golf the other day and it was spewing white smoke. Loads literally. So this problem is not just limited to bmw.

Golf white smoke might be turbo failure

Re: Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

Aaron_BMW;1078021 said:
Golf white smoke might be turbo failure

320 white smoke???

casper77;1078022 said:
320 white smoke???

Means u have to change car?

Aaron_BMW;1078023 said:
Means u have to change car?

i saw a 320 infront of me the other day....

everytime she move off white smoke out of the exhaust...

Ho sieh liao..

For bros out there, Just went to fix valve seals and valve cover gasket yesterday intro-ed by aaron. The service rendered is awesome and they have friendly mechanics.

Feel free to pm me if you need to know how to get there (google map shows the longer way) or what i did over there.

Kudos to Aaron!
Cheers!

Quite common as have seen a few bmw on the road with white puff of smoke when accelerating from standstill. Driver usually can't tell until EO level low. Simple fix is valve seals replacement.

Aaron,

can help to PM me the WS details, and the stockiest cost, and your total repair cost

sorry for bring up this, i am newbie to this forum...

Ninja;1081408 said:
Aaron,

can help to PM me the WS details, and the stockiest cost, and your total repair cost

sorry for bring up this, i am newbie to this forum...

Sure. PM u later....

I got my valve seals replaced the other week, so far so good.

Since I'm not a local, I'm curious as to why the secrecy around the name of the workshop? Why ask people to PM you for info, rather than just posting it up in the thread? Seems a lot more work for the OP.

cubic_nz;1082621 said:
I got my valve seals replaced the other week, so far so good.

Since I'm not a local, I'm curious as to why the secrecy around the name of the workshop? Why ask people to PM you for info, rather than just posting it up in the thread? Seems a lot more work for the OP.

Nice,
Where r u from?

Forum rules don't allow names of workshop or price.
So u have to PM me

Aaron_BMW;1082625 said:
Nice,
Where r u from?

So u have to PM me

I'm from New Zealand, the clue is my name ;)

Must admit I didn't actually read the forum rules! I guess that applies to any workshops that aren't forum sponsors?

cubic_nz;1082627 said:
I'm from New Zealand, the clue is my name ;)

Must admit I didn't actually read the forum rules! I guess that applies to any workshops that aren't forum sponsors?

Where r u located now? In Singapore?
Did u went to the workshop in JB?

And yes, no workshop names to be mentioned

Yeah, I went over to the workshop you recommended, was quite pleased. Unfortunately one of the cam chain tensioners "was broken when we opened it up" so it cost a little more than I expected, had only 2 ringgit to spare when I left! At least my engine was sludge free!

Since the work the engine seems quieter and smoother, but it feels a little down on power. This is just a feeling, though. Not sure if BMW computers need time to re-learn after the battery has been disconnected.

cubic_nz;1082631 said:
Yeah, I went over to the workshop you recommended, was quite pleased. Unfortunately one of the cam chain tensioners "was broken when we opened it up" so it cost a little more than I expected, had only 2 ringgit to spare when I left! At least my engine was sludge free!

Since the work the engine seems quieter and smoother, but it feels a little down on power. This is just a feeling, though. Not sure if BMW computers need time to re-learn after the battery has been disconnected.

Glad things work out for u.
Welcome to Singapore

hi aaron do you mind pm-ing me all the workshops you know in jb? i wanna explore. hope to hear from you soon. thanks.

syafiee;1085028 said:
hi aaron do you mind pm-ing me all the workshops you know in jb? i wanna explore. hope to hear from you soon. thanks.

PM U now.......

Hi,

Can I check if the workshop is one of the sponsored workshop in this forum, are we then allowed to indicate their names and pricing indications on the forum itself (without having to PM) ?

Am a newbie here.

Aaron_BMW;1082625 said:
Nice,
Where r u from?

So u have to PM me

it is not one of the sponsors here, the workshop is in JB. so better go thru pm.

Back