Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

Re: Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

Bro redline, any updates on your repairs and how did it go for you. Mine is now still perfect after 1000km and no more smelly exhaust.

Re: Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

redline15;1070586 said:
I hope my engine will be as clean as yours. I've been doing the same too for the past 1 month. 1l every week.

Hi Bro,

I just want to share with u,
If u r facing the same problem as my post, I recommend u to fix it.
Topping up engine oil and not fixing the problem will cost u more $ in the long run and also u face LTA problems should ur car be seen with white smoke.

I solved the problem in less than $1K SGD inclusive parts and labour.
And down time within 6 hours

Godspeed;1073136 said:
Hi Aaron,

Thanks for posting this thread on the valve seals issue. I am having the same problem , please pm me the details for the repairs example - Stockies shop location and prices for valve seals and gasket / workshop name and location with labor cost (excluding the stockies) etc. I shall look forward to your reply. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Godspeed

I PM u already

Btw. Bro Aaron, my exhaust was so clogged up that Francis had to take out and pump it with detergent to wash it clean clean. Excellent service!

alvinado;1073159 said:
Btw. Bro Aaron, my exhaust was so clogged up that Francis had to take out and pump it with detergent to wash it clean clean. Excellent service!

I have never heard of people wash the exhaust???????

My exhaust is hollow by the way. Ha

Not wash.. More like clearing the outlets. The inside is full of half burnt oil and clogged up. He told me that mine will take at least a week to burn off so ask me if like to flush it. Of course I say yes.. By the way my exhaust is an aftermarket bastuck catback exhaust and it is rounded at the bottom. I stared in amazement how much shit came out of it. Did not take out the exhaust system, just the catback Part.

alvinado;1073156 said:
Bro redline, any updates on your repairs and how did it go for you. Mine is now still perfect after 1000km and no more smelly exhaust.

Did mine 2 weeks back. Used to top up every 500 - 600km. So far, it still shows full. Except on Sat night when I used DS and played with the gears, revving at 4th gear to 4 - 5500rpm, when I check, it was 3/4 full. However, today, checked again, it was full....

redline15;1073306 said:
Did mine 2 weeks back. Used to top up every 500 - 600km. So far, it still shows full. Except on Sat night when I used DS and played with the gears, revving at 4th gear to 4 - 5500rpm, when I check, it was 3/4 full. However, today, checked again, it was full....

Check if they are still oil leak at the back of the engine bay. Very important. My one still have 1 small drip every 2 or 3 drives. Called up Francis and we decided to change the whole vacuum pump. Seal was changed but still slight leak. But looking at the miniscule amount of oil, it will take ages to leak 1 litre.

alvinado;1073321 said:
Check if they are still oil leak at the back of the engine bay. Very important. My one still have 1 small drip every 2 or 3 drives. Called up Francis and we decided to change the whole vacuum pump. Seal was changed but still slight leak. But looking at the miniscule amount of oil, it will take ages to leak 1 litre.

You changed your vacuum pump and there is still a leak?!?

Change the seals. Never change pump. There are 2 seals at the vacuum pump assembly. I only change the big old ring and not the small one as WS don't have stock and I need to get back to sg. My mistake. Francis offered to fix for free but I decided to just change the whole vacuum pump next trip down. But I will be changing hoses for the water system too. Not nice to let people do work for free. Ps: WS will waive labor for change of vacuum pump, I just have to purchase it myself.

My first 1L top-up was after 3,000 km from oil change, today the top-up warning came on again and its only been 1,000 km since the last top-up, fortunately hospitalization date with R2D is this Wed. Hopefully by Thurs can discharge with clean bill of health. Anyone know if Rodney is ok with owner hanging around to watch the operation?

Watch but don't act like you know a lot. Rod really tells you a lot of things if you are like a student. Learnt a lot.

LOL that won't be difficult because I really don't know much. Yes I already had an experience of Rod's sharing during the consultation, I maybe can understand about 50%.

easy;1073339 said:
My first 1L top-up was after 3,000 km from oil change, today the top-up warning came on again and its only been 1,000 km since the last top-up, fortunately hospitalization date with R2D is this Wed. Hopefully by Thurs can discharge with clean bill of health. Anyone know if Rodney is ok with owner hanging around to watch the operation?

I spend whole afternoon there getting into his team way.... no kena f lay... u will learn alot...
Kena f by Rod when he wants to go test drive and i was smoking... LOL

Rmbr to smack his butt... MW say one

Pls pm me on the stockies and workshop.

Thank you!

Aaron_BMW;1073155 said:
Sure,
I can PM u.
I believe u r facing multiple problems

Hi bro, can pm me too? Facing engine oil leak from the top. Thanks in advance

Think bro Aaron is busy. Forwarded to you guys

alvinado;1077879 said:
Think bro Aaron is busy. Forwarded to you guys

Thanks pal

Thank You all you bros out there especially Aarron who brought this thread into existence which enlightened me to do something for my gf (car) finally! My engine oil problem finally solved with a hidden gem (Motorshop)! I don't have any url to add the photos, wondering if it's because I'm a new user so I can't post photos here directly?

Anyhow Thank You all :) Pm me for Motorshop if needed and I will try my best to reply if not tied up!

Saw a VW Golf the other day and it was spewing white smoke. Loads literally. So this problem is not just limited to bmw.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bet9club
Back