Urgent help needed for accident at about 6.45pm yesterday, 27/10/15

Scoryan

Hi guys & gals,
Not sure if this is the right place to post this thread. I'm really very unlucky to get into an accident yesterday, 27/10/15 at about 6.45pm after exiting the Bedok exit from ECP towards Changi. At the junction of Marine Parade Road and Bedok South Ave 1 (right after the ECP exit to Bedok), a lorry knocked off my left side view mirror and sped off. I stopped at the accident spot but the lorry continue driving away. As I could not see the lorry's licence plate clearly, I decided to speed over to stop his lorry. I did so but he insisted that he was right and didn't know he knocked my car although I have horned at him before and after he hit me. Maybe I should have just stayed put at the accident spot and called the police?

Now, I believed it's his word against mine. Very sad... Are there any kind folks here or people you know who happened to witness this accident and captured it on his/her car camera? If yes, can you please pm me? Hopefully I can get the footage and it can be used for my insurance claim.

Thanks a lot!

*Thought of installing a car camera next month as a birthday present for myself but now it's too late...
For those who wished to install a car camera, please don't wait. Go do it tomorrow.

Re: Urgent help needed for accident at about 6.45pm yesterday, 27/10/15

Go report police hit and run. Slim chance, but got try got chance. No try no chance.

other than reporting to police, why not appeal to other road user for their cam recording, might have some chance too, eg the very active mycarforum..

Thanks slow_poke_driver & jjg. As I managed to get the driver and exchanged particulars, it's no longer a hit & run. Tried posting in Vagsg & BMW Forums already. Not a member of MCF yet. Just registered, but need to earn credits to post threads. So, also can't appeal to the members in MCF yet. If suddenly post in someone else's thread, not sure will be banned or not. Sigh...

Scoryan;1128504 said:
Thanks slow_poke_driver & jjg. As I managed to get the driver and exchanged particulars, it's no longer a hit & run. Tried posting in Vagsg & BMW Forums already. Not a member of MCF yet. Just registered, but need to earn credits to post threads. So, also can't appeal to the members in MCF yet. If suddenly post in someone else's thread, not sure will be banned or not. Sigh...
Go make a police report, same time ask insurance company for help.

Yes, installing a car cam is the best defense. My missus had an accident less than 2 months ago when a vios on the extreme right lane side swipe into our rear right bumper claiming he was trying to avoid something. Altho apologetic he refused to gv his particulars other then asking her to make police report & claim against his insurance. But u knw wat, i received a letter frm my insurer subsequently bcos he was trying to claim against us! But the bugger did not realized we had a car cam which recorded the entire incident.
I think side swipe accident is one of the most difficult category to establish liability. But in my case it was resolved 100% in our favor with his insurer admitting full liability upon viewing the recording.
The car cam is one of the best mod i ever made!

Benno;1128514 said:
Go make a police report, same time ask insurance company for help.

Thanks Benno.

daeger222;1128521 said:
Yes, installing a car cam is the best defense. My missus had an accident less than 2 months ago when a vios on the extreme right lane side swipe into our rear right bumper claiming he was trying to avoid something. Altho apologetic he refused to gv his particulars other then asking her to make police report & claim against his insurance. But u knw wat, i received a letter frm my insurer subsequently bcos he was trying to claim against us! But the bugger did not realized we had a car cam which recorded the entire incident.
I think side swipe accident is one of the most difficult category to establish liability. But in my case it was resolved 100% in our favor with his insurer admitting full liability upon viewing the recording.
The car cam is one of the best mod i ever made!

Yes, daeger222, the car cam in your scenario and mine will play a very important role in proving one's innocence. Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vnlotocredit

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back