Upgrade of 320i e90 to iDrive Dash

e46sg

HI Guys,

I plan to do an upgrade of my current 320i e90 Dash without iDrive to the one with the Console for the idrive Screen so I can mobyCar it.

I have done some preliminary costing and it looks promising, only issue now is that PML wants to see me the parts but NOT install.

Anyone knows who in PML I can bring up this matter to and will it help at all?

Regards.

Re: Upgrade of 320i e90 to iDrive Dash

Hi I am VERY INTERESTED in this also, can u provide some indications of costs.

Now this PML is really annoying, I went to Alexandra the other day and ask them abt the accesories n optional items available for E90 and as I went through the list of items, the person selling it at the Parts sections kept saying..."oh its factory fitted, we dont provide it here". My question is, why is so many things not available after it is rolled out of the showroom?

Anyway, really interested in the idrive n its dashboard.

e46sg, u may also wish to tap on Mike of Sin Wee Chuan. He is quite savvy with these stuff and may offer u some views.

Ok suppose the dashboard could be fitted, what stuffs can be wired to it.

Hi Guys,

Excuse me for barging in. I'm keen to upgrade the ICE in my 320i delivered a couple weks ago. I've checked with Dynasty - the boss, Jason did up my car previously with Genesis amp and Focal Utopia - great stuff, pricy though. His advice for 320i is keep the head unit, hook up a processor, add amps, speakers and a subwoofer, keep also the drivers below the seats. The Focal is 4", so no need cutting at the doors. The package include sound proofing and damping, all-in, blow my budget off the roof - no way I'll acceed to the offer but willing to negotiate.

Upgrade of 320i e90 to iDrive Dash

e46sg, kindly keep me posted on the progress. I am considering to change the console too, cheers :)

changing to I-Drive dash? are you nuts? that's gonna mess up whole lot of things...IMO!
BUT, there's always a BUT, i am very keen also leh.....kekekeee

Yup, PML is really bad. I say we should all gather and write a letter to BMW and tell them our problems, and how they can help us.

PML as a sole dealer should be more responable to the owner.

I am also keen with the i drivw

Hi, I'm keen to convert to iDrive Dash...
Anyone done it? Can PM the cost?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Is this really feasible? Lots of PI owners will be interested I guess since most PIs don't come with I-drive.

Heard it costs 11K to include idrive ? anyone can give a price?

If it is, won't it be better to salvage 2nd hand BM's for Idrive swaps?

Hi,

Don't think it is feasible to change the complete iDrive (Dash & iDrive system).
I'm only interested in swaping the dash not the iDrive system.

Cheers.

Guys, its against forum rules to say negative comments about companies. Secondly, PML DO NOT mod cars, so of course they cant install it for you. PML's customer service may in your opinions be negative, but in the global sense of BML dealers, i bet Singapore has the most complaints from drivers, they really do their best to help you
Forget buying this new and installing it, the best option is to buy the complete dash, wiring loom, sensors, gps system etc etc from a wrecked vehicle.
IMO, this is a massive task to undertake.

the amount of time and money u spent, must well just buy a 323 with idrive? retrofitting it will bound to have lots of issue after that

this thing doesnt just bolt on, i bet the whole engine loom will need to be changed and all the sensors.

anyway, interesting if someone does it and lets us know how

I guess having it straight off the factory is always best. And will probably consider if the price is not too exp.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnloh1221
Back