TWM Warranty

Re: TWM Warranty

I just got a pre-owned e60 (2006), and it came with a one-yr TWM warranty. I was told that I can only send to Kar engineering for servicing. Can anyone advise the servicing standard of Kar engineering? Are they familiar with BMW cars?

Once My dad have to fork out own cash to get his battery replaced instead from TWM as they give many reasons and drags the time... from a 30min jobs to days... just for the batt... bad experience though

Ckchow13;589381 said:
I just got a pre-owned e60 (2006), and it came with a one-yr TWM warranty. I was told that I can only send to Kar engineering for servicing. Can anyone advise the servicing standard of Kar engineering? Are they familiar with BMW cars?

BVO is one of the authorized workshop

Cincau;589383 said:
Once My dad have to fork out own cash to get his battery replaced instead from TWM as they give many reasons and drags the time... from a 30min jobs to days... just for the batt... bad experience though

Don't think the battery is covered by the warranty

skip;589395 said:
BVO is one of the authorized workshop

Great! I heard BVO is quite good. Will go there. Must we make booking in advance, or can we go straight?

Ckchow13;589467 said:
Great! I heard BVO is quite good. Will go there. Must we make booking in advance, or can we go straight?

Yes they are good. I am happy with their service so far.

I usually just drive in without any appointment and they are always able to entertain me.

clifford2828;565521 said:
Hi,

I am just wondering any one here have issues on claims for faulty parts with TWM??? My car has a sensor fault that kept appearing and i went to them at least 3 times to retify the problem. First, they reset and ask me to try again, after that was done, the error came back again and i went to them...they checked and now change the left sensor to the left from the right and vice versa and ask me to TRY AGAIN!! what is the problem of changing the faulty part when my car is under their warranty??? Any bros have this experience??? Really waste my time to bring the car here and there........

Clifford :furious:

yes that is what you get when you go to them for warranty.
If it is regular problem like oil leak etc, they will try to repair. but be prepared to come back a few more times before it is properly rectified.

I had a wiper pump spoil (cracked) and they used silicon to seal it back and put back to use.
after 1 week leak again. cant be bothered to go back to them, went to eng soon bought one for $30 and self install back.

on yet another occation, i told them that my crank shaft seal leaking. they opened up my geabox oil cover put back, put silicon everything, but the main oil leak which i complained still there. and now, my gearbox cover gear oil is now seeping out after they opened the cover.
you think i dare to go back to them to repair anymore?

I advice you if cheap cheap old japanese car maybe can go there repair because these japanese cars are all very hardy. but for the beemers... good luck.. they hire a bunch of chinese national on training in china here. so most of them are not experienced.

oh i forgot to add, they also cracked my crank case cover, and refused to replace.

so you still dare to go there repair? or continue your warranty there????

Ckchow13;589381 said:

Yes, you must go to their workshop. normal oil change i think should be no problem.
anyway 1 year very fast over. just do servicing there, anything else outside.

fredrick;581137 said:
actually my dealer pay for it....not thru me
my booklet is silver/brozne,,,,,,,
dunno is silver or brozne.......
ask the dealer........he only say 25k km or 1 year

wow 25k only ah.. i hit 25k in about 6months.. mine was at least 60k
double check , its in the booklet.

Bros,
:singsing:
Is Khang Auto the only 1 that can provide extended Warranty?:confused:
Recently i was quoted SGD 500 for 1 year or 25000km whichever first or SGD 1000 for 2 years or 50000km....plaanning to take the 2 years...as mine is a 4 year old E90 320i. sent it for evaluation/inspection as it is a requirement prior to Warranty issuance. they said that have to do some repair works before waranty can be issued...Gear box over-haul, Gasket minor leak and such....cost is around SGD 1500:ultrasho:.....on repairs.....plus SGD 1000 for warranty 2 years...all in all 2.5K.....is this money worth spending? Not sure if i am doing the right thing here....as also worried if i don't take up the warranty....if problems occur especially on Gearbox, drive shaft and Oil Gasket....sure big hole in my wallet :( Can anyone advice on this matter?:shock:

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Monfreeze Archangel;612593 said:
Bros,
:singsing:
Is Khang Auto the only 1 that can provide extended Warranty?:confused:
Recently i was quoted SGD 500 for 1 year or 25000km whichever first or SGD 1000 for 2 years or 50000km....plaanning to take the 2 years...as mine is a 4 year old E90 320i. sent it for evaluation/inspection as it is a requirement prior to Warranty issuance. they said that have to do some repair works before waranty can be issued...Gear box over-haul, Gasket minor leak and such....cost is around SGD 1500:ultrasho:.....on repairs.....plus SGD 1000 for warranty 2 years...all in all 2.5K.....is this money worth spending? Not sure if i am doing the right thing here....as also worried if i don't take up the warranty....if problems occur especially on Gearbox, drive shaft and Oil Gasket....sure big hole in my wallet :( Can anyone advice on this matter?:shock:

Thanks.

if car has hit certain mileage, gearbox over-haul, gasket replacement, etc are wat we need to do to maintain car in good operational condition. so even if u dun buy the warranty, u may need to do them in any case.

imho, if u intend to continue driving, juz pay sgd1500 for the works. take it as routine mtce cost. they buy their warranty for that peace of mind.

i bought their warranty right before my pml warranty ended. reason is that if they found any problem that i hv to fix before i can purchase, i still got 2 mths to run back to pml to fix. luckily all ok, so i went ahead with 3 yrs or 75,000km. probably last me 2.5 yrs based on my 25,000km /yr average. went to them once already for washer pump leak and they fix it although took them one whole day as they repaired the leaking seal instead of changing entire pump. oh well, at least it was fixed :)

arowana1;612628 said:
if car has hit certain mileage, gearbox over-haul, gasket replacement, etc are wat we need to do to maintain car in good operational condition. so even if u dun buy the warranty, u may need to do them in any case.

imho, if u intend to continue driving, juz pay sgd1500 for the works. take it as routine mtce cost. they buy their warranty for that peace of mind.

i bought their warranty right before my pml warranty ended. reason is that if they found any problem that i hv to fix before i can purchase, i still got 2 mths to run back to pml to fix. luckily all ok, so i went ahead with 3 yrs or 75,000km. probably last me 2.5 yrs based on my 25,000km /yr average. went to them once already for washer pump leak and they fix it although took them one whole day as they repaired the leaking seal instead of changing entire pump. oh well, at least it was fixed :)
Hi Arowana 1,

Thanks for your honest feedback...agree...as it makes sense....my miillage is 86,000. So assume needs all the major maintenance works :(
BTW if you mind sharing how much did u pay and and where do you go for your regular servicing, when the Warranty from Khang Auto kicked in. Did you service with Khang themselves or opt for the authorized workshop. Thinking of BVO.

Thanks again. much appreciated.

Buy TWM warranty as an insurance for big ticket items like gearbox, activer steer rack, air-con compressor etc. For $600 a year, it is really value for money!
I had my 645i Active Steering rake replaced by them under warranty that PML quoted me $6500 without labour. Inclusive of Labour about $7800.

The best way to do it from my experience is to send your car to PML first for proper diagonistic and then print out the problem and pass it to the TWM service advisor. They will still do another round of checks and verification (which is fair) but they usually will make proper repair after that. If my active steering is done by PML, it will take about 3-4 days but TWM took about 8 days. U need more time and effort to claim but it is still possible.

The car came back with steering wheel not aligned to centre after steering rake replacement but that is only a $50 job so I just do it on my own even though the manager offered to do it for me after I complaint to him. I dont really trust them totally but I will let them repair MAJOR PARTS only.

All in I spent $250 for PML Diagonistic service and $50 for alignment and another $600 for warranty coverage. total $850 vs $7800 by PML or about $5500 by Boss Motorsport. So I benefited from this insurance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi guys,

Sorry to use this thread but i need help urgently.
Anyone where can i go for overhauling for my car?

Does the service centre does that oso?
Went to ask price in JB and was quoted 10K.

Anyone can recommend some reliable workshop to do it?

Hi,
u can try R2D, BOSS or BVO. can really comment as i have not done it...just a suggestion. Try checking with them.

Didn't know the Active Steering rake is so expensive, PML change it for me just before my warranty end. Look like a common problem with the 645.

Welbo;612694 said:
Buy TWM warranty as an insurance for big ticket items like gearbox, activer steer rack, air-con compressor etc. For $600 a year, it is really value for money!
I had my 645i Active Steering rake replaced by them under warranty that PML quoted me $6500 without labour. Inclusive of Labour about $7800.

The best way to do it from my experience is to send your car to PML first for proper diagonistic and then print out the problem and pass it to the TWM service advisor. They will still do another round of checks and verification (which is fair) but they usually will make proper repair after that. If my active steering is done by PML, it will take about 3-4 days but TWM took about 8 days. U need more time and effort to claim but it is still possible.

The car came back with steering wheel not aligned to centre after steering rake replacement but that is only a $50 job so I just do it on my own even though the manager offered to do it for me after I complaint to him. I dont really trust them totally but I will let them repair MAJOR PARTS only.

All in I spent $250 for PML Diagonistic service and $50 for alignment and another $600 for warranty coverage. total $850 vs $7800 by PML or about $5500 by Boss Motorsport. So I benefited from this insurance.

arowana1;612628 said:

washer pump will leak again get a new pump and change yourself,($30) they put silicon on the cracked pump and the problem will comeback shortly.

I wish I could say the same, when my transmission went TWM did everything they could to avoid replacing it, including denying there was anything wrong it until the third time I returned and caused a fuss. The first visit they returned the car saying nothing was wrong with it (2 days), second vist they claimed to have fixed the tran control module and sent the car back. Car immediately started slipping out of gear(2 days). The third time I asked my mechanic to take the car there where they told him they had not replaced the module and there was nothing wrong with the car but it was the driver who did not know the car. Finally they agreed there was a problem with the car after a week in the workshop with another week to replace a part not the transmission ( this is still on-goin). They told me policy was only to provide a courtesy car on the 8th day consecutive regardless of how many times they had got their diagnosis wrong, or how many days the car had been in shop for the same issue

I would never recommend TWM warranties, it all seems good until you neeed to make a claim. Then they will lie, delay and do anything in their power to void the warranty or test your patience so that you give up the claim

Not worth the paper it's written on

based on their silver plan, the premium is only $1k to $2k.
do you think they will chop chop repair or replace gearbox?
if that's the case, all e90 bros will sign up twm for a recond gearbox :D and twm will close shop chop chop too.

Lmc78;624884 said:
I wish I could say the same, when my transmission went TWM did everything they could to avoid replacing it, including denying there was anything wrong it until the third time I returned and caused a fuss. The first visit they returned the car saying nothing was wrong with it (2 days), second vist they claimed to have fixed the tran control module and sent the car back. Car immediately started slipping out of gear(2 days). The third time I asked my mechanic to take the car there where they told him they had not replaced the module and there was nothing wrong with the car but it was the driver who did not know the car. Finally they agreed there was a problem with the car after a week in the workshop with another week to replace a part not the transmission ( this is still on-goin). They told me policy was only to provide a courtesy car on the 8th day consecutive regardless of how many times they had got their diagnosis wrong, or how many days the car had been in shop for the same issue

I would never recommend TWM warranties, it all seems good until you neeed to make a claim. Then they will lie, delay and do anything in their power to void the warranty or test your patience so that you give up the claim

Not worth the paper it's written on

Back