Turbonator

mesheng

I am certain that most of you would have realised the Turbonator (sounds like cousin of Cyclone) advert on the main page. But anyone of you have tested ? I was told by my mechanic that the computor system in our BMW will, in weeks, slowly adjust itself to nullify its effect. Any views ?

Re: Turbonator

mesheng said:
I am certain that most of you would have realised the Turbonator (sounds like cousin of Cyclone) advert on the main page. But anyone of you have tested ? I was told by my mechanic that the computor system in our BMW will, in weeks, slowly adjust itself to nullify its effect. Any views ?

heh, first it must have effect in the first place before you need to worry about whether ECU will do anything.

better off to buy some mugen stickers, those ones confirmed 10hp per sticker.

in the unlikely event that it did do anything to help combustion, i dont think the effect would have such significance that the ECU would nullify it, unless we are talking about a tendency to prematurely detonate.

mesheng said:

Ya, quite surprised that the advert was there for a while but no active discussion about this product. There used to be a thread but seems to die off. For the kind of money with the claimed bhp improvement, it seems quite unbelievable!

Comments....?

if the ecu can compensate so much, then all those $15k superchargers all lagi lugi big money. if the thing feeds more air, what the ecu actually does is to feed in more fuel (within set limits) so that the air-fuel ratio remains within the specified tolerance level.

According to its discription, it improves the air/fuel mix (like Cyclone). I doubt that it feeds in more air, as the real turbo charger do.
If the improvement is lasting, such a small amount of investment sounds reasonable as I do not expect much of any maintainance work, like the K&N

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnloh1221
Back