TP's new digital camera

Re: TP's new digital camera

becos ppl never see the cam and thot can cheong

Because the summons, like the foreign worker levies, domestic helper levies, COEs, ERPs, OA, SA, RA in our CPF, are meant to be for our own good, and not to enrich the nation's coffers. So, the more they issue the summons, the more they care and share for our own good. All praise the garhmen. :lol2:

Red_Bean_Bun said:
I only a mechanic so not that clever but if the professor say the cameras so good than why the summun every year go up ?

I think there is something wrong with the trigger points.

The threshold is too low. Example 70 km/h in KPE? Too low, subsequently LTA adjusted it up to 80 km/h. That's still erring on the low side.

Of course the summons volume remain high with such a low speed threshold.

We are becoming a nation of hoggers.

KPE confirmed is the anti-autobahn ........

kenntona;1105532 said:
I think there is something wrong with the trigger points.

The threshold is too low. Example 70 km/h in KPE? Too low, subsequently LTA adjusted it up to 80 km/h. That's still erring on the low side.

Of course the summons volume remain high with such a low speed threshold.

We are becoming a nation of hoggers.
CCB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LTA would rather we road-hog than we speed.

More cars.

Higher average horsepower over the years.

Same slow speed limit.

Surely more drivers will be caught.

Speeding tickets alone got 200,000 per year....say average 150 per ticket, thats $30M, if I m garmen I oso wun increase speed limit la...gia lan ka tao meh. Too bad I m not so I can only ccb garmen here...

so, increasing speed limits is the way forward?

I am confused

For kpe, sure must increase la...80 too kia see, drive till wanna koon. And all the expressway exits @ 50? Pls...

kenntona;1105558 said:
LTA would rather we road-hog than we speed.

More cars.

Higher average horsepower over the years.

Same slow speed limit.

Surely more drivers will be caught.
That's bad traffic management. With higher speed limit, average speed will increase & higher traffic flow/hour. From P&L POV, it equals to more ERP collected.

davidtch;1105566 said:
That's bad traffic management. With higher speed limit, average speed will increase & higher traffic flow/hour. From P&L POV, it equals to more ERP collected.

You are forgetting that the ERP collection is for our own good. They are doing this because they care and they share!! It's NOT for the P&L and the balance books. You cannot anyhow also KNNCCB garhmen like this one :lol2:

Catching drivers that speed excessly is understandable. But would they also summon slow drivers hogging right lanes or lorries travelling on right lanes? I don't think so.

There are now provisions in the legislation to fine you for traveling 1kmh above the limit .... $150 I think.

Huat ah !

Aiya, my favourite cheong stretch is now gone! Haigh...life is tough in SG.

hoks;1105562 said:
For kpe, sure must increase la...80 too kia see, drive till wanna koon. And all the expressway exits @ 50? Pls...

expressway entrance and exits at 50, imagine they install com at these critical areas, sure can catch alot and we drivers will lose our points faster than pouring water, eg accelerate to 90 just before filter into expressway already 40 above limit!!!

my experience in hk is that the tp over there like to install and catch offenders at areas wherever there is a change of speed! a few of my frens lose license very fast

anyway bukit timah road got new camera or not? I travel almost everyday, hard to keep to limit of 70

Last edited by a moderator:

helbreath;1105856 said:
expressway entrance and exits at 50, imagine they install com at these critical areas, sure can catch alot and we drivers will lose our points faster than pouring water, eg accelerate to 90 just before filter into expressway already 40 above limit!!!

my experience in hk is that the tp over there like to install and catch offenders at areas wherever there is a change of speed! a few of my frens lose license very fast

anyway bukit timah road got new camera or not? I travel almost everyday, hard to keep to limit of 70

A lot of rich and famous people stay there, so there is no camera.
I bro never say Wobbles.

one of it is at the SLE before the mandai road exit towards woodlands. every morning now that stretch of road slow traffic. Everyone is so eager to see the new digital camera

of cos cannot increase speed limit ...

the more hogger there are, the slower the cars are moving, more excuses to erect new ERP gantries, more reason to increase ERP rates ....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back