TP wrx vs BMW

Re: TP wrx vs BMW

Hymics said:
Tua Jia , he already done it... and alive to tell us his story.

Ya, he cld have been lucky the last time, but who knows wat gonna happen the nxt times?

then revoke the driving licence for life..swee2x..

Just wondering why anyone in his right mind would want to race with TP? For thrills? For adrenaline rush? To prove something against the law?

I have a friend who served NS as a TP and he said they don't always chase. If the mad man is going too fast or aggressive, they won't bother to chase because it's not worth endangering their lives. They will just radio in and monitor with cameras to see if that guy slows down later so that other chase cars or bikes can catch them.

the model of the bimmer is bUmmer!!!!! ha ha.

Actually TP no need use WRX one... just the 2 pedal BMX I loose liao... sigh

To try to counter the TP, I remember some people shared they went to the extent of acquiring radar detectors. But I guess if you can scan frequencies to detect the TP, likewise, your radar detector would emit signals that they can pick up as well. I think radar detectors are illegal here too right? Anyone know the penalties?

Too bad there're no ECM packages/pods for cars. Would be interesting if one could 'blind' off TP detectors by popping chaff or use some electronic jamming equipment. Better yet, in true James Bond 007 style, have a car-based HARM to lock onto the TP car's signal and just Fire-&-Forget.... Oh no, I'm getting dellusional....

to try to counter TP? drive properly within the laws lor...
i think radar detector can go jail rite? quite serious offense...

i always wondered how about those channel scanners... can listen in to police frequencie..that one shudn't be able to detect rite?

0000 said:
guys you are wrong about no one taking on TPs. used to hang out with this group of crazy civic lovers who cover their number plates then go on highway to look for those TPs' e36 and race them cos last time no WRX for TP. They do this on weekends. I have been invited to sit as a passenger in one of those civics and they were damn really fast. TPs' e36 cannot catch up.

Any idea what model of e36s the TPs are using.. Last time i thought their cars got super hiong mods one, probably nitrus and stuff, ha... Guess not~
No one in the right frame of mind will wanna go head on with TPs la. Sure Fine, Jail or revoke licence. Totally not worth it for the few moments of excitment

i also duno why last time i get in the car.. last time young mah 19 yrs old only so never think dangerous only think chi kek and also he always win kallang race open cat and never crash before.. you guys are right. when i got out of that car i swore never to get in that fella's car again. that guy's skill when handling the car is damn good but the speed is too much for me. i got out of the car with a white face. as for cameras, there were no cameras that time.

the typical four door e36 that tp use... i'm not too sure about exact model. i only know 2 models of e36. one type without vanos but with bigger cams and the other with vanos but smaller cams.. think maybe those that come with vanos and look quite square type. but i dun think tp use m3 engine. and i also duno whether tp's e36s mod b4 a not.

This thread has degenerated into a discussion on racing against the law enforcers and use of radar detectors. Not sure about the admin, but if our tolerance is not even stretched beyond dangerous and aggressive taxi-rides during the meet-ups, why are we getting involved in all these acts against the system? Mind you, this is a public forum.

They use the E36 with the 129hp engine with 5sp manual trans. The only mods they did was some header work (apparently from PML, i was told). The rest of the car is stock down to the 15" steel rims.

Cheers

kenntona said:
This thread has degenerated into a discussion on racing against the law enforcers and use of radar detectors. Not sure about the admin, but if our tolerance is not even stretched beyond dangerous and aggressive taxi-rides during the meet-ups, why are we getting involved in all these acts against the system? Mind you, this is a public forum.

Agree with you bro...

kenntona said:

While I agree with you that somebody is boasting abt going head on with the men in blue, most forummers are sane/mature enough to point out that we should not break the law. It is indeed good to see these posts urging sanity and compliance to the legal systems. I dont think most of the posts are anti-establishment.

Enjoy our rides but do not fight the system cos its not worth it. :stop!:

kenntona said:

bro relax lah... we are just talking about it and no one's said they are goin to do any acts against the system.

quiksilver said:
While I agree with you that somebody is boasting abt going head on with the men in blue, most forummers are sane/mature enough to point out that we should not break the law.

Bro,

I agree with you we shouldn't break the law but just because you don't do it doesn't mean other people won't do it. There are many people in this world who love to challenge the extreme. People share experiences here. Thats what forums are for. If you don't believe it, fine... but you know, you offend people when they are sharing their experience and you say they are boasting.

0000 said:
Bro,

I agree with you we shouldn't break the law but just because you don't do it doesn't mean other people won't do it. There are many people in this world who love to challenge the extreme. People share experiences here. Thats what forums are for. If you don't believe it, fine... but you know, you offend people when they are sharing their experience and you say they are boasting.

ok, I see your pov. me bad. dun mean to offend but we had seen a lot of incredulous postings in this forum that we sometimes take things with a pinch of salt. next time kopi on me when u come to monthly meetup. cheers! :)

Back