Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

To Buy or not to buy (e90 320 vs IS250)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: To Buy or not to buy (e90 320 vs IS250)

Drag00n said:
Hi There,

I am new to the forum, thinking of getting the 320i though.

Went down PML, but the SE told me he can TRY to get me at 126k with 3 years servicing.

Maybe I know what is the source for 120k WITH servicing?

thanks alot

Go and ask around the different SEs esp towards the end of the month ; many SEs have not hit their monthly quota , these will be the ones to give big discounts. There are about 50+ SEs to choose from.

i thought there is a rule that once u test drive with one SE you are kinda tied to them for at least 1 month?

mistraele said:
i thought there is a rule that once u test drive with one SE you are kinda tied to them for at least 1 month?

i don't think there is such a rule. if you are the customer and you don't like that particular SE who serves you, then you are entitled to change. or else PML lose the biz.

126K very good deal... I had mine at 127K when coe is 9K :(
But opt out of the Servicing, realised you only can at most hit 2 service interval (Acutal cost < $800 and you can get discount of 1.5K
Which means your final price is 124.5 K .... very very good deal!

Drag00n said:
Hi There,

I am new to the forum, thinking of getting the 320i though.

Went down PML, but the SE told me he can TRY to get me at 126k with 3 years servicing.

Maybe I know what is the source for 120k WITH servicing?

thanks alot

I got mine about 2 months back when COE was at 11K at 128K, so I was thinking with dropping COE's and expected drop in ARF, I guess PML might want ti finish goods early. Furthermore, I expect the 323i to enter the market soon. It has already been introduced in Canada. Thus the price of 320i is just going to go down and down. Try 120K, you could most probably get it if the SE is desperate enough.

After reading your post, my heart pain. image paying less when COE is more : (

Sign...me paid more than 140k for mine:furious: more heartache.......
I wonder what's the interest rate you guys are paying for those 120k+ E90?

me too, paid $143k for mine... wish i could have waited for IS250 to come out, coz PML may lower the price of 320 even more to fight off the competition

Hi Guys,

Can you share what's the latest deal now ( AA and non- AA), down to 126K already for non-AA ?? Cannot imagine people already talking about 120K .....
Are you able to elaborate on the kick backs on financing, servicing, freebies, etc ??

Thanks in advance .........

heard the AA deal is for 121k. no rain sensor, no anti dazzle rear view mirror, no 6 disc changer and no more 3 years maintenance free. Only 3 years warranty.

anyhow, engine is the same as e46 318. if i were u, will get the 325 instead.

numbers are flying around. Some say 123K some say 121K for the AA deal
Know that current car is selling at 129K (11K COE)
and that COE may increase this time round for Cat B
So if 121K, seems quite worth it ( don't forget 4K specs+Svc already taken out)

Heard that non-AA 320 was recently sold for $122K.

AA versions can go for sub-$120K depending on the size of your loan becos you get a 3% cash rebate on the loan amount if you take a 7 or more year loan.

I too am waiting for the IS250 to come out, but I think Lexus has a huge problem of matching PML's price - they just refuse to budge. At about $130K (for the lower spec version) minus ML sound system and other specs, is just not compelling pricing, especially when you know the Mark X is going for $90K for the SAME V6 2.5L engine.

The IS250 OMV is also a lot lower than the 320 - around $36K compared with $40K-42K for the 320. Now if the Mark X were a lot sportier looking......

In my view, PML are pushing out the 320s as fast as they can to crush the opposition in terms of number of cars on the road. These must be the thinnest margins on BMWs I have ever seen. The IS250 will have to sell for sub-$120K with FULL specs if they want to persuade BMW drivers to switch.

I think we should not take the price after loan rebate. Very misleading cost your discount from rebate depends on loan size.

Black Spyder said:
Heard that non-AA 320 was recently sold for $122K.

AA versions can go for sub-$120K depending on the size of your loan becos you get a 3% cash rebate on the loan amount if you take a 7 or more year loan.

I too am waiting for the IS250 to come out, but I think Lexus has a huge problem of matching PML's price - they just refuse to budge. At about $130K (for the lower spec version) minus ML sound system and other specs, is just not compelling pricing, especially when you know the Mark X is going for $90K for the SAME V6 2.5L engine.

The IS250 OMV is also a lot lower than the 320 - around $36K compared with $40K-42K for the 320. Now if the Mark X were a lot sportier looking......

In my view, PML are pushing out the 320s as fast as they can to crush the opposition in terms of number of cars on the road. These must be the thinnest margins on BMWs I have ever seen. The IS250 will have to sell for sub-$120K with FULL specs if they want to persuade BMW drivers to switch.

i dont think anyone who is weighing up the 320 v lexus is really going to consider the toyota, even though on paper it is a worthy contender.

but even at around the same price 130k, regardless of OMV, the things that lexus has to offer i think is more than enough to persuade some to switch marques.
for one thing, lemon & lexus = oxymoron.

Whilst that may be true, it was not so long ago that some Lexus=Toyota........

It is not so much that anyone choosing between the 320 and the Lexus would opt instead for the Mark X. It's just that the existence of the Mark X makes one a lot more reluctant to pay a $30K-40K premium for a different car but with the same engine. Lexus has to price their IS250 low if it wants to move them. Just my view.....

:mad:

Thinking of changing from Camry to either Juguar X, IS250 or 320i, visited 3 show rooms in Leng Kee area.

SM and BM slaes persons gave very good response. Last stop PML, for 20 min no one care to even look at me.

Gave out.

White Fish said:
:mad:

Thinking of changing from Camry to either Juguar X, IS250 or 320i, visited 3 show rooms in Leng Kee area.

SM and BM slaes persons gave very good response. Last stop PML, for 20 min no one care to even look at me.

Gave out.

u mean gave up bro?. i guess they're like that... it happen to me when i when down to look at cars too.. they just din noe that i bought it already .

After reading this tread from all bro out there and the experence in PML show room, from seriously thinking of buying 320, I hasitete now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dagacuasatnet
Back