Those thinking of buying F10, hold your fire!

hitmee

P90093652-small.jpg

2013 5 Series July Production Changes, Including New Multifunction Instrument Display

New optional feature for all BMW 5 Series: individualised cockpit thanks to multifunction instrument display.

An optional feature [from July] that will enhance operation of the automobile in all BMW 5 Series models (except BMW 520d EfficientDynamics Edition and BMW ActiveHybrid 5): the multifunction instrument display. This is a freely programmable cockpit display that introduces a new dimension to driver information. Enhanced Black Panel technology opens completely new possibilities for the display of information. Via the high-grade, homogeneous black surface of the 10.25-inch display, the freely combinable instrument integrates significantly more functions than the conventional instrument panel that it is replacing. However, the familiar arrangement comprising four round instruments still remains. Two chrome rings, which open up towards each other, are visible on the black surface. Together with the displays for tank/oil temperature they remain visible on the display even when the ignition is turned off.

With the aid of the Driving Experience Control function, the COMFORT, ECO PRO and SPORT modes can be clearly visually differentiated from one another on the instrument cluster. Whilst in the COMFORT mode a conventional arrangement of four closed round instruments is to be seen, in the modes ECO PRO and SPORT the rings open up to display additional information between the two round instruments. In the ECO PRO mode the rev counter becomes an EfficientDynamics display, showing how efficiently the vehicle is currently being driven. Here the instrument panel shows the extended range based on the adapted driving style. In the SPORT mode speed is only displayed digitally via a large figure in the centre the speedometer, whilst the selected gear is clearly displayed in the centre of the rev counter. Besides changing colour, the displays in the instrument cluster provide additional tailor-made information such as status and function displays, check control and navigation data, all of which can be individually accessed as required. [Hi-res display images directly below].

P90093540-small.jpg
P90093650-small.jpg
P90093651-small.jpg
P90093652-small.jpg

Bang & Olufsen High End Surround-Sound System.

From July, the Bang & Olufsen High End Surround-Sound System will be optionally available for all models of the BMW 5 Series. This system facilitates the reproduction of music in outstanding sound quality via 16 active loudspeakers with a total output of 1,200 Watt, whereby it is possible to choose between the “Studio” mode offering a clear sound and the “Extended” mode, which has the effect of an extended sound space. In both cases a unique surround effect is achieved. Equally as impressive as the sound experience offered by the system is the so-called Floating Design with its perfect styling and the precision crafted hole pattern of the speaker grille so characteristic of Bang & Olufsen sound equipment. The system's centre speaker features the Acoustic Lens Technology developed by Bang & Olufsen. As soon as the audio system is activated, the centre element with the integrated medium-range speaker rises from the dashboard to release the lens of the tweeter. The lens radiates its signals evenly into the interior within an angle of 180 degrees, thereby ensuring an exceptionally harmonious distribution of sound.

Contactless opening of the tailgate.

Also starting July, optional equipment on all BMW 5 Series models will include as an integral part of the Comfort Access function the possibility of contactless opening of the boot lid. With this solution from BMW ConnectedDrive the boot lid of the vehicle can be opened without being touched. A mere movement of the foot below the rear bumper is sufficient to activate the opening mechanism. For this purpose, sensors are installed at different heights inside the bumper covering. They identify the gesticulation of the foot movement between the shin and the tip of the foot and send signals with special algorithms to the on-board computer. However, right of access is only granted if the system simultaneously identifies the Comfort Access remote control (key) carried by the person wishing to gain access. Operational safety is guaranteed at all times and misuse ruled out. Electrical operation of the tailgate will be a standard feature of all BMW 5 Series models from July.

Re: Those thinking of buying F10, hold your fire!

New Multifunction Instrument Display is awesome :thumbsup:
B&O ... probably opt out as the price will be scary too

can retrofit?

wt_know;814789 said:
New Multifunction Instrument Display is awesome :thumbsup:
B&O ... probably opt out as the price will be scary too

$16K starting price for the B&O most probably... but, the New MFI display is HAWT!!!

Once again, QUALITY POST from bro hitmee! :thumbsup:

Super nice leh....

July production 5 series also has a new iDrive. looks pretty hawt as well =)

hitmee;814780 said:
P90093652-small.jpg

2013 5 Series July Production Changes, Including New Multifunction Instrument Display

New optional feature for all BMW 5 Series: individualised cockpit thanks to multifunction instrument display.

An optional feature [from July] that will enhance operation of the automobile in all BMW 5 Series models (except BMW 520d EfficientDynamics Edition and BMW ActiveHybrid 5): the multifunction instrument display. This is a freely programmable cockpit display that introduces a new dimension to driver information. Enhanced Black Panel technology opens completely new possibilities for the display of information. Via the high-grade, homogeneous black surface of the 10.25-inch display, the freely combinable instrument integrates significantly more functions than the conventional instrument panel that it is replacing. However, the familiar arrangement comprising four round instruments still remains. Two chrome rings, which open up towards each other, are visible on the black surface. Together with the displays for tank/oil temperature they remain visible on the display even when the ignition is turned off.

With the aid of the Driving Experience Control function, the COMFORT, ECO PRO and SPORT modes can be clearly visually differentiated from one another on the instrument cluster. Whilst in the COMFORT mode a conventional arrangement of four closed round instruments is to be seen, in the modes ECO PRO and SPORT the rings open up to display additional information between the two round instruments. In the ECO PRO mode the rev counter becomes an EfficientDynamics display, showing how efficiently the vehicle is currently being driven. Here the instrument panel shows the extended range based on the adapted driving style. In the SPORT mode speed is only displayed digitally via a large figure in the centre the speedometer, whilst the selected gear is clearly displayed in the centre of the rev counter. Besides changing colour, the displays in the instrument cluster provide additional tailor-made information such as status and function displays, check control and navigation data, all of which can be individually accessed as required. [Hi-res display images directly below].

P90093540-small.jpg
P90093650-small.jpg
P90093651-small.jpg
P90093652-small.jpg

Bang & Olufsen High End Surround-Sound System.

From July, the Bang & Olufsen High End Surround-Sound System will be optionally available for all models of the BMW 5 Series. This system facilitates the reproduction of music in outstanding sound quality via 16 active loudspeakers with a total output of 1,200 Watt, whereby it is possible to choose between the “Studio” mode offering a clear sound and the “Extended” mode, which has the effect of an extended sound space. In both cases a unique surround effect is achieved. Equally as impressive as the sound experience offered by the system is the so-called Floating Design with its perfect styling and the precision crafted hole pattern of the speaker grille so characteristic of Bang & Olufsen sound equipment. The system's centre speaker features the Acoustic Lens Technology developed by Bang & Olufsen. As soon as the audio system is activated, the centre element with the integrated medium-range speaker rises from the dashboard to release the lens of the tweeter. The lens radiates its signals evenly into the interior within an angle of 180 degrees, thereby ensuring an exceptionally harmonious distribution of sound.

Contactless opening of the tailgate.

Also starting July, optional equipment on all BMW 5 Series models will include as an integral part of the Comfort Access function the possibility of contactless opening of the boot lid. With this solution from BMW ConnectedDrive the boot lid of the vehicle can be opened without being touched. A mere movement of the foot below the rear bumper is sufficient to activate the opening mechanism. For this purpose, sensors are installed at different heights inside the bumper covering. They identify the gesticulation of the foot movement between the shin and the tip of the foot and send signals with special algorithms to the on-board computer. However, right of access is only granted if the system simultaneously identifies the Comfort Access remote control (key) carried by the person wishing to gain access. Operational safety is guaranteed at all times and misuse ruled out. Electrical operation of the tailgate will be a standard feature of all BMW 5 Series models from July.
Great POst Bro hitmee,

Quality with great quantity....

Cheers

dont know if i can bring my 2010 F10 down to upgrade to that new cockpit thing :laughlik:

Ahhh... good. Time to change my car.... in three years time.

Doubt we will get most of the new nav features because even though those features have been available for years on commercial gps, we never got the support for those services in singapore. Btw, does our current nav software come with 3d? Or only in 2013 nav pro?

Don't have to hold your breath for new electronic cluster. The current electronic display is the one you see in the 2nd row first picture that hitmee posted. Even that is an option for most of our f10. You can see it in the tasman green f10 touring in pml showroom. New one is the 2nd row, 2nd-4th picturem.

Very nice and significant changes are the snowflake button for aircon will be change to conventional a/c wording. The CD button on idrive will also be changed to media. Might sound like small changes, but these are the major confusion I had when I first took delivery of the f10. Didn't know how to switch on/off A/C, couldn't find how to play music with iphone...I am sure I am not the only one with this issue.

dleo;815146 said:
Very nice... Love it.

when???.......dan MTL!
oh...when u join MDA! remember to ask mio to refund me.

calvin_lin;815138 said:
Don't have to hold your breath for new electronic cluster. The current electronic display is the one you see in the 2nd row first picture that hitmee posted. Even that is an option for most of our f10. You can see it in the tasman green f10 touring in pml showroom. New one is the 2nd row, 2nd-4th picturem.

Oh... I had the impression that the whole instrument cluster is an OLED display and I can change different style and layout.

And if phone call comes in, it will also display the contact pix (aka Parrot).

I can then switch SMS on display and comm with voice-to-text messanging (aka Samsung)

I love the 12-in Lexus OLED display. Maybe, via Andriod open source, we can mod one or two Samsung Note onto the iDrive slot.

calvin_lin;815138 said:
Doubt we will get most of the new nav features because even though those features have been available for years on commercial gps, we never got the support for those services in singapore. Btw, does our current nav software come with 3d? Or only in 2013 nav pro?

Very nice and significant changes are the snowflake button for aircon will be change to conventional a/c wording. The CD button on idrive will also be changed to media. Might sound like small changes, but these are the major confusion I had when I first took delivery of the f10. Didn't know how to switch on/off A/C, couldn't find how to play music with iphone...I am sure I am not the only one with this issue.

I believe the current one (optional) in the showroom is not the exactly the same as the upcoming latest electronic display. The current one (optional) has four physical "incomplete" chrome rings (letter "C"). The opening faces the bottom (2nd row first picture in the first thread)

Full Extended Black Panel Display real life pics on F10 - 2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10

The latest have the "C" in different orientations.

I'm not sure why it is shown together with the rest of the images in the first thread.

And yes, it will be expensive for sure if it optional from PML. Maybe, just maybe they will throw that in when the F10 reaches EOL to clear old stocks :)

M5 instrument panel more chio no need wait

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-p82S7Zhis&t=29s]2012 BMW M5 F10 0-315km/h - YouTube[/ame]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bestsolicitors2112
Back