sze kang auto

Rabid

been there for rims repair- not bad. looking to do a partial respray for a panel on my beat up w211. anyone can chime in the quality of their work for spray painting?

TIA

Re: sze kang auto

Rabid said:
been there for rims repair- not bad. looking to do a partial respray for a panel on my beat up w211. anyone can chime in the quality of their work for spray painting?

TIA

You endorsing or doubting their workmanship?

neither. its a neutral statement and a request for opinions for those who have tried them for spray painting.

last time heard they do kerb rims repair but never tried cos last time we had Angie. But now that Angie high class no more doing kerb rims repair, we can try Sze Kang. But then we have Revol and Leong Seng and Top 93.

Maybe one rim one shop. Jonleeck please take note

My brother subaru r2 went to Sze Kang for spray paint on his bumper.Quality so far so good. Anthony also a very friendly and helpful.

looking at car panel spray painting, not rim repair. for rim repair they are alrite.

talking about rim repair... I always thot rim repair meant puttying the kerbed part and then maybe repainting it if possible. Thats what I see Yew Lip do anyway..

I kerbed my rims once and heard South East Tyre in Marine Terrace does kerb rim repair, so I went to them. The nice uncle there say yes they do repair and got his man to dismount my M5 rims..wat he did next "amazed" me. He sandpapered the whole rim so that the whole rim is "kerbed".. So I had 3 perfectly fine rims and 1 whole sandpaper smooth "kerbed" rim

He said best solution for kerbed rims..wun disintegrate. $20.

WIN

do repair and got his man to dismount my M5 rims..wat he did next "amazed

seebei haolian!

Oh in case anyone thinks I am a cock like jonleeck, this was my E60 M5 rims which was kerbed by my F1 Driver Wife

MW said:
So I had 3 perfectly fine rims and 1 whole sandpaper smooth "kerbed" rim

So when it comes to kerbing, it makes sense to rotate 4 wheels too !!!

Else eventually you might have a wheel which is 500 grammes lighter......

kenntona;1022468 said:
So when it comes to kerbing, it makes sense to rotate 4 wheels too !!!

Else eventually you might have a wheel which is 500 grammes lighter......

Lighter is good.. Forged mah. Good for FC. BMW-SG rocks

Rabid;1022404 said:

TIA

Bro i had gone there to spray before for my previous ride. They do mainly jap models. Well overall ok not too bad but one thing to note though, they don't do proper cover up i.e. some parts of your car might have some stains. My previous ride was a hatch back and sent in there to spray bumper and when collected the car, the ledge came back with dots of paint and those polish compound. Workmanship not too bad also.

If you need help on contacts, let me know as I have one which has been doing a lot of my friends/colleagues car including my is good and responsible. They do lots of conti too. Located at Sin Ming.

MW;1022462 said:
talking about rim repair... I always thot rim repair meant puttying the kerbed part and then maybe repainting it if possible. Thats what I see Yew Lip do anyway..

I kerbed my rims once and heard South East Tyre in Marine Terrace does kerb rim repair, so I went to them. The nice uncle there say yes they do repair and got his man to dismount my M5 rims..wat he did next "amazed" me. He sandpapered the whole rim so that the whole rim is "kerbed".. So I had 3 perfectly fine rims and 1 whole sandpaper smooth "kerbed" rim

He said best solution for kerbed rims..wun disintegrate. $20.

WIN

I think that's the difference in "rim repairs" offered between tyre shops and paint shops. I got my previous rims "repaired" at a popular tyre shop at Paya Ubi. Worker took out a huge rough metal file and started FILING my RE rims. CCB my whole heart sank.... worse than your case, never even bother to sand down smooth. Never went back again.

REND;1022640 said:
Bro i had gone there to spray before for my previous ride. They do mainly jap models. Well overall ok not too bad but one thing to note though, they don't do proper cover up i.e. some parts of your car might have some stains. My previous ride was a hatch back and sent in there to spray bumper and when collected the car, the ledge came back with dots of paint and those polish compound. Workmanship not too bad also.

I sent my other ride to Sze Kang in the past, mainly for fiber repairs and painting. Anthony is a nice and friendly guy, and the repairs are quick, reasonably priced and workmanship ok. Not for fussy owners though, I also had a few patches of polish compound on my headlights which was damn tough to remove. But if you go there, do watch out for the %}€#>¥ exit ramp esp if you are lowered with a wide bodykit. After my first visit, I curbed and cracked my whole front bumper at the bottom of the exit ramp. Then as I was trying to get out, kena the sides. Damn cock.

Last edited by a moderator:

seanskye;1022658 said:
I think that's the difference in "rim repairs" offered between tyre shops and paint shops. I got my previous rims "repaired" at a popular tyre shop at Paya Ubi. Worker took out a huge rough metal file and started filing my RE rims. CCB my whole heart sank.... worse than your case, never even bother to sand down smooth. Never went back again.

I sent my other ride to Sze Kang in the past, mainly for fiber repairs and painting. Anthony is a nice and friendly guy, and the repairs are quick, reasonably priced and workmanship ok. Not for fussy owners though, I also had a few patches of polish compound on my headlights which was damn tough to remove. But if you go there, do watch out for the %}€#>¥ exit ramp esp of you are lowered with a wide bodykit. After my first visit, I curbed and cracked my whole front bumper at the bottom of the exit ramp. Then as I was trying to get out, kena the sides. Damn cock.

Bro It happened to me as well after I left. I can't clear the ram.. Lol btw the compound was still there till the day I sold my ride.. After a year if trying to clear

REND;1022666 said:
Bro It happened to me as well after I left. I can't clear the ram.. Lol btw the compound was still there till the day I sold my ride.. After a year if trying to clear

Same same, mine was quite bad even after most of it was sanded off. Worse than cement.

All I can say is "One Cent Money, One Cent Goods"

seanskye;1022672 said:
Same same, mine was quite bad even after most of it was sanded off. Worse than cement.

True true. Anyway no more Sze Kang lol

MW;1022675 said:
All I can say is "One Cent Money, One Cent Goods"

Bro I agreed totally. I went to that shop was because of the shorter waiting time and price wasn't much lower. I paid slightly below 100 bucks only but waiting time was 1/2 day compared to other shops who gave me 1-2 days

REND;1022679 said:
Bro I agreed totally. I went to that shop was because of the shorter waiting time and price wasn't much lower. I paid slightly below 100 bucks only but waiting time was 1/2 day compared to other shops who gave me 1-2 days

So which shop is recommended for Rims Kerb repair?? hehe!

For polish lip like my bc, I diy to repair. Cost is diff grade of sand paper n autosol. Foc other sweat n tears...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
betonstein1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back