Supersprint exhaust inspected & approved.

Re: Supersprint exhaust inspected & approved.

Supersprint;866138 said:
BMW F06 Gran Coupè, performance exhaust systems

Everthing is available exept for the rear mufflers for the 40i and the silenced centre x-pipe for the 50i, which are in production right now and will be ready the 1st week of September.

Thanks for the speedy reply... Roberto!

Good info...

Hayden where are your pics???

Last edited by a moderator:

BoneDoc;865970 said:
Where are your PICs !!!!!

Still waiting.......

haha i must apologise... havent gotten down to transfering the photos to the computer...

so sorry.... still not transferred yet.. lol happy camping!!

My experience with SuperSprint on my 640i Cab is interesting.
Yes, I love that rumble when I start it up especially from cold. :inlove:
No, I don't like that drone when I cruise between 1800-2000 RPM. :shakehea:
What baffles me no end is that above 2500RPM, no more rumble or very muted.
Most all other exhausts I have tried and heard before gets louder and louder in varying pitches and octaves as the RPM rises. But this one goes quieter. :huhhuh:

It also seems to take away sufficient back pressure to prolong the turbo lag.

Anyone here dynoed yet?

We're addressing the drone issue with the mufflers.
The problem is that these mufflers were developed on the 550 twin turbo and then adapted on the *40 models, so we weren't able to test them in house.
Please be patient while we find the best solution.

Last edited by a moderator:

actually most after mkt exos has the 1.8k rpm drone. i had it on my SS 530 years back...but i just learnt to drive in a different geariing...

That SS has mid pipe all e way to the rear muffler and passed
Fkin LTA, failed my only rear muffler. Not fair but then my brand isn't supersprint.

dgsk;903570 said:
Most all other exhausts I have tried and heard before gets louder and louder in varying pitches and octaves as the RPM rises. But this one goes quieter. :huhhuh:

It also seems to take away sufficient back pressure to prolong the turbo lag. )

Just to share my experience wif the SS quads on my 640 cab too:

Indeed the starting rumble is nice.....and somehow the sound disappears at the upper end. This kind of baffles me too, as bav 2.5K RPM shld b louder.

Another interestin observation: I only get the low end rumble when my car is set to "comfort" or "normal" mode. If i change it to sports mode, i lose all sounds. I suspect sports mode engages the car at higher RPM.

Overall the looks is super nice, esp fm the back, bt a little disappointed wif the sound at upper end.

n yes, LTA approval was easy, except the staff at Ubi vicom was rude and tot everyone coming in to inspect cfm is got caught by LTA officiers.

Cheers

dgsk;903570 said:

It also seems to take away sufficient back pressure to prolong the turbo lag.

Anyone here dynoed yet?

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bmw-6-series-owners/69652-waiting-news-bro-omshks-2.html

This is Bro Omshks' dyno (as well as Bro Samlambo)

The dyno is with SS plus Swiss Chip, but it is mainly a comparison go the Swiss chip before n after

ACSCAB2;905193 said:
dgsk;903570 said:

It also seems to take away sufficient back pressure to prolong the turbo lag. )

Just to share my experience wif the SS quads on my 640 cab too:

Indeed the starting rumble is nice.....and somehow the sound disappears at the upper end. This kind of baffles me too, as bav 2.5K RPM shld b louder.

Another interestin observation: I only get the low end rumble when my car is set to "comfort" or "normal" mode. If i change it to sports mode, i lose all sounds. I suspect sports mode engages the car at higher RPM.

Overall the looks is super nice, esp fm the back, bt a little disappointed wif the sound at upper end.

n yes, LTA approval was easy, except the staff at Ubi vicom was rude and tot everyone coming in to inspect cfm is got caught by LTA officiers.

Cheers

My humble review and 2c...

First of all it looks awesome

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bmw-6-series-owners/68743-supersprint-quads-pictures-promised.html

I put them in at 2000km. I have also driven the SS in Bro Omshks' F12. Both of us have the Swiss Choc Chips. His is at 8/8 and mine 7/7. He had 9000km plus on his car.

My first impression was that mine was more drony than in the F12. Probably cos the F12 soundproofing is not as good and the extraneous noises hide it. But it could also be because his engine is more run in or because of the different settings on the piggy back Swiss Chip.

The sound is always loudest in the morning on cold start. There is some valve that makes it louder (according to Bro Devilangel, an engineer that had modified his X6, who showed it to us at the 6 series gathering )
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/events...-6-series-meetup-please-post-photos-here.html

First the bad...

The drone is most obvious between 1500-2000 which is unfortunately the cruising rpm range for the 640. I like listening to my mp3s and the professional HiFi system (formerly called Logic7 in other models) is of pretty decent standard. The drone is annoying when you listen to quiet music. However it is quite similar to the drone in my friend's GTR stock exhaust and I can live with it. It has also quietened down a little after a further 1500km.

I also feel like I've lost a little low end torque at 1500 but I think this is more likely due to a gain in the boost from 2000-2500 due to my Swiss chip making me feel less torque at 1500. Haven't tried shutting off the Swiss chip to confirm this though.

The good...

As I said earlier it looks awesome.

And when you step on it the sound is orgasmic. It is reasonably loud when you rev it but what is great is the bubbling suck back sound (dunno if that's the correct terminology) when the gear changes on full throttle. It also burbles on downshifting manually to take a sharp corner, reminiscent of my old Alfa 33 Flat Four Boxer engine back in the 90s (yes I'm that old). The sound on revving is loud enough for me. I know Bro Drumminz drives with his window down to enjoy the sound of his SS more. BTW he also has down pipes in addition.

Overall I am happy with the sound when pushing the car. When cruising I sometimes prefer to downshift with paddles to M6 to bring the revs above 2000 to avoid the drone or change to sports mode which also does the same thing. On Eco pro it stays below 1500 so it also is less drony but no fun!

I have considered changing to the m sport exhaust when it's available if I want to enjoy my music. I don't listen that much and don't cruise on expressways that much so I am not bothered too much by the drone. It's already available for the F10 535 and the tech guys at Munich tell me there is no drone, but the sound only kicks in at higher revs. However I will lose my Quad pipes and I don't know if it will sound as good.

Enjoy bro! Guess the sports exhaust could be a good alternative =)

We're working hard to get some new mufflers with resonators to avoid the drone under 2000 rpm.
We're testing on two cars:
BMW M3 E92 (full system, it drones badly from 1300 to 1900 rpm)
Audi A5 2.0 TFSI (full system, drones from 1900 to 3000 rpm)
We're using Helmoltz resonator integrated in the mufflers, if it works we'll made some new ones for the 640i.
Hopefully they will be a bit louder at high rpm but with no drone while cruising. I'll keep you posted.

Hi brother, if have any for 650 F13 please let us update thank :)

Bmw38;914104 said:
Hi brother, if have any for 650 F13 please let us update thank :)

Call Eric at Jeep Chee. There was a second hand one a few months ago. Don't know if its still available.

thank brother will check with Eric

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jilisfyi
Back