Supersprint exhaust inspected & approved.

Re: Supersprint exhaust inspected & approved.

SAMLAMBO;854059 said:
and I'm sure the downpipes add a whole lot more!

Bro... Ya downpipes will add more power...and make the exhaust note better too... But I cannot withstand the smell of the petrol when my windows or top is down leh... so dont think I will consider that...

omshks;854043 said:
Absolutely love the look of the quad pipes... they are quite imposing as they are all 90mm in diameter... most standard sports ones are 80mm in diameter... The pipes extend out of the rear valance just about right and observers can see the nicely engraved "Supersprint" words on the top part of the pipes... Very nice...

As for the sound, I love it whenever I start up the engine... Previously there was little if not no exhaust note upon ignition... Now there is a nice growl whenever the start button is pressed...makes me feel that the engine is alive and kicking!

On the move, the sound is great with a low rumble that builds up as speed is gain. The turbo burble is more pronounced after installation of the exhaust too. At idle and low speed, the sound is low and bassy... not too loud. But as my car is a convertible, the sound can be slightly intrusive...but still acceptable.

Performance wise I feel the car "breathes" better now... there is more grunt and faster acceleration... not sure if this is psychological... But I believe the exhaust system consisting of the mid pipes and rear mufflers does add a couple of bhp to the car...

Overall, I think the supersprint exhaust is great... in terms of looks, sound and performance... A great mod at a great price!

Thanks for the review. I took the liberty to add a picture gallery on our facebook page:
BMW F12 640i - Quad pipe Supersprint exhaust | Facebook
The same pictures will go on the official website soon.
Thanks a lot!

omshks;854210 said:
Bro... Ya downpipes will add more power...and make the exhaust note better too... But I cannot withstand the smell of the petrol when my windows or top is down leh... so dont think I will consider that...

If you keep the secondary cats or fit our sports cats you won't have the smell.

Thats so true.......

ACS vs Supersprint.... lol...

Still headache...

Anyway just got the F06 6 Gran Coupe... =)

haydenhoon;854217 said:
Thats so true.......

ACS vs Supersprint.... lol...

Still headache...

Anyway just got the F06 6 Gran Coupe... =)

Wow! When you getting the car?

Actually ACS has a full kit for the gran coupe... looks very nice... did you see the pics that were posted?

yea... saw them...

actually the only thing i like about the kit is the rear and the exhaust.... haha but will be similar to the 650s.... and it cost a bomb!

collecting the car end of the month =) cant wait..

Supersprint;854216 said:
If you keep the secondary cats or fit our sports cats you won't have the smell.

Hi Roberto... Does Jeep Chee carry the supersprint sports cat? And will installing this sports cat make the car illegal on the roads?

haydenhoon;854239 said:
ello BoneDoc,

Yea... i read about the gathering that your guys are having at Dempsey... but so early?? hard to wake up so early on a Sunday morning lei..

Aiyo, OK, just gimme your address, I'll come pick you up and DRIVE you there!

wobbles;854245 said:
Aiyo, OK, just gimme your address, I'll come pick you up and DRIVE you there!

That deserve a thanks!

Always wanted to sit in a 6 Series Convertable =) :dance:

omshks;854235 said:
Hi Roberto... Does Jeep Chee carry the supersprint sports cat? And will installing this sports cat make the car illegal on the roads?

For your car? We haven't made them (yet), sorry!

I was talking in general terms, with the 200 cpsi HJS cats that we use cars pass the MOT without problems. COx and NOx stay inside the limits, and the CEL doesn't turn on.
About the legality of it...again, it depends on the country!

haydenhoon;854246 said:
That deserve a thanks!

Always wanted to sit in a 6 Series Convertable =) :dance:

Er...then u need to get bro omshks to pick u up

Unless u don't mind the only one of a kind M Spork CB F13 coupe without a sunroof with durian shells in the boot...

Honestly guys, your going to gain just a couple of hp from removing the cats. If you want to get value for money, do your downpipes. Easy 15-20hp and 30-40nm of torque. I got an easy 60-70hp dyno gains from doing just piggyback and downpipes. Again it wont hurt to remove cats, I was just do downpipes first.

haydenhoon;865725 said:
Supersprint for F06 Gran Coupe... any news?

You need to call Eric or Mrs Goh to ask. It may be the same as for F12/13

BoneDoc;865969 said:
You need to call Eric or Mrs Goh to ask. It may be the same as for F12/13

Acscab2 also looking. Maybe u group buy with him

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zxb9236
Back