Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

Suggestion on window tinting solution

macnoodle

Recently the temparature of my black E46 really make me headache as the hot - heat is too strong. Can anyone recommend the window tinting solutions and the pricing of each. I would think the solution should meet the standard LTA restriction.

Re: Suggestion on window tinting solution

macnoodle said:
Recently the temparature of my black E46 really make me headache as the hot - heat is too strong. Can anyone recommend the window tinting solutions and the pricing of each. I would think the solution should meet the standard LTA restriction.

Hi, macnoodle

there are many brands in our local market. Here a few of famous brands
- V kool
- Huper optik
- cool & lite
- Ray barrier
- rikecool
- thermal guard
(Price wise, think the 1st three are higher than other competitors locally)

Believe LTA's latest window tiniting regulation as below
front 3 window glass: at least 70% visible light emission (or not more than 30% tinting)
rear 3 window glass: at leat 25%visible light emission (or not more than 75% tinting)
get those with at least 99% uv rejection and IR heat rejection of at least 90%& above where possible if budget allow

Hope this help

dun think any window tint will solve ur problems if u r gonna park ur car under hot sun for hours...

macnoodle said:

Within each brand, there are couple of grades
I would think for the cheapest one should be in the region of 500-700 bux
And the premium package should be 800-1000 bucks

I am on Huper Optik....Like the color alot but as for the heat shield, not the best I have tried so far.

macnoodle said:
Hi macnoodle,
you can try this www.tintsycool.com

"Llmar" at Florence road off upper serangoon offers $600(opening price for their top range)
With the option of reinstalling back to the legal limit at $40 should you fail LTA.(Great for people who love to smoke out BLACK their entire car windows!) Just a thought.

Does anyone have the contact for Vkool in Johore Bahru? i heard that they rates are almost 50% cheaper than Singapore. Website perhaps?

There also a 3M one..got quoted $800 for my E39
free 5 pc 3M mats with every purchase (cut mats on-the-stop for u)

Tested it w a Nissan Latio w 3M tint installed.
Parked for 1 hr under sun...interior still cool
IMHO, better than vcool which was on my old car

Cool stuff. Guess i am asking cos V Kool or 3M or watever, if the deal in JB is better, i will seriously consider. BTW, i am ex BM owner, and gettign delivery on SUV next month. So need to think cos the rates for tinting that is pretty steep in SGP!

Back