Stone Chips

thongjy

Guys just want to know normally after how long after car collection then normally will get stone chips on bonnet?

Seriously thinking on putting wrapping whole car but need some survey feedback?

Re: Stone Chips

Stone chips are part and parcel of car ownership. Take it that you will experience stone chips and it'd be manageable :)

My car has them, but i treat some of them as battle scars. ;) As long nothing worse happens! :)

Alternatively you can go for a 3M film wrap - which will range depending on the surface area. I think it's about 600-1200 for the front portion of the car.

ryan;532903 said:
Alternatively you can go for a 3M film wrap - which will range depending on the surface area. I think it's about 600-1200 for the front portion of the car.

are those photos in your reply pictures of your car?

hi thongjy, really depends on your travelling patterns as well. if u travel highways and gravel filled roads frequently, high chance u will get chips

C3PO: Sir, the possibility of successfully avoiding a stone chip in an asteroid field is approximately 3,720 to 1.
Thongjy: Never tell me the odds

Ok ok. It all depends on ur luck. Don't think too much about it and try not to follow trucks or buses. Enjoy ur ride!

Slater;532909 said:
hi thongjy, really depends on your travelling patterns as well. if u travel highways and gravel filled roads frequently, high chance u will get chips

example of highways and gravel filled roads

thongjy;532924 said:
example of highways and gravel filled roads
the dreaded ECP and areas with heavy construction

thongjy;532929 said:
ECP? which direction? towards airport or towards aye?
around integrated resort area

you will get stone chips overtime, its kind of hassle to take it off every time..... i just think of it as battle with the road scars

Back