Stone Chips On Bonnet

Re: Stone Chips On Bonnet

thongjy;520559 said:
so yours have how many chips and how old? which model? does the model play an impact? z4 front seems bigger and wider.

Hi thongjy,

stone chip is common on bumper but not so on Bonnet...........some time is purely luck and also depend on the road you drive...........if the stone chip is unbearable then i think you have to touch up your bonnet............

vroom vroom
cheers

bro the paint quality on our rides r all the same. naturally the bigger ur vehicle the higher the probablity of being struck by tones, due to the larger surface area.

ac323;520567 said:
Hi thongjy,

stone chip is common on bumper but not so on Bonnet...........some time is purely luck and also depend on the road you drive...........if the stone chip is unbearable then i think you have to touch up your bonnet............

vroom vroom
cheers

the problem is i dun know where to buy clear coat paint so that i can paint over the touch paint base coat so that the gloss can blend with rest of the clear coat

can anyone tell me where can buy?

C3P0;520554 said:
Thong, it is very very common. Dun brood over it.
The more worried u are, the bigger the chip marks will appear to u.
First chip, cannot sleep.
2nd chip, cannot eat.
3rd chip, scold the lorry driver upside down.
4th...
5th.......
6th...........
7th "xian...., another chip, knn...."
8th "wa, this one not too bad, smaller than the 5th one...."

.....there won't be a 9th one because by then u would have got used to it. Trust me, 我是过来人 :)

lol.......... exactly how i feel..
after bonnet is yr windscreen!!!:whythis::lol2:

thongjy;520559 said:
so yours have how many chips and how old? which model? does the model play an impact? z4 front seems bigger and wider.
different generation of 3 series.
How many...? Lost count on my e46.
For my existing car, can't even be bothered with chips or dents liao.
As long as we and our family are safe and sound, that's the most important, ya bro?

Slater;520555 said:
urs how many chips liao???
Err.... got 2 BBQ favour one, 1 carlbee salted one, and 1 sour cream one :stfu:
No la joking, I dun count them lol

jonleeck;520621 said:
lol.......... exactly how i feel..
after bonnet is yr windscreen!!!:whythis::lol2:
yes! My previous ride the windscreen first look like libra, after a while look like Gemini. Like the stars in the sky, very nice!:D

thongjy;520619 said:
the problem is i dun know where to buy clear coat paint so that i can paint over the touch paint base coat so that the gloss can blend with rest of the clear coat

Maybe can try Stamford Tyre Mart or Autobacs.......

cheers

using touch up paint makes chips more obvious. need to do respray if it really bothers you... just one of those things you cant do anything about.

thongjy;520619 said:

I got it fm PML..the package came with 1 botl of touch up paint according to your car colour and 1 botl of clear coat.

Mine was intent from Germany due to rare colour

haiz.. touch up a chip fm flying stone breated by grass cutting man... and a chip on the handle..

well.. now looks like my car has a water droplet lookalike:lol2::lol2:..

how much does the clear coat paint cost? is it those nail polish type with a built in brush?

still got stock?

thongjy;520677 said:
how much does the clear coat paint cost? is it those nail polish type with a built in brush?

still got stock?
go to giant tampiness. heard from a bro here they sell. $10 only. use a toothpick to dab the touch up onto car. the tip of the toothpick is sharp and precise enough to just cover the chip without overflowing out to the unaffected areas. i used this method effectively in the past

Is anyone able to confirm if the service centre at East Coast Centre side sell the clear coat touch up paint?

If so, how much?

Slater;520692 said:
go to giant tampiness. heard from a bro here they sell. $10 only. use a toothpick to dab the touch up onto car. the tip of the toothpick is sharp and precise enough to just cover the chip without overflowing out to the unaffected areas. i used this method effectively in the past

Are you refering to the touch up paint or the clear coat paint that Giant Tampines is selling at $10?

What I need is the clear coat paint not the coloured touch up paint. Can you confirm again if Giant Tampines is selling the clear coat touch up paint?

thongjy;520696 said:
Are you refering to the touch up paint or the clear coat paint that Giant Tampines is selling at $10?

What I need is the clear coat paint not the coloured touch up paint. Can you confirm again if Giant Tampines is selling the clear coat touch up paint?
its only the touch up. PML sells the entire touch up set with paint and clearcoat.

why do u need the clear coat? there is no way u can get the chip to be like brand new. i suggest avoiding touching up with too many layers as it will only make ur chip look more outstanding.

Slater;520697 said:
its only the touch up. PML sells the entire touch up set with paint and clearcoat.

why do u need the clear coat? there is no way u can get the chip to be like brand new. i suggest avoiding touching up with too many layers as it will only make ur chip look more outstanding.

cos i beieve the clear coat once polish will give a gloss effect which will blend with the clear coat of the orignal surrounding paint.

thongjy;520725 said:
cos i beieve the clear coat once polish will give a gloss effect which will blend with the clear coat of the orignal surrounding paint.
in reality its is near impossible to have the touch up paint and clear coat flushed with the rest of the surroundings. u can try, no harm.

kampong arang at east coast shld have ur touch up paint. just give them a ring to confirm stock availability,

Slater;520808 said:
in reality its is near impossible to have the touch up paint and clear coat flushed with the rest of the surroundings. u can try, no harm.

kampong arang at east coast shld have ur touch up paint. just give them a ring to confirm stock availability,

just wondering anyone here who do not have a stone chip at all?

or anyone who respray as soon as there is a stone chip?

thongjy;520943 said:
just wondering anyone here who do not have a stone chip at all?

or anyone who respray as soon as there is a stone chip?

Hi thongjy,

how bad is your stone chip? post a picture?

cheers

thongjy;520962 said:
1mm diameter on bonnet

yrs?
Let it go bro. 1mm is too small to lose sleep over it

yes, I strongly with C3P0 comment, cannot sleep., cannot eat.... .... This is what he advised me and he is right. Now stone chip to me: NO big deal.

only touch up paint is enough, 1mm is too small to use clear coat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back