Stone Chips On Bonnet

thongjy

Can anyone tell me what to do with the stone chip that I got on my bonnet of my 2 month old Z4?

Anyone got it before?

Re: Stone Chips On Bonnet

sorry to hear that bro. nothing much u can do. if the stone chip is not too deep just buy touch up paint and cover the section up. maybe after collecting a few stone chips u might wanna bring it for a respray.

if u want to prevent more chips u could clear bra ur entire bonnet. but clear bra aint cheap.

is it common? or is it just my luck?

do u have any chips?

how much to clear bra entire bonnet? 3M type?

yes its common. havent u noticed the amount of gravel on road these days? i feel that so long as u do decent travelling, there is a good chance to kena.

try not to follow heavy duty vehicles that carry gravel or granite, as those r the ones likely to spit a stone or 2 onto ur car. do whatever u can to avoid contruction heavy roads as there r debris all over the place which ur tyres could kick debris onto your side skirts causing chips.

clear bra of the bonnet should cost about a 1000 the last i checked.

Slater;520511 said:
yes its common. havent u noticed the amount of gravel on road these days? i feel that so long as u do decent travelling, there is a good chance to kena.

try not to follow heavy duty vehicles that carry gravel or granite, as those r the ones likely to spit a stone or 2 onto ur car. do whatever u can to avoid contruction heavy roads as there r debris all over the place which ur tyres could kick debris onto your side skirts causing chips.

clear bra of the bonnet should cost about a 1000 the last i checked.
A lot of drivers don't notice it. I cycled to work everyday. I found the roads getting dirtier over years.

davidtch;520516 said:
A lot of drivers don't notice it. I cycled to work everyday. I found the roads getting dirtier over years.
thats the way it is when u r a city that is in the midst of a massive infrastructure change. MRT lines, IR, property.....u name it. all these contribute to the shite on the roads

davidtch;520516 said:

u driving porche?

could it be porche car paint will not chip? can confirm since u driving porche?

thongjy bro. bmw uses water base paint and its a known fact that they r more brittle, hence less resistant to chips as compared to cars using oil based paint.

i collected many chips on the front bumper and superficial scratches on the headlights too after a few chiongs on NSH

wt_know;520524 said:
i collected many chips on the front bumper and superficial scratches on the headlights too after a few chiongs on NSH
ai clear bra mai?

mai ... once collected enough chips and dings can psycho myself to change to m-sport liao ... wahahaha

Slater;520527 said:
ai clear bra mai?

wt_know;520532 said:
mai ... once collected enough chips and dings can psycho myself to change to m-sport liao ... wahahaha
M sport have bonnet meh?

wt_know;520538 said:
talking about front bumper la ... my bonnet is pretty okay.
orrhhh. i think by the time u change bumper u might be gian to buy F10 liao. hehe

thongjy;520540 said:
why u install clear bra?

will turn yellow right i heard
i did not install.

to some extent yes coz its a plastic polymer. if ur car is light in colour say white, the yellowish hugh will be obvious over time.

protection or swee, u chose.

Thong, it is very very common. Dun brood over it.
The more worried u are, the bigger the chip marks will appear to u.
First chip, cannot sleep.
2nd chip, cannot eat.
3rd chip, scold the lorry driver upside down.
4th...
5th.......
6th...........
7th "xian...., another chip, knn...."
8th "wa, this one not too bad, smaller than the 5th one...."

.....there won't be a 9th one because by then u would have got used to it. Trust me, 我是过来人 :)

C3P0;520554 said:
2nd chip, cannot eat.
4th...
5th.......
6th...........

.....there won't be a 9th one because by then u would have got used to it. Trust me, 我是过来人 :)
urs how many chips liao???

C3P0;520554 said:
2nd chip, cannot eat.
4th...
5th.......
6th...........

so yours have how many chips and how old? which model? does the model play an impact? z4 front seems bigger and wider.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hema
Back