Stock Tyre Size for E90 LCI ?

nkglfrs

Does anyone know what is the stock tyre size of E90 LCI 318i?

mine is 225/45/R17, but realized that the speedometer is different from that displayed on the GPS.

When i am going at 120km/h, the GPS shows 114 or 115 only

Re: Stock Tyre Size for E90 LCI ?

GPS is more accurate - it doesn't have the mechanical variables, such as alignment issues, tyre pressure and even factory calibration issues....

Normally, a BMW's speedo is calibrated to be around 5km/h faster than the actual speed (which is shown on your GPS).

I am not sure about the new F series or new cars though.

Thanks for the reply.

In my previous Toyota Altis, speedo and GPS is only about 1km/h difference. I am quite surprise that BMW has such a huge gap.

So for police with radar on overhead bridge, is the speed they detect same as speedo or closer to GPS speed?

nkglfrs said:
So for police with radar on overhead bridge, is the speed they detect same as speedo or closer to GPS speed?

Of course GPS speed lah !!!

stock size seems to be 205/55/16 for this car. but base on your current tyre size, it's only 0.4% differences on the circumference, so shouldn't affect the speedo much at all.

dgyew;1097923 said:
stock size seems to be 205/55/16 for this car. but base on your current tyre size, it's only 0.4% differences on the circumference, so shouldn't affect the speedo much at all.

Thanks bro !

Back