Speed Cameras on NSHW

Steel Blue

I just did a run up to KL in my M5 last weekend, and there appears to be at least one flash equipped speed camera along the PLUS NSHW.

This speed camera is located just past Nilai, almost on the outskirts of KL. Cameras and flash units mounted on the underside of a bridge (saw this when I made my return drive fr KL to Singapore in the afternoon). I drove past this bridge at about 6:45am going at 180km/h, and when I passed the bridge, saw 2 flashes. This is something new as in my past 2 years of driving fast to KL in the early morning, I have not encountered any speed cameras that were equipped with flash units. Save for this, the rest of the drive was perfect (unless infrared speed cameras were deployed).

Just a warning to fellow drivers who like to drive to KL.

Re: Speed Cameras on NSHW

Yes, mate. I was flashed twice (as bright as day!) while heading up to KL 2 weekends ago in that location. I believe it was installed recently. Besides, there is a post mentioned of it in the forum.

Guess they will start to stop us at the immigration when we leave Malaysia very soon***gulp***

Bro, apparently, the whole NSHW has been seeded with speed cameras.... :(

Hope you were going so fast, the pictures will turn up a blur... M5 has the ability to do that to speed cameras, heheheh

Yes, NSHW seeded with speed cameras but apparently only a handful are operational as of now. I usually drive bet 180 to 200km/h in the morning (whilst it is still dark), and about 120 on the return leg. Oh well, wanna speed, just be prepared to pay the fine - no point losing sleep over this..... its only RM!

Which 1 is cheaper option, pay up Malaysia TP summon or change VRN?

The cheapest method is to use the wet tissue paper trick. Go MacD's and take some serviettes, wet thoroughly and then apply the wet "mess" to both your front and rear licence plates (in the middle). Then drive on, and if stopped, blame it on some naughty kids.....

An update on NSHW - I drove up to KL yesterday and on the upward journey, there are now 2 flash equipped speed cameras located at (both times a speeding Malaysian registered car in front of me triggered the flashes):

1. Just after Exit 213 (Bukit Mahkota) @ approx 303km from Tuas checkpoint - this camera is located on the overhead bridge

2.Just after Exit 211 @ approx 316km from Tuas checkpoint - this camera is located on lefthand side of the road

Save for these 2, no other flash equipped speed cameras. I was driving between 180 to 200km/h and no flashes.

Steel Blue;903854 said:
An update on NSHW - I drove up to KL yesterday and on the upward journey, there are now 2 flash equipped speed cameras located at (both times a speeding Malaysian registered car in front of me triggered the flashes):

1. Just after Exit 213 (Bukit Mahkota) @ approx 303km from Tuas checkpoint - this camera is located on the overhead bridge

2.Just after Exit 211 @ approx 316km from Tuas checkpoint - this camera is located on lefthand side of the road

Save for these 2, no other flash equipped speed cameras. I was driving between 180 to 200km/h and no flashes.

Looks like it is only nearer KL that they have these paparazzi cams.
Going to Sepang is still "safe".

on the contrary.

was driving up to melaka over the weekend and was stopped by TP car. could've outrun the TP if not for the heavy traffic. damn!

in exchange for RM100, TP gave me all the camera locations from causeway till melaka.

this is what i could remember - 41, 68, 100, 148, 168, 181. These are milestones. tried to spot the cams but couldn't see them.

at these locations, also noticed that there's the corresponding number painted on the road shoulder.

good luck!

Steel Blue;903854 said:

Legally, there must be signboard before all these speed cams. Otherwise, the summon cannot be issued.

dude, it's malaysia, anything goes. the usual legal laws do not apply.

and unless your command of malay is good, don't even bother, cos they will not communicate to you in english.

there are signboards, but scattered along the entire stretch of the NSH, not necessarily before the speed cams.

jinooi;904017 said:
dude, it's malaysia, anything goes. the usual legal laws do not apply.

and unless your command of malay is good, don't even bother, cos they will not communicate to you in english.

there are signboards, but scattered along the entire stretch of the NSH, not necessarily before the speed cams.

Word. If a Mongolian translator can be in Malaysia but not be in Malaysia, and still end up getting herself fcuking blown to pieces, then bro jinooi is correct. Anything goes!

jinooi;904017 said:
Nowadays, it is necessary to have those signboard under AES in Malaysia. These are the AES to date:

View attachment 42387

It is widely circulated among Malaysian.

I ve not driven up to Kl for 6 months. The last time, yes somewhere near the Nilai area, when I drive under a flyover, i noted that there was something there.

Frankly I cannot be bothered to slow down in anticipation of speedcams other than those areas where they used to set up a road block to collect 'toll fees'. I was also told by my MSIAN hiadees that the MSIAN govt has since cramped down on corruption in the country and these road blocks have since dissapeared somehow. Which means these roads block were 'illegal', and are set up by their nearby police stations to get extra bucks for Hari Raya.

Enjoy yr driving.

Last edited by a moderator:

Funny
[video=youtube;oWNTU9WqYs4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oWNTU9WqYs4[/video]

Back