sound advice

Geoff Ang

hey guys,

i gotta E90 M3 with basic sound system... usually my tubi is my soundtrack... but when times that i wanna listen to some good tracks i don't get any kick from it...

any advice where to go and what i can do to my setup without changing the head unit etc...

is it possible to change the speakers or subs only... and if so will it still work with the stock headunit or idrive etc...

i have never played with ICE so damn "swa ku"

thanks in advance!

Re: sound advice

if you change the headunit you will lose the steering wheel controls so best not to do that.

upgrading the speakers, sub, adding an amp etc is all possible. i have not upgraded ICE in a long time but i am sure some other forumers will point you in the right direction of some good shops.

if you want to stick with OEM, i remember a few months ago PML was offering a bmw speaker upgrade which seemed like a safe alternative but really depends on how much of an audiophile you are...

e90 m3 sedan?!!! dats one mean car, and i'm quite sure a rare thing in sgp! how many of you out there man? :)

if u're concern of your warranty with pml, den go pml for ur upgrades.

else, there are some forum sponsors that are popular and reliable. trawl this ICE topic, and you'll see the names popping out time n again. they shud be able to satisy ur needs, given dat i'm sure they'll b impressed with ur m3 sedan.

u've potential of best of both worlds: great engine (sound), and great ice!
happy icing!

thanks guys...

warranty has never been an issue with me as i usually mod my cars the moment i get me hands on them... have never went to PML for any services... i do all my bimmers at BVO... the best!!! :)

i'm the kinda guy who collect car and go straight to change exhausts... yes that's me!!! :)

anyways just wanna up the sound a notch or two... nothing major... just something nicer is all...

yeah... its a pretty rare car... have not seen any since i got mine a week ago... calling other e90 m guys... hellloooo helloooo...

will go read the other threads... just lazy to read lah!!! haha!!

thanks much dudes!

g

Geoff,

i would believe that what u want can be done with one of the site sponsor, Sound Werkz.. I got mine done superbly without infringing into warranty issue but not with our site sponsor. Sound quality damn satisfying.. U will never regret.

Geoff Ang;524612 said:
anyways just wanna up the sound a notch or two... nothing major... just something nicer is all...
if that is the case, the easiest/fastest/most economical way is just change your speakers. BUT be careful my friend....
speakers lead to amps
amps lead to sound processors
processors lead to the DARK SIDE...

hi guys,

thanks so much... have gone to SOUNDWERKS... good chaps there... will most probably go in sometime soon to get em all upgraded!!!

cheers all

g

Then wat about BBKs????

Now you wanna play ICE??

You're getting old...............muahahahahahah

'The Great White'

Was that you parked right in front of my e64 waiting to get tuned by Master Yoda last year @ St Regis?

acs6... huh?

don't understand... erhhh last year me was in 911... just got my m3 a week or so...

g

Ok, must be someone else then. Silver e90 M3.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hema
Back