Solution For Concerned Wheel + Tyre Mods

Re: Solution For Concerned Wheel + Tyre Mods

hi shifus.....
i would like to check that if my tyres have any expiry date?
u see.. i seldom drive so still have a lot of thread yet but i been using the same set of tyre for 6yrs.
my mileage is 30k only.
i heard rumours said the rubber will harden...

jonleeck;949542 said:
hi shifus.....
u see.. i seldom drive so still have a lot of thread yet but i been using the same set of tyre for 6yrs.
my mileage is 30k only.

Hi Jonleeck............... did you kerbed your rims recently???? :oooops:

milk15;949544 said:
Hi Jonleeck............... did you kerbed your rims recently???? :oooops:

the question should be rephrased.. did you not kerb your rims recently?? :)

MW;949534 said:
Hi, as a guru, I would advice that good tyres that matches you specs would be very expensive. The alternative is to have better braking power both in the wet and on dry days.. To this extent, I would recommend a Big Brake Kit like the below, which would address your concerns. Have a good time in our forum.......

View attachment 46677

Hi... Thanks for the prompt reply... Am now at tyre shop. The tyreshop SE say maybe from my stock 19" tires and forged rims, i trade in the tyre and wheel combo for 17" sart sart best of the best aftermarket tyres and he will throw in 17" cast rims for me.

Offset correct but rim size cannot clear the BBK 'covers' i just bought and installed. plus i am afraid car will have massive wheel gap.

is this still a good deal? Maybe i will cut my stock springs to lower the ride height... 1 or 2 coils is ideal for 2 inch drop?

Decisions decisions....

Wow ... I am very interested as this will help my car's stopping power - Which workshop sell this BBK ? I am only interested in the WS that offer the cheapest price and best skills .....

MW;949534 said:
Hi, as a guru, I would advice that good tyres that matches you specs would be very expensive. The alternative is to have better braking power both in the wet and on dry days.. To this extent, I would recommend a Big Brake Kit like the below, which would address your concerns. Have a good time in our forum.......

View attachment 46677

Guru pls pm me the Brembo kit and the discount code...

jonleeck;949542 said:
hi shifus.....
my mileage is 30k only.

Harden means less tyre wear :thumbsup: If you follow F1 you'll know, those on the hard tyres do longer stints between pit stops.

Does the 'caliper' increase or decrease rotational mass? Am concerned about my FC....

Ahwing;949549 said:
the question should be rephrased.. did you not kerb your rims recently?? :)

He's busy with MissC recently.............. Whahahaha

jonleeck said:
can go car wash de mah?

Of course can. At most "polish" back the design with the same paint. Some nail polish also can.

benji ben said:
got group buy?

Eh, don't be cheapo. Can customise designs and tyre profiles. Why wanna group buy?May Newcastle continue to lose. [Run Away]

jasonmaxima said:
Can the gurus 'share' on which tyre to change to that offers sart sart exceptional dry and wet weather super duper awesome grip???

Ideally only willing to pay cheaper if not at most same as stock tyre price.

For the best grip in any weather, I suggest you "grip" your sart sart ride on a flatbed tow truck. There will be no chance of aqua-planning in such scenario - between the truck and your ride. This is the cheapest solution instead of changing tyres.

Plus, your mileage will be low.

Oilman said:
Hi seniors, can I use tyres with no more thread as slicks for track day?

Yes. Encouraged. You should also keep them as coasters for pots and pans in your kitchen. If you are really that cheapo, cut into bite sizes and give to your nephews and nieces as erasers.

jonleeck said:
u see.. i seldom drive so still have a lot of thread yet but i been using the same set of tyre for 6yrs. my mileage is 30k only.

How come you are still alive? You should be dead by now.

jasonmaxima said:
Hi... Thanks for the prompt reply... Am now at tyre shop. The tyreshop SE say maybe from my stock 19" tires and forged rims, i trade in the tyre and wheel combo for 17" sart sart best of the best aftermarket tyres and he will throw in 17" cast rims for me.

Offset correct but rim size cannot clear the BBK 'covers' i just bought and installed. plus i am afraid car will have massive wheel gap.

is this still a good deal? Maybe i will cut my stock springs to lower the ride height... 1 or 2 coils is ideal for 2 inch drop?

Decisions decisions....

I suggest you paint the BBK onto the wheels too. When they move, you will have rotating BBKs - one and only in town. Sart. Bragging rights.

Please update in your mod diary once you are done. To share is to care.

zorro said:
Guru pls pm me the Brembo kit and the discount code...

Discount codes sent !!! Durian trees everywhere !!!

jasonmaxima said:
Does the 'caliper' increase or decrease rotational mass? Am concerned about my FC....

Read my suggestion above. Paint in on, instead of installing the cover. You should be asking if painted, should you redo the wheel balancing since your BBK will be spinning all over.

Answer is no.

Damm I am extremely grateful....Shit the discount code is the same as the door code to Wobble's bungalow....

kenntona;949565 said:
Discount codes sent !!! Durian trees everywhere !!!

Answer is no.

Please do not ask questions like "which tyre shops is cheapest...."

kenntona;949569 said:

Which tyre brand is the cheapest???

kenntona;949569 said:

Which tyre shops has cheapest rent?

milk15 said:
Which tyre brand is the cheapest???

Don't be cheapo. You drive performance car one. Don't make me laugh at you, even though I am more afraid of your Sadako look.

Oilman said:
Which tyre shops has cheapest rent?

Please direct your question to the Property Discussion folder.

kenntona;949572 said:
Don't be cheapo. You drive performance car one. Don't make me laugh at you, even though I am more afraid of your Sadako look.

Can i 'rotate' my brake pads? My inner brake pad is thinner than then outer brake pad on the same caliper.

Yes I think so. But let the brakes cool down first.

kenntona;949439 said:
  • No need to worry about how expensive the wheels are
  • No need to worry about how expensive the tyres are
  • No need to worry about how heavy the wheels are
  • No need to worry about how the FC will be affected
  • No need to worry about warranty void

How is this possible???
because all good branded wheels, tires and other car accessories are very costly :) :)
Solution please....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnloh1221
Back