Sign-up for BMWSG Sepang Track Day 26 Oct 2012

Re: Sign-up for BMWSG Sepang Track Day 26 Oct 2012

updates:

-sy017 and Hardtail will rollover to the next track day. (They paid $250 each since the last cancelled one)
-Maxxis221 will be refunded.

-There are exactly 40 registered and confirmed slots as of now. If there are any pullouts, I will call down the waitlist. For those on waitlist and if eventually you dont get a slot, dont worry I can definitely effect a refund if you want.

-I have received EuGene and Jarrod's payments.

Sorry for the slow response this past 2 weeks; I was on ICT. MR liao!!!!

fyi i am overseas this 2 weeks, whacking the phillip island circuit, but wil have data roaming. so pls whatsapp me or pm me here for admin matters. and also pls identify yourself in the mesages. thanks!!

Hi guys, I've received some queries on the waitlist. There's no need to pay first if you're on the waitlist. I'll simply call down the list according to when the interest was first indicated.

The purpose of pre-payment is to safely settle the sepang rental cost, which we have already achieved with 40 paid slots, so i dont need any more payments from the waitlist until someone pulls out and the waitlisted turn is up and he subsequently indicates that he'd like to confirm the slot.

I'm sorry for not having enough slots for everyone to participate this time round.

(btw i still otang Maxxis his refund, which I'll settle when I'm back in spore)

1. Liam FD2R + Extra Driver (PAID)
2. t_k, S2k (PAID)
3. AC323, Z4 (PAID)
4. AJ911 (PAID)
5. Machoman S2k (PAID)
6. Sy017 Megane RS (rollover)
7. James72 FD2R, Extra driver (PAID)
8. Hardtail S2k (PAID)
9. MindtheShark, Extra Driver (PAID)
10. Kelvin, GTR (PAID)
11. PC Yiu, M3 (PAID)
12. Wei Nien, GTR (PAID)
13. Eng Yaw (PAID)
14. Mark Choy (PAID)
15. Totochan
16. Tanzy (PAID)
17. Shaun
18. Ronson/ modking / EvoX / No / No (PAID)
19. Marcus/ FD2R / No / No (PAID)
20. Billylau/ FD2R / No / No (PAID)
21. Ken Lim / WRX / No / No (PAID)
22. Ryan/570-4/no/no
23. Gerald81/STI/No/No (PAID)
24. Niki/ FD2R / No / No (PAID)
25. Rampage / Integra / No / No
26. EKen4 / S2K / No / No
27. Elite / Family Sedan or Silver Surfer / No / No (PAID)
28. Andyxgy, evo / 997tt, no, no (PAID)
29. Guy013, M3, no, no
30. cwtiger, FD2R, no, no (PAID)
31. Dave / FD2R / No / No (PAID)
32. wowo/ no/no (PAID)
33. Geez/no/no (PAID)
34. Molly/Evo X/no/no (PAID)
35. tlk13, 1M, No, No
36. TripleM / GTR / No / No
37. Jimmy/Evo9/no/no (PAID)
38. Eunice 135i / no /no (PAID)
39. Ah Wang 335i / no / no (PAID)
40. vex
41. Gilbert / Swift Sport / No / No (PAID)
42. Tim Tan / Swift Sport / No /No (PAID)
43. Raymond / Swift Sport / No / No (PAID)
44. Dennis / Swift Sport / No / No (PAID)
45. KP / Oilman / 1M / Convoy / Newbie / No extra (PAID)
46. LEE / FN2R / No / No (PAID)
47. Dan / DC5R / extra driver (PAID)
48. Jas / GTR (PAID)
49. godjira1/r8 (PAID)
50. frankcos / M3
51. Maxxis221 / M3 / Extra driver
52. l00khere / FD2R
53. l00khere / FD2R
54. JasJim / R8/No/No (PAID)
55. Eu Gene/M3 (PAID)
56. Jarrod (PAID)
57. TT20, 997C2S
58.David/TT

latest list

Are we able to have a 5 laps CCT after the 2nd hour?

dave;912897 said:

done u. i drive in auto mode.

dave;912897 said:

Who you wanna race?

Thanks Shawn.......

Great track day.....
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Shaun

Too bad you weren't there to see my SLK do a 2:12! It was flying! Thanks for the recommendation. It's a good car. Also followed your advice to run 42psi on the tires. Next time I break 2 minutes.

Tanzy;913833 said:
Shaun

Too bad you weren't there to see my SLK do a 2:12! It was flying! Thanks for the recommendation. It's a good car. Also followed your advice to run 42psi on the tires. Next time I break 2 minutes.

Congrats on your new best! Can you share some data? Video?
Useless tip for you... 42 psi still results in too much rolling resistance down the straights. Suggest 48 psi at least - don't worry the manufacturer max... there's a 10% margin to play with.

Thanks Shawn for a great trackday. :)

Congrats to Arthur (Elite) on improving on his personal best by 3s!! Well done man!! With a little more handling bits the car has a lot a lot more potential!!

That will be awesome but maybe last 30mins will do as 5 lap cct will take about 25min max to complete. Assuming 3mins per lap with out and in lap making it 7 laps total, so last 30mins more than enough time. Just to be fair that sufficient time be given to paying members who do not wish to take part in the 5 lapper :)

dave;912897 said:

That will be awesome but maybe last 30mins will do as 5 lap cct will take about 25min max to complete. Assuming 3mins per lap with out and in lap making it 7 laps total, so last 30mins more than enough time. Just to be fair that sufficient time be given to paying members who do not wish to take part in the 5 lapper

Arthur is always trying to cheat with hardware and resistant to the driving side of things lol... new exhaust, plenum, retune, all done after last measurement, resulting in 100 - 200 km/h ET reduction of about 1 sec despite being on conservative map vs previous all out map on old hardware. Drop your crutches, cheater! :p

Arthur is always trying to cheat with hardware and resistant to the driving side of things lol... new exhaust, plenum, retune, all done after last measurement, resulting in 100 - 200 km/h ET reduction of about 1 sec despite being on conservative map vs previous all out map on old hardware. Plus replacing the stock electric seats with buckets (-50kg). Drop your crutches, cheater! :p Hahahh

Shaun;914610 said:
Arthur is always trying to cheat with hardware and resistant to the driving side of things lol... new exhaust, plenum, retune, all done after last measurement, resulting in 100 - 200 km/h ET reduction of about 1 sec despite being on conservative map vs previous all out map on old hardware. Plus replacing the stock electric seats with buckets (-50kg). Drop your crutches, cheater! :p Hahahh

To be fair he was running low boost only as the car had some problems when running high boost. I doubt you can find 3s from low boost and lightened seats alone. But what do I know? You are the data man

Thanks Shawn, it was an awesome session, I do not recall there being even a single red flag period.

Some edited footage of my hot laps, including an encounter with a feisty blue DC5 at around the 5:20 mark:

[video=youtube;puKXLfRZrjU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puKXLfRZrjU[/video]

On a personal note, I finally managed to mitigate my overheating problems encountered during the last couple of trackdays (coolant temperature above 105C after 1 hot lap). This time I used straight distilled water mixed with a bottle of water wetter, instead of the usual pre-mixed coolant with anti-freeze. Now my coolant temperature holds steady between 101C to 103C after 2-3 hot laps.

I've also learned that straight distilled water is also safer in the event of leakage on track as it's less slippery than pre-mixed coolant. Would recommend this to trackies with marginal overheating problems on track. But I've also been told that while water wetter does contain some corrosion inhibitors, it may not offer the same level of protection that pre-mixed coolant does, and it is advisable to flush the system once or twice a year.

UK_STi;914631 said:
To be fair he was running low boost only as the car had some problems when running high boost. I doubt you can find 3s from low boost and lightened seats alone. But what do I know? You are the data man

Are you aware the before and after were with different tires? How much time is a better tire worth? What about -50kg? Peak power and power spread? :)

Also to repeat, with the new parts and the new tune, the car is in fact significantly faster at low boost vs even previous high boost level. The track data, dyno, and driver feel all agree.

Boost does not directly determine power. It is air mass that counts. Certain components help move more mass without any pressure gain.

Thanks to everyone who turned up and made this track day possible. It was a really smooth track day (although it would have been better if everyone turned up a little earlier). Also, if we could be a little less aggressive with following too closely with the other cars, it would be better. Ours is a friendly friendly track day.

We have exactly 40 cars. 2 cars couldnt make it due to technical/ permit problems, but we had people who were game to enter on the spot which made up the shortfall. I will proceed to rollover/ refund Kelvin and Liam's entry.

Pls see accounting entry in the other thread. We will proceed with the Dec 14 track day registration tomorrow at 12pm. Pls inform the other trackkies so we may make up our numbers.

Thanks again to everyone for the successful track day.

PS: did anyone take a picture of Arthur's car's rear? I heard it had some interesting badges.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hb888pro1
Back