Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

Should I Renew my E60 523i or scrap?

TH Ng

Hi BMWers,
My car is due for scrap. I am the first owner. I would like to renew the car but wondering if the repairs are worth it. I need a good, trustworthy mechanic to help assess and to repair if needed if I choose to renew COE. Any suggestions?
TH

Hi BMWers,
My car is due for scrap. I am the first owner. I would like to renew the car but wondering if the repairs are worth it. I need a good, trustworthy mechanic to help assess and to repair if needed if I choose to renew COE. Any suggestions?
TH

so far is the car running well at this age?
if ok then re-new...then get a 2nd or 3rd car ( rooooooooofless )

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

yea if the condition of the engine & gearbox is good, why not?
Set aside 3-4k for a COE car for the repair is a fair amount..

Hi BMWers,
TH
I scrapped my 2004 E60 m54 engine in Nov'14 . Was contemplating to renew COE then at $60k+ PQP. Ended up buy a 7yrs old C180.

Last week, I bought a 2010 F10 523 which I have intention to renew PQP in 2020.
F10 rocks and looks handsome.

After 2yrs disappearance to sgmerc. Now, I'm back to bmw-sg. I'm keeping my w204 c180 with intention to renew COE in early 2018. My almost 9yrs old Kompressor engine runs really well, not a single breakdown.

After collected my F10 last Thu, yesterday kanna "Engine fault - reduced power" message. Engine misfire due to ignition coil issue. Replaced all the coils and spark plugs today, ex-owner pick the tab. Hopefully it don't fail on me again. Next to change is water pump as mileage is 100k now as suggested by another forum bro for preventive maintenance

Last edited:
Back