Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

Should i buy a preloved F10 523i or 520i?

Re: Should i buy a preloved F10 523i or 520i?

Rule of thumb: Always buy the brand's specialty, in this case its for bmw.... its the straight six. So 523i gets my vote.

I had the same dilemma last year.., decided on the Straight-6. Not a single day of regret. Try to find a Highline model with all the bells & whistles.

Bro, can share some details about the modified plugs? Tq.

Don't waste your time. Just buy a 520d... don't even have plugs.

Had he same dilemma last year. Test driven both models form different used car dealers. Got a 523 and never regret. Mine came with super sprint exhaust. Agree w some brothers here. When u rev hard, makes your testosterone level high .

[Hi - my two cents and apologies in advance for the OT - I have just put my 535 on sale - if your budget can stretch it..... then have a look at my car.

If you like power between your legs and still look executive (please don"t flame - it is my personal opinion)

I have cleaned up all the mechanical issues - no sticky handles, everything works and in pristine cond - the car comes with an additional 9 months warranty from PML (I had the F10 523 before my 535 and it was covered by third party insurance - having the car repaired under the 6 months used car warranty was a big issue - no fault codes - no repairs). My car comes with a full service history. The back seats looked practically unused for the past 5 years.

Most importantly - you get a brand new gearbox from PML - just check what it would cost you if your car gearbox fails after 6 months (a recond gear box is S$3K ++ for a 523 ) !! Cheers

6pot5er;1120536 said:
I had the same dilemma last year.., decided on the Straight-6. Not a single day of regret. Try to find a Highline model with all the bells & whistles.

Exactly ! It took me almost a year searching for a Highline 523i with the exact color combinations I wanted. Never look back since then, enjoying every ride even after 2 years I have the car.

MYSTIC;1120715 said:
[Hi - my two cents and apologies in advance for the OT - I have just put my 535 on sale - if your budget can stretch it..... then have a look at my car.

If you like power between your legs and still look executive (please don"t flame - it is my personal opinion)

I have cleaned up all the mechanical issues - no sticky handles, everything works and in pristine cond - the car comes with an additional 9 months warranty from PML (I had the F10 523 before my 535 and it was covered by third party insurance - having the car repaired under the 6 months used car warranty was a big issue - no fault codes - no repairs). My car comes with a full service history. The back seats looked practically unused for the past 5 years.

Most importantly - you get a brand new gearbox from PML - just check what it would cost you if your car gearbox fails after 6 months (a recond gear box is S$3K ++ for a 523 ) !! Cheers

I am surprised with the price of the recon gearbox at $3K only... I would have thought is 5 digit ?

MW;1120219 said:
One OT question I wanna ask is, those who drive the Diesel models, when you drive into the petrol kiosk, does the attendant give you funny looks? I mean, in Sg's image conscious society, people look at diesel vehicles as taxis, vans, lorries buses etc and not conti cars like BMW or Mercs

What you said is quite true ... Once I was at a MSCP, I heard a very loud engine noise like a taxi sound , when I turned my head I saw a new diesel Jaguar. I just cannot associate such a nice Jaguar with a taxi type engine noise.

How you imagine you drive your diesel F10 to a five star hotel pick up point and people all give a stunned look when listen the engine noise !?

Recond gear box at S$3K was what I was quoted (when I had the 523 a year back) - will need to exchange my gear box to the workshop.

My new gearbox from PML cost more than S$15K and is "smooth as silk".

Apologise for the OT !

MYSTIC;1121605 said:
Recond gear box at S$3K was what I was quoted (when I had the 523 a year back) - will need to exchange my gear box to the workshop.

My new gearbox from PML cost more than S$15K and is "smooth as silk".

Apologise for the OT !

I am surprised you need to change the gearbox so early for the F10, what is your mileage when you changed it?

Back