service check due since 01/2000 ?

getdee

Ok, this is the 3rd time that this is happening to me. The service check date on my iDrive is indicating that my vehicle is due for service and the date is past due at 01/2000.

First two times, software update was done and the dates were corrected but this is happening again. It just got reset earlier this year. I read on bimmerfest that I am not the only one facing this issue. This could be due to some CMOS reset? Or software glitch on the CBS system?

Did anyone encounter similar issue on their ride? Its really annoying since I need to leave my vehicle at the SA for several hours to reset the dates.

Re: service check due since 01/2000 ?

As a computer engineer... I would think some sort of backup clock battery died.

If PML can't solve, you can try asking EleBest.

As an NTC2 -

CBS is store in different module in car. Like OEL is in the DME and blake pads are in the DSC .... whatever battery die also still store inside one.

Your ride is which one and which CBS got problem ?

Last edited by a moderator:

You are not alone ~ I am here with you ...

This occurs to my ride also. Will ask PML to resolve it on my next servicing. By the way are you on any tuning chip?

Not on any tuning chip. Ride is F10 N52. Bimmerfest forumers indicated that this is a software glitch. Apparently a patch is being worked on and may be released sometime in July this year. The last time I brought the vehicle in to get this fixed, the SAs don't seemed to know what is causing this and all they did is a software update/reset.

Mine has been reset for 5 or 6 times in the past 18months and I'm still driving with this error now. I surrender :furious:

getdee;1078283 said:
Ok, this is the 3rd time that this is happening to me. The service check date on my iDrive is indicating that my vehicle is due for service and the date is past due at 01/2000.

First two times, software update was done and the dates were corrected but this is happening again. It just got reset earlier this year. I read on bimmerfest that I am not the only one facing this issue. This could be due to some CMOS reset? Or software glitch on the CBS system?

Did anyone encounter similar issue on their ride? Its really annoying since I need to leave my vehicle at the SA for several hours to reset the dates.

Happened to my f10. For the last few visits to PML, I kept remind the SA of this issue and the error keeps reoccurring. During my last visit, the SA did something different. According to her, instead of resetting the idrive which she usually did, she requested to reboot the 'computer of the whole car', the term was used by her. So far for a few months, no such error recurring, fingers crossed. PM me if you need her contact to solve this issue.

I had the same problem a while after my software was updated.

Went to MA for a reset, few minutes only...if recurring then maybe is some problem some where...I read that overseas they changed the instrument cluster for recurring cases.

Are there other messages? Like unable to measure engine oil?
I just had my service interval jumped from 10000 to 1000 over the weekend, plus the engine oil sensor failure msg.

Cars4fun;1078382 said:
I just had my service interval jumped from 10000 to 1000 over the weekend, plus the engine oil sensor failure msg.

I think its a different issue from yours ......

Cars4fun;1078382 said:

No other problem...this "service check" is just a rountine check, no exactly like you need to change certain part.

hi guys

I have the same problem too. Hope will have a newer software this July to overcome this.
With the glitch, will it also cause other problems on the iDrive?

Slow_poke_driver;1078429 said:
No other problem...this "service check" is just a rountine check, no exactly like you need to change certain part.

I am not sure if I need to change part. This is the 3rd time it occurs.
First time MA changed a part, second time is just software update.
I just did my servicing a few weeks back. I suspect its a software thing, but strange that it comes out after running for some time. Will probably just drive into PML sometime this week.

Do share if PML finds anything or has a permanent fix. Thanks.

Cars4fun;1079382 said:
I am not sure if I need to change part. This is the 3rd time it occurs.
First time MA changed a part, second time is just software update.
I just did my servicing a few weeks back. I suspect its a software thing, but strange that it comes out after running for some time. Will probably just drive into PML sometime this week.

View attachment 60705Me 2 kena, twice went bk to PML (Pissed Me Load) 3rd time (lucky)
Went to MA n Kow thim aka settled, finger crossed. Oh! Btw this was more than 6 months ago

This warning msg should b e least of your worries when driving a bimmer.
Either your car is new or u r a new bimmer owner.

and yes, I have that on my f10 as well

Wa lau Ay! Ho sim oso kena tekkan by you, thought forum suppose to be for sharing ideas n experience.
WORRIED? Yr England must be very powerful that can read my reply as been worried........IMH la

Hi guys I am having this problem and its irritating i can't remove it. How much does PML charge to resolve this issue? My car is not under warranty anymore. thanks

harizbbjt;1121961 said:
Hi guys I am having this problem and its irritating i can't remove it. How much does PML charge to resolve this issue? My car is not under warranty anymore. thanks

Likely a software bug. Get your ride updated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Archaner
Back