Run-Flats ? Repair or Change

Re: Run-Flats ? Repair or Change

Retsehc;453066 said:
Hi, I'm interested in changing my 17 inch rims and tyres (run flat) to 18 inch rims. The run flat tyres are really expensive and I'm wondering if it is okay to change the tyres to non run-flat low profile tyres?

Is it advisable not to use Run-flat tyres since PML's advice is to stick to run flat tyres? Thanks

I'm new at this so hope experienced old-timers can give me some advice
is OK to switch to Non run flat tyre
You will enjoy relatively cheaper cost and more varieties
Just bear in mind you have lost all the benefit of Run flat tyre which allows you to carry on driving(limited to 80km/h) in the event of Punctured.
Also if you do not have any spare tyre and when you got a flat you have to tow your car:eek:
is all pros and cons you decide what you want.

Can recommend a tire brand to switch to? Conti, Ponteza, Goodyear?
Thinking of changing to Non-FT since my warranty is expiring soon and I am having problem with one of the rear tire now - uneven wear.

Thanks.

OK, thanks a lot bro. Do you have anyone to recommend for good deals to get rims and tyres?

Hi,

On the car tyre pressure decal, stated that the front tyre pressure is lower than rear, e.g. front 220kpa and rear 250kpa. Is this important? Or can we just take the average 225kpa on all 4 wheels?

pandora21;453914 said:
Can recommend a tire brand to switch to? Conti, Ponteza, Goodyear?
Thinking of changing to Non-FT since my warranty is expiring soon and I am having problem with one of the rear tire now - uneven wear.

Thanks.
if your intension is all OE and want peace of mind when you got a FLAT tyre
stick to run flat tyre
to my understanding there are not many shops around in Singapore know how to handle this runflat tyre well when taking out and putting back
the process sometime can scratch your rim:mad:
just MHO

My Wheel profile is R18/245/50. What are available tyres for my car, a 2003 730i? And at what prices?

No particular preference RFT or non-RFT at the moment as pros and cons are being mentioned in this forum. Just collecting information before tyre change.

Help...Change rim and type pressure fault light comes out...

Hi all, I am new to this forum. Check with PML, my 520 LCI model is not on run flat type for my current stock. Just changed to a 20" and drove off for less than 3 min, I was surprised with the pressure lose warning light.

What should I do not to remove the warning signal? It's kind of irritating lo...Pls advise. Thanks much! =)

Re: Help...Change rim and type pressure fault light comes out...

nicholas_neo79;501570 said:
Hi all, I am new to this forum. Check with PML, my 520 LCI model is not on run flat type for my current stock. Just changed to a 20" and drove off for less than 3 min, I was surprised with the pressure lose warning light.

What should I do not to remove the warning signal? It's kind of irritating lo...Pls advise. Thanks much! =)

Re-pump your tyres and re-initialise them?

Re: Help...Change rim and type pressure fault light comes out...

C3P0;501575 said:
Re-pump your tyres and re-initialise them?
yeah. could just be a case of the tyres not inflated properly. alot of tyre shops could not care less about the pressure that goes in when u get new wheels.

nothing to do with rim shop nor tyre pressure... everytime u changed tire rim or removing ur wheels... you need to reset your tyre pressure monitor indicator for it to remember ur tire pressure.... so that it can tell you if pressure changes... basically the light is now on because ur system remembers ur last rolling diameter and pressure and not the new one....

what u need to do is reset it frm the i drive.. and you are good to go

Terry;501582 said:
nothing to do with rim shop nor tyre pressure... everytime u changed tire rim or removing ur wheels... you need to reset your tyre pressure monitor indicator for it to remember ur tire pressure.... so that it can tell you if pressure changes... basically the light is now on because ur system remembers ur last rolling diameter and pressure and not the new one....

what u need to do is reset it frm the i drive.. and you are good to go
it didnt happen to me when i changed tyres twice before. case by case basis.

Hey guys, thanks for the great info. I got pre-owned my 20" rims from a tyre & rim shop at Ubi (Opposite the Police Station at the cross road junction). As I am not v familar with rims/ type setting, I trust them to install the right measure.

Instead, 1st time, they gave me a wrong size, rims ok but tyre size for 7 series. They rubs but no pressure lost issue. I went back and "to the horror", they were surprised they gave me a 7 series tyre. Then they came saying, to change to the right size i.e. 5 series, they charge $100 for the service but with free replacement of tyres to the right size. Haiz, to save trouble, pay for it lo...

Thereafter, along the way driving home last night, the tyre pressure fault came out thus I panicked la. Follow your advise to re-set and am very happy everything is in order now.

Thanks all who contribute to help. Have a great weekend with your ride! Cheers

nicholas_neo79;501628 said:
Hey guys, thanks for the great info. I got pre-owned my 20" rims from a tyre & rim shop at Ubi (Opposite the Police Station at the cross road junction). As I am not v familar with rims/ type setting, I trust them to install the right measure.

Instead, 1st time, they gave me a wrong size, rims ok but tyre size for 7 series. They rubs but no pressure lost issue. I went back and "to the horror", they were surprised they gave me a 7 series tyre. Then they came saying, to change to the right size i.e. 5 series, they charge $100 for the service but with free replacement of tyres to the right size. Haiz, to save trouble, pay for it lo...

Thereafter, along the way driving home last night, the tyre pressure fault came out thus I panicked la. Follow your advise to re-set and am very happy everything is in order now.

Thanks all who contribute to help. Have a great weekend with your ride! Cheers
interesting product that could save your run flat tyre from German
Challenge - RUN FLAT - REMA TIP TOP Repair Kit

Hi, can anyone advise which tyre shop provide patch up service for RFT? One more question, is it ok to change just one tyre to normal one and the rest on running on RFT? Will it have any problem? Thanks.

Lipp;543678 said:
Hi, can anyone advise which tyre shop provide patch up service for RFT? One more question, is it ok to change just one tyre to normal one and the rest on running on RFT? Will it have any problem? Thanks.

Any tyre shop can do the job as long as the punture is not at the sidewall. At first stamford refused to do the job for me but I told them just treat it as a normal tyre repair and they did it.@$10. If you want a thorough job, go to Kiliney road (opposite Singtel Hello) and they will remove the tyre and patch from inside@$20...

Thanks Bro/Sis. Will go down later today or the irritating warning light will come on again. Cheers!!

Back