RS4 beat M3 ?

Re: RS4 beat M3 ?

Nice chain of postings till date. Been a while since I last posted here. Regardless of what mags said, the new M3 will still outsell the RS4 in our local mkt giving PML huge and fat profits. The M badge is still very much desired here as compared to AMG or RS. :)

New M3 is gonna be priced so high until it will go through the ozone layer. RS4 more reasonable :) PML is too arrogant, Quick...PA and C&C give them some price war....kekeke

Ahbengdriver;228543 said:
New M3 is gonna be priced so high until it will go through the ozone layer. RS4 more reasonable :) PML is too arrogant, Quick...PA and C&C give them some price war....kekeke
the main competition I suspect is not Audi, but rather, the Porsche 911 C2S

caySman;228633 said:
the main competition I suspect is not Audi, but rather, the Porsche 911 C2S

That is what BMW wants us to think.

Ultimately it really depends on how PML prices it.
Will it be 350K or 400K (closer to C2S)?
Once it goes into C2S territory it is going to lose big time cos

steering feel C2S >>> M3
exhaust sound C2S >> M3
badge C2S >> M3
looks C2S >> M3

PML needs to stop being greedy and arrogant, and price it below 350K otherwise it is going to flop. The only people who will get it over the 335i, RS4, or C2S are tech junkies or NA track junkies who have high sentimental regard for the M badge.

Sorry but i am biased :)

Remus325;228648 said:
That is what BMW wants us to think.

Ultimately it really depends on how PML prices it.
Will it be 350K or 400K (closer to C2S)?
Once it goes into C2S territory it is going to lose big time cos

steering feel C2S >>> M3
exhaust sound C2S >> M3
badge C2S >> M3
looks C2S >> M3

PML needs to stop being greedy and arrogant, and price it below 350K otherwise it is going to flop. The only people who will get it over the 335i, RS4, or C2S are tech junkies or NA track junkies who have high sentimental regard for the M badge.

Sorry but i am biased :)
I mean it like this - in SG, few will consider the Audi, compared to the Porsche brand. No matter what anybody wants us to think, in terms of `who will get the customer', if the price is within 35K of the 911 C2S, BMW has lost the sale of an M3 for the most part.

Means, max price chargeable for the M3 should be something like 375K otherwise, it's gone. Yes, there will still be those who will buy the M3, just like there are those who will buy the Z4 Coupes, but they will lose sales for sure, for the most part.

I agreed with Remus325. Profit margin is the key word here.
911 C2S for me anytime over the M3 or RS4 or C63 mate.

Remus325;228648 said:
The only people who will get it over the 335i, RS4, or C2S are tech junkies or NA track junkies who have high sentimental regard for the M badge. /quote]

Err ... tech junkies? The small V8 is not high tech to the extreme, the ion sensor etc. was first available on the M5 and M6 already, and the `beat around the bush' lubrication system too is a carryover. i see nothing new in the small V8. And it has not really a super advanced suspension, the CF roof etc. is nothing as the CG will still be higher than the C2S and it's far piggier and heavier.

I think tech junkies are pretty neutral in this aspect.

TripleM;226175 said:
It's nice to hv a lighter high perf luxury car but dont forget...
M3's targets are and hv always been the Audi RS Division and Merc AMG Division so they are in the mid weight category, be it similar engine outpouts +/-, similar priing +/-. In fact, similar seating capacity too!

And the moment u take one of the cars outta the equation, the game is completely different. Eg. M3 CSL which can easily do sub 8 mins in the Nordschleife, a super car territory for that matter. And this didnt come w.o a price..... Less Is More and CSL was priced about sgd 80k above the regular M3.....taking the car to Porsche territory, threatening every bit of the 911 variants excluding the GT3 and Turbo.

So my argument is...
an M3's real nemesis are Audi RS and Merc AMG, nothing else...(Dont even start with those Evos n STi...they are different class altogether )
Anything else one of the makers say bout offering similar performance vs the Porsche, Maserati etc etc is nothing but just a bunch of marketing crap which ultimately still lure millions of buyers.
Amen brother.. Well said. Now I have to start saving.. Knn..

Let me elaborate. Tech junkies are guys who care more about the number and technical superiority of the gizmos attached to the car that anything else. In that respect BMW (new school) wins over Porsche (old school). The M-diff, CF roof, i Drive, M Drive, servotronic, HU display (maybe) all combine to make the M3 a very tech friendly car. In contrast, the C2S is neaderthal by comparison without even bluetooth and ipod connectivity.

caySman;228660 said:
Err ... tech junkies? The small V8 is not high tech to the extreme, the ion sensor etc. was first available on the M5 and M6 already, and the `beat around the bush' lubrication system too is a carryover. i see nothing new in the small V8. And it has not really a super advanced suspension, the CF roof etc. is nothing as the CG will still be higher than the C2S and it's far piggier and heavier.

I think tech junkies are pretty neutral in this aspect.

Remus325;228686 said:
Let me elaborate. Tech junkies are guys who care more about the number and technical superiority of the gizmos attached to the car that anything else. In that respect BMW (new school) wins over Porsche (old school). The M-diff, CF roof, i Drive, M Drive, servotronic, HU display (maybe) all combine to make the M3 a very tech friendly car. In contrast, the C2S is neaderthal by comparison without even bluetooth and ipod connectivity.
LOLOL!!!!

neaderthal !!!! Remus, I must say you are so funny! (I just came off from laughing off my head watching the Mercedes video, that must have a part to play).

Yeah, no BT, no bloody Ipod, pay thousands for PCM...

Well there are tech junkies and there are tech junkies.

But then, Tech is very important, without tech my cock will slip from the underwear ...

CaySman

Hahah! Here's the M3 brochure to whet the appetites of the tech junkies and M sport die hards. I must say, the CF roof does looks good on the white car.

Back