Road trip - S'pore to Phuket !!!

Rastaman

Yo boys n gals....if u ppl keen for a long drive cum break..here's one for ya. Posting on behalf of my mate on e Lotus forum...u can email the guys direct or just put down yr interest and take it from there. I do note that the potential dates are during the F1 race here.

////

Guys,

On the back of their successful run to Hainan, the Typhoon Group from Hong Kong are going to stage an event from Singapore to Phuket in October.

I was just talking to the guys up in Hong Kong this morning and they are looking for interested people in Singapore to join them.

The Typhoon Group runs are a non-profit venture and the intention on this particualr run is to create a TV production to coincide with the trip.

Some of the Group's automotive documentary work can be found online here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6BONb3HfFY

The basic idea would be as follows:

Day 1: Leave Singapore and head to Sepang before ending up in KL for the night
Day 2: Endurance Drive to Phuket
Day 3: Day Off in Phuket
Day 4: Day Off in Phuket
Day 5: Endurance Drive to Genting Highlands
Day 6: Home to Singapore

+++

To make the event viable, they are looking for 25 to 30 cars equating to around 50 to 60 people.

All hotels, meals/beverages and track time etc. are normally included.

Not sure on prices yet, however they are usually very reasonable.

Likely dates are as soon as Friday the 28th of September to Wednesday October 2nd.

If you are interested, or know of someone that might be, please email Gary Pudney in Hong Kong for more information: [email protected]

I'll scramble together some photos of the last run and post them here for you.

Regards,

Killa.

Re: Road trip - S'pore to Phuket !!!

haha i was looking at that too..but thinking about the $$$$$$$$$$ involved

and whether my old jalopy will be able to take the long journey, and whether i'd be able to catch up with the supercars.

am v interested, but have my apprehensions.

guess there will be a support team to take care or minor breakdowns?

we'll find out when there's more info.

Im out for sure for this one altho i would really love to go..actually dates were earlier ..26th ! so i told James maybe change coz F1 during that weekend, so organizers came out with 28th !

sounds interesting, check out GT-Rally as well, I'm in progress of organising GT-Rally 2008. 3D2N drive. tentative locations are Day1: Cherating, Day 2: Cameron Highlands, Day3: Sepang -> Singapore.

gtr_Gtti;360342 said:
sounds interesting, check out GT-Rally as well, I'm in progress of organising GT-Rally 2008. 3D2N drive. tentative locations are Day1: Cherating, Day 2: Cameron Highlands, Day3: Sepang -> Singapore.

Isit this a little rush at every location? Considering the time u take to drive there, probably only gt time to eat n slp.:uhhh:

Yup, its not a holiday event, its a drive event... Holiday events very common...like AA drives, wheels4fun etc, but GT-rally is a road rally. Lots of driving on scenic routes, drive from day till nite...take reference from gumball3000 or canonball8000, or check out my website link on my signature...you'll agar agar get the idea liao

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bet9club
Back