Revol vs Groomwerkz vs Sonax

MapleLeaf

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
One call themselves groomer; the other claim to be premium paint protection while one claim to be a car-spa.

Is it fair to compare these three, i.e. are we comparing apple for apple?

Sonax package is $400; Revol is $600. Dunno about Groomwerkz.

I paid $450 for Toughseal two years back. Within two months, it was as good as my DIY waxing job.

Re: Revol vs Groomwerkz vs Sonax

Well among the 3 entity, I did make a decision to go with SONAX after much DIY... to free up more time. Why SONAX? Among other factors, maybe because my DIY stuff are primarily SONAX, ROFL. Well, result is definitely much better than my own DIY and am impressed with no regrets. Save me a large portion of my time in DIY e.g. cut by 75% of my time/effort to make ride blink blink every week. Now after each water wash, e ride is still blink blink.

Hi,
IMHO opinion both REVOL and SONAX are good, in their own ways. For me it was b'coz most ppl i spoke to, did theirs at Sonax...
...so it was a default decision...and i went to Sonax...also b'coz i was told they are good for new cars....my ride was 2 months old...went for the nano-paint protection, with 3 free post-sales visits, after care. So far no regrets. However to be fair, i heard a lot of great reviews as well for REVOL like attention to detail which was only average at SONAX. Plan to go visit REVOL probably after 6 months or so.
Decide that you pay both parties a visit...drop by and see...and then decide.....

BEst Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Using Revol now and have nv been to the Sonax or Groomwerkz.

General good consumer experience is the after-sales service - the willingness to help, the flexibility to cham-xiong, and the responsibility to take ownership is welly impt. Revol showed that to me.

Been to both groomwerkz and revol for my cars and have been satisfied with both the results as well as the customer service. :thumbsup:

Could anyone explain the differences between waxing, grooming, polishing and sealing? Some are a subset of others?

All grooming shops are able to make ur car shine, waxy and smooth and beading blah blah blah...

The difference is in the detail...not just on the paintwork BUT also on the other insignificant parts such as door, exhaust tips, bonnet and boot interior areas, areas which u wun see when u collect ur shiny car...

And not forgetting rims... its not just washing the rims, its actually cleaning all the way in as if the rims were newly installed and haven't touch the road yet.

This IS what I called grooming.

So far I have only experienced one groomer who does that and people like Wobbles, Jasonmaxima and many others will agree.

Not saying the rest not good...just that I haven't tried all of them. Groomwerkz, Glare, Revol, Amazing Glaze...all tried. No match for Revol's detailed process so far. Maybe all have now improved, I dunno.

Like I said, who cannot make a car shine?

MW;1040333 said:
All grooming shops are able to make ur car shine, waxy and smooth and beading blah blah blah...

The difference is in the detail...not just on the paintwork BUT also on the other insignificant parts such as door, exhaust tips, bonnet and boot interior areas, areas which u wun see when u collect ur shiny car...

And not forgetting rims... its not just washing the rims, its actually cleaning all the way in as if the rims were newly installed and haven't touch the road yet.

So far I have only experienced one groomer who does that and people like Wobbles, Jasonmaxima and many others will agree.

Not saying the rest not good...just that I haven't tried all of them. Groomwerkz, Glare, Revol, Amazing Glaze...all tried. No match for Revol's detailed process so far. Maybe all have now improved, I dunno.

well said.. its always when u take car away then u see the faults. im using whiteknights now. I dare say best car wash after sales ever.

Every car just after any grooming will be shiny la. Even those budget ones. Its how long it lasts and how detailed the grooming process.

I personally am on SONAX. Like them as an overall lao jiao car-care brand and I think they produce for BMW and Mercedes also, just rebottled.

So far velli happeh, especially with the durability of their PPS! :cloud9:

MW;1040333 said:

I'm a Revol fanboy and I'm not ashamed of it. MW is right - the attention to detail is bloody amazing - I frequent their Toh Guan branch, and to date, I've not been disappointed. Even wifey, who is usually critical of ANYTHING I do, agrees that Gavin and his boys do a good job for both our cars: yes, he even managed to win her over.

It usually goes like this:

Me: Dear, can I buy an M6
Her: No

Me: Honey, can I buy an

Me: Darling, can I buy

Me: Princess, can I

Me: Sugarpie, can

Me: Revol
Her: OK

And I even GPGT:

The metal brace around my washer fluid tank was corroded because I have clumsy hands and I love topping up the washer fluid tank so PML doesn't charge me $13.85 or whatever to do it for me:

View attachment 55788

When I made a remark to Revol about how they clean the engine compartment, but that eyesore was still there, this is what happened:

View attachment 55789

How not to be a fanboy?

kenntona;1040331 said:
Could anyone explain the differences between waxing, grooming, polishing and sealing? Some are a subset of others?

i'd guess in simple terms, polishing finely grinds down a layer of clear coat to reveal the cleaner surface below, waxing adds a layer of shine with some protection, sealing adds a layer of protection with some (or no) shine. Grooming is a used here as a generic term shops use for the services they provide.

+ Revol FTW

Would agree that Revol is the most detailed .... And their service including the Picanto is very helpful.

I pity the guys there though ..... The one thing I hate is washing my car. I make an appointment with them every 6-7 months and I don't wash the ride in between (maybe once or twice at most). Btw - I park it outdoors most of the time.

With all that abuse - the car comes back from Revol looking great each time .......

wobbles;1040347 said:
I'm a Revol fanboy and I'm not ashamed of it. MW is right - the attention to detail is bloody amazing - I frequent their Toh Guan branch, and to date, I've not been disappointed. Even wifey, who is usually critical of ANYTHING I do, agrees that Gavin and his boys do a good job for both our cars: yes, he even managed to win her over.
Good feedback. After reading your post, I might need to follow your lead & make appointment with them. Going the extra mile is critical in customer service.

Revolz +1.
Their customer service one of the best. Especially Steve from Toh guan. Was driving back from Msia and got caught at the causeway jam. He offered and waited for me beyond closing time so I can collect wife's car. Steady !!

JuzMe;1040355 said:
Good feedback. After reading your post, I might need to follow your lead & make appointment with them. Going the extra mile is critical in customer service.

Bro, it's important to note that this is not just an extra step they took to impress me because this is my first time: they do this on a REGULAR and CONSISTENT basis. You can feel their enthusiasm, and passion - and most importantly, their pride in their work. I just hope they stay this hungry for business & success for many years to come.

wobbles;1040373 said:
Bro, it's important to note that this is not just an extra step they took to impress me because this is my first time: they do this on a REGULAR and CONSISTENT basis. You can feel their enthusiasm, and passion - and most importantly, their pride in their work. I just hope they stay this hungry for business & success for many years to come.
That speaks volume. For sure be checking them out.

Tell you something bros.... I have developed a dislike for Revol.....

Why...

Simple answer....because they make the car so immaculately ghim ghim goot goot after its gone through their magic hands you never wanna drive the car out from their shop.

I tell you bro....my problem starts when I get a call from Revol to tell me that the car is ready.....if its raining / threatening to rain / just rained & roads are wet.... I will say.... I come later to get the car.... but if its too late, I have left my car intentionally overnight so as to prevent 'dirty rain water / road puddles' from dirtying the car....sigh...inconveniencing myself only lor. Kudos to the guys at Revol for allowing such an arrangement.

If the weather is fair.... my drive home usually takes longer than usual as I drive the car slower and pre-empt my braking distances / traffic to try to minimise excessive braking which will cause irritating brake dust to spray all over my 'as clean as brand new' rims.....sigh.... don't worry, I hog the left lane.... machiam car spoil....or petrol gonna finish....

On dual carriage way small estate roads....if I see any puddles on the road, I will either drive around it...subjecting your car and endangering your personal safety to oncoming traffic or brake hard before the obstacle...flash hazard light...wait for traffic to drive past then drive opposite lane to avoid the puddle.

I tell you.... this shift in driving behaviour irritates other fellow road users.... my wife thinks I am mad.

sigh.... ok...rant over....

jasonmaxima;1040564 said:
Tell you something bros.... I have developed a dislike for Revol.....

Why...

Simple answer....because they make the car so immaculately ghim ghim goot goot after its gone through their magic hands you never wanna drive the car out from their shop.

I tell you bro....my problem starts when I get a call from Revol to tell me that the car is ready.....if its raining / threatening to rain / just rained & roads are wet.... I will say.... I come later to get the car.... but if its too late, I have left my car intentionally overnight so as to prevent 'dirty rain water / road puddles' from dirtying the car....sigh...inconveniencing myself only lor. Kudos to the guys at Revol for allowing such an arrangement.

If the weather is fair.... my drive home usually takes longer than usual as I drive the car slower and pre-empt my braking distances / traffic to try to minimise excessive braking which will cause irritating brake dust to spray all over my 'as clean as brand new' rims.....sigh.... don't worry, I hog the left lane.... machiam car spoil....or petrol gonna finish....

On dual carriage way small estate roads....if I see any puddles on the road, I will either drive around it...subjecting your car and endangering your personal safety to oncoming traffic or brake hard before the obstacle...flash hazard light...wait for traffic to drive past then drive opposite lane to avoid the puddle.

I tell you.... this shift in driving behaviour irritates other fellow road users.... my wife thinks I am mad.

sigh.... ok...rant over....

You are not alone. I wish I can cover my car with a plastic bag after grooming before driving out. Sometimes damn suay. Just finished grooming only rain. I almost want to leave the car there overnight and pick it up the next day.

Back