rev at idleling

wilman2772

Legendary 10 Years
Re: rev at idleling

sash5 said:
hi all,

today i tested a 2nd hand 320i and i noticed this.

car was idleling at about 950-1000rpm, when i rev the car till 3000 and let go of accelerator. the rpm went down to 1500rpm and hold for 1/2 a second and went back down to 1000rpm. i forgot whether i turn the air con on or off..

its this a normal sign? any advise would be appreciated.

thanks

For a 320i, idling at 950~1k rpm is veri high leh......my car is idling at only 750rpm & with aircon 'on' is only at 780rpm woh...... :roll:

'The Great White'

hmmmm... what about the 1500rpm and drop to 1000? is it normal?

What you experienced all looked normal to me BUT idling at 1k is a bit on the high side even with a/c on.

sash5 said:
hmmmm... what about the 1500rpm and drop to 1000? is it normal?

Only when I leave my car overnite & the next morning when start up, the rev will go up to 1.2krpm den slowly down to 760rpm after 3~4mins......

'The Great White'

on cold start up, the rpm will hit 1000 + rpm for a while then slowly drop to 600-700 coz I ain't got a digi rpm meter.

950 is too high. Is there any hardcore ICE onboard ?

E46 said:
on cold start up, the rpm will hit 1000 + rpm for a while then slowly drop to 600-700 coz I ain't got a digi rpm meter.

All E46 have onboard digital RPM, by pressing a few times on the instrument cluster button, U can release alot of info!! hehehe :twisted:

'The Great White'

wilman2772 said:
E46 said:

All E46 have onboard digital RPM, by pressing a few times on the instrument cluster button, U can release alot of info!! hehehe :twisted:

'The Great White'

huh ! I thought there are only things like average FC, average speed, temp etc. I don't see any digi rpm indicator ..

Back