Retrofitting Aftermarket Xenons

Re: Retrofitting Aftermarket Xenons

jaymz said:
Hi kenntona,

Looks like you're an expert in xenons here. Can you advise me if it is possible to fit in a bi-xenon adaptive headlights for my E90? I've been eyeing at a set of used ones from ebay but not sure if it's gonna work here? Thanks in advance.

jaymz

Check with Adrian (nick: adsnx). He did his Xenons conversion couple of weeks back, so he should be able to advise you. :)

Hi,
Just like to ask where do you guys get those yellowish angel eyes? I wanted to do a mod, but i don't like the eyes to be white. like to stick to yellowish color including HID.
Anyone?

TripleM;81310 said:
That's expensive route
If u can get higher K for the fogs (which is quite difficult) , that will be cheaper but you will feel very blue at night

Hi TripleM, your M3 is beautiful. btw, what is the model of your rims/ do they have it for E90? 18" or 19"? thanks

MysticBlue;168979 said:
Hi,
Just like to ask where do you guys get those yellowish angel eyes? I wanted to do a mod, but i don't like the eyes to be white. like to stick to yellowish color including HID.
Anyone?
I think the yellowish ones are the original ones that come from BMW. Not sure if there are any yellowish aftermarket angel eyes for the E46. You may wish to checkout some websites like JleviSW.com - 1.888.JLEVISW for Vorsteiner, Brembo, Angel Eyes, DPE, & MORE - Jlevi SW or ModBargains.com - Dedicated Customer Service, All of the top brands for more information.

Hi guys, I only wanted to add corona rings to the stock headlamps. Can Mike do it?

my light blown also.. need some advice :)
thinking of having angel eyes but im still quite confused about everything
help please :)

Re: Retrofitting Aftermarket Headlights for E90

Hi guys,

I recently came across this post

Jlevi SW | Projector90 Headlights IN STOCK AND SHIPPING! - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

I think many of us 1 - 2 yr old E90s would like to have the angel eyes + xenon on our cars but i think the price PML charging (SGD5,000) is slightly high.

Ive searched and searched in both sg and msia but none seems to offer a decent alternative to the 5k light change. I found the above post and I've written to the vendor (Jlevi SW) and I'm looking forward to the reply (will post back here).

My worry is who will undertake the installation ? and whether the error messages will pop out.

Anyone else interested in this ?

Here is the link to the installation guide

http://www.jlevistreetwerks.com/Chromium/Projector90%20Install%20Guide.pdf

Also, the reply from the dealer

Thanks for the inquiry! These headlights are compatible with your car and if you go with the 6000k Xenon option, we will include all of the wiring and resistors in the package to prevent any bulb out errors. We also have an installation guide on our website under Installation Resources in the upper right hand corner of the home page. You can review that document to get an idea of the wiring.

This is intended to be something that you can DIY and with our install guide, it should be something you can do in a couple of hours with household tools.

Shipping via Insured USPS International Priority runs $141.75.

Hope that answers your questions, let me know if you have any others!

totoseow;335359 said:
and here is the link to the best after market XENONS.

Wonderbra | Category

Yeah, I remember you are using style # 7637 high power push up xenons on your 8 pistons blue lorry ....steam! :lol2:

I'm sorry, I forgot to post my experience with the installation.

I bought mine from jlevisw.com for abt 800sgd + abt 200 delivery

Received the item and took a good look at the fixture, was quite poor quality but it was ok ok. The headlights I bought were made in Taiwan, they cut the headlight backing to fit the HID inside, and they DIDNT fit it back properly, it came out easily. Odd, cos that will allow moisture to fit in. Also, the instructions were abit unclear, but i guess its up to the workshop to figure it out, and true enough, they manage to do a good job.

I brought the kit down to juzzforcars and they fixed it up for me for abt 150+ a good deal considering it takes abit of effort. The wiring and all the additional things were done properly and neatly. Despite what they say, it is not exactly plug and play. some modifications needed to be done.

We tested everything and it seemed fine. It looked damn good.

That nite, i went up to KL. At about 50km into the journey at 7.20pm, i noticed one side of my lights were pointing toward the front car's rear view mirror. I stopped at burger king and tried to adjust. Guess what, one angel eye went nuts and didnt work. Then one side HID conked off.

7.30pm - 3 Angel eyes left. 1 HID light left.

I opened my bonnet and found some wiring melted, probably becos the resistor was not attached to the metal plate, but instead taped up. Oh well, i switched on just the angel eyes and started to look for a car to tag along with. I found a peugeot station wagon and followed him for about 200km, using his lights to see. Halfway, another angel eye conked out.

9pm - 2 angel eyes left, no hid

At about 220km, the peugeot left, i had to tag along other cars. But every car thought i was trying to be funny driving without my lights and following behind them, so they just sped up and tried to shake me off.

10.30pm - 1 angel eye left. no car to follow.

so thats it, I am driving with just 1 angel eyes, but I am reaching seremban, there are lights all around so im surviving on that.

Next day, i drove back to Sg, to juzz for cars, they helped me remove the resistor but the alignment of the lights just couldnt be done. Also couldnt find the fault with the angel eyes. I basically drove around with 1 angel eyes and hid pointing into people's mirrors. Had to switch it off as it was a real nuisance. Also, my left signal conked off, can't turn left and the sound it made in my car was just so irritating.

Next day, I gave up, arranged for appointment to remove everything and put back my old headlights. Kudos to Juzzforcars for saving my car, they did a good job, unfortunately it was a poor product.

Basically, point of this is, if you wanna get the angel eyes, get it without the HID as that was the one giving the problems and the heat it produces. The angel eyes were abit dodgy as if it spoils who will service it ? But simply putting it, this is my last attempt to fit such untested mod to my car.

Should we get the 5k one by performance motor ? probably worth it now considering the hassle.

Nice enuf, Jlevisw has agreed to refund me the figure + shipping (one way only). But i haven't received the refund yet so i'll not comment yet.

Actually, the one u wanna get looks exactly like the one i bought, think they copy and paste the features too, lol

cranko;364096 said:
Actually, the one u wanna get looks exactly like the one i bought, think they copy and paste the features too, lol

Thanks for posting your reviews bro...:)

cranko;364096 said:

thanks for the review. looks like more research has to be done before buying.

e90post has people using the one that im looking at, so far reviews are ok except that the angel eyes led are crap.

astrosky;364055 said:
Are u intending to get it?

I am pretty keen as well

let me do more research first. so far, only the angel eyes led are not bright enough based on feedback from e90post. i wrote to them asking if can trade in their stock angel eyes for piaa ones.

one more issue is whether there is auto levelling.

other option is sourcing from europe but still looking. states no go due to (a) wrong side for driver although what they have can be electronically adjusted, juz that i dunno how (b) orange reflector at headlight dun look as nice

will pm u once i decided.

kinda fun doing up my own lights. juz swapped in my blacklines on monday nite while waiting for steven (sszone) to come fit my cf emblems.

Back