Replacing the door lock pins

easy

Anybody can share how to remove the black door lock pins (those cylindrical things that pop up/down when door is unlock/lock) on the e90? Do you just unlock door and:
(1) pull up hard
(2) unscrew (clockwise or anti-clockwise?)
(3) unscrew AND pull up
(4) remove the door panels first then perform one of three above steps

I'm thinking to replace them with chrome ones. Many thanks.

Re: Replacing the door lock pins

easy;1058559 said:
Anybody can share how to remove the black door lock pins (those cylindrical things that pop up/down when door is unlock/lock) on the e90? Do you just unlock door and:
(1) pull up hard
(2) unscrew (clockwise or anti-clockwise?)
(3) unscrew AND pull up
(4) remove the door panels first then perform one of three above steps

I'm thinking to replace them with chrome ones. Many thanks.

If I remember correctly when I did mine was to use pliers and pull up the OEM plastic ones. But be very careful as, if you were to accidentally push down the lock without the OEM plastic ones, the metal rod might go under the door panel and get stuck inside, then you will need to remove the door panels access the metal rods. Not a very easy DIY as you will spend time removing the OEM plastic door lock pins.

It is doable but you need to be patient.

Thanks for the advice. Most agree can do without opening door panels but that would be my last resort. However method of removal of the pins is conflicting some say just yank straight out but others say unscrew first.

Just completed the install. The door lock pins can just be pulled off, some may be quite tightly siezed to the metal rod, so its easier to first twist the pin (may need to use pliers) to loosen the attachment before attempting to pull it off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bet9club
Back