Replacement of Z3 canvas top

Anskiere

Hi all,

Currently driving a BMW Z3. Can anyone recommend me a workshop if i need to change a new canvas top?

I called Juzz for Cars and they say they don't do.

Thanks.

Regards,
Anskiere

Re: Replacement of Z3 canvas top

Anskiere;560683 said:
Hi all,

Currently driving a BMW Z3. Can anyone recommend me a workshop if i need to change a new canvas top?

I called Juzz for Cars and they say they don't do.

Thanks.

Regards,
Anskiere

Hi Anskiere,

You can also try Sin Hock Heng: look for Ms Tan 6454 8160.........(they are at Sin Ming)

cheers

Anskiere;561061 said:
Hi ac323, thanks! I'll check that out as well.

Anskiere

PM me your number, if you free can join our Topless Night Drive in the weekend ya (if there's one) .

cheers

Hi,

Good evening. Just wondering whether you are still driving your Z3. I just recently got mine and I am thinking of replacing the canvas top.

Have you replaced yours? Can recommend any workshops?

Thanks

Vanan
Singapore

i got mine changed in PML last time. Even when PML did the job, they could not get it right. There would still be misalignments, and ill-positioning of the rear windscreen will cause it to warp. PML will responsibly redo the job until it is right. However, depending on who the independent workshop is, they may or may not honour to rectify a less than 100% job. My adivse is to have a proper conversation with the boss before you do the job, to get a mutual understanding on how retification works should be done should the installation be not perfect. This roof-changing is a really difficult job to undertake.

Racebred;608112 said:
i got mine changed in PML last time. Even when PML did the job, they could not get it right. There would still be misalignments, and ill-positioning of the rear windscreen will cause it to warp. PML will responsibly redo the job until it is right. However, depending on who the independent workshop is, they may or may not honour to rectify a less than 100% job. My adivse is to have a proper conversation with the boss before you do the job, to get a mutual understanding on how retification works should be done should the installation be not perfect. This roof-changing is a really difficult job to undertake.

hello all z3 drivers. my 98 z3 shockies are due for a change. any recommendations where to do the replacement and whether its better to remain on stock shockies or aftermarket. stock ones cost about $800 without installation.

thanks!

Racebred;608112 said:

Thanks for the advice Racebred. I understand that repairing the roof or changing the canvas is a very complicated and complex job. Thats the reason I am sourcing out for a list of reliable and trustable workshops where there is quality in the service provided. Between, how much did it cost you at PML?

Thanks

Vanan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hb888pro1
Back