Replacement of A/C condenser

skip

The A/C in my E90 suddenly stopped blowing cold air on Friday night. Sent the car to the workshop on Saturday morning and got a call in the afternoon from the SA saying that they have detected a leak in the condenser and it's gonna be a 3-4 days job to replace it.

Visited the workshop this morning and I almost flipped when I saw the state the car was in :ultrasho::

Dash1s.jpg

They have removed the entire dash and center console just to replace the condenser which is hidden behind the dash:

Condensers.jpg

I was told the car should be ready for collection tomorrow. Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed there will be no sqeaking or rattling when the dash and center console are put back in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Replacement of A/C condenser

Thanks for sharing..........

update us............
cheers

Common as there where the compressor is for our made. As to the after effect when console is back in place, workmanship will come into play & technically speaking, you should be given a warranty period as well, especially if your replacement is a new one.

Either way, fresh cool air coming your way:)

If your workshop is a reputable air con repair joint familiar with BMW's , it should be fine after re-installing back the dashboard.

Had to change both E46 and E90 aircons, and for both models, entire dashboards have to be removed. So far no squeaks or rattles after reinstallation.

Good on you that all is fine after fixing back the the db. Totally agree, never compromise & have to be sure we're sending to the right workshop, ain't rocket science.

Have had the experieced of replacing once on my old e46 before in my regular workshop, dam leycheh..

HI Skip. Can PM me what is the damage to replace the condenser? Can let me know what is the part no for the condenser?

Thanks

Collected the car in the afternoon. Drove around for a while and everything seems fine, no rattling or squeaking.

I did the replacement at khang auto, did not have to pay a cent for this because car is covered by TWM warranty. :D

skip;653771 said:
Collected the car in the afternoon. Drove around for a while and everything seems fine, no rattling or squeaking.

I did the replacement at khang auto, did not have to pay a cent for this because car is covered by TWM warranty. :D

Noted with thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hema
Back