Replace rear brake pads

Re: Replace rear brake pads

kevintan;1107172 said:
I took my brand new car for 1st servicing and was told to change my rear brake pad....I was ???? Cut thing short, was told ideally was 20k must change brake but usually about 20k plus than change for my case. I bought my original pad and sensor for $130 plus in serangoon area if my memory didn't fail me, and get a mechanic change at $60 at sin Ming and reset the rear brake timer. Less than $200 but pml charge $450. That my legal way of cutting cost but my friends said I am cheap skate, can afford bm want to save on servicing...I went !!!!

I would change my brakes outside as well. But your first service at 20k?

douggie;1107179 said:
I would change my brakes outside as well. But your first service at 20k?

The story goes,

"Sir, yr brake pad need to change alr",
"What? first 10k need to change, so u are telling me
every 10k need to change?"
"Sir, let me check again"

After awhile
"sir, we check alr, is advice to change every 20k, but u still can drive and we monitor again.."
"I go zzzzzz...."

Last edited by a moderator:

my F10 already close to 30k km and rear brake pads still pah pah.

How you managed to wear out the rear pads in 10k km? You never disengage brakes before you drive ahh?

MW;1107193 said:

How you managed to wear out the rear pads in 10k km? You never disengage brakes before you drive ahh?

No, i stay bt timah hill, come down hill, brake all the way!! Maybe that day i look expensive???

kevintan;1107199 said:
No, i stay bt timah hill, come down hill, brake all the way!! Maybe that day i look expensive???

That's perhaps why some of us prefer to wear singlet and slippers when we go shopping for a new car. The more holes the better.

But then again, the hot SEs will usually shun us. :(

On a serious note, you should get a second opinion from another qualified workshop.

I'm on ebc now.
Wear not much different from stock. Approaching 24k on them, almost time. Another 4k max.
Swapped out my stock at 22k.

Not sure if my 6pot 380mm in front causing e rear to work harder.

MW;1107193 said:

U do a lot of highway driving?

The last time my pads wear out that fast was when a chemical was sprayed all over my rims to get rid of brake dust on a regular basis ..... My guess is that if it can "melt" away brake dust then it should react with the pads too ......

Then I got bored with the ride and wash it once every few months ...... Pads seems to last longer.

horrible;1107372 said:
U do a lot of highway driving?

He probably meant the mileage of the flatbed truck that his car is always on... that's why his pads are always thick!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back