Remus or Sebring exhaust for E60

eggz

Hi Folks,

I'll like to change the exhaust on my E60, heard the Remus last Sunday on a 520i and it sounded great, deep low rumble at idle and nice low growl when you step on it. I read that the Remus is not that loud when on the move, which is good. This is exactly what I want.

Only problem is that the tail pipes have that Remus engraving and tapered look, which I don't like, I want the tailpipe to look as stock or normal as possible, like the exhaust was never changed...

Then saw the Sebring E60 exhaust on the web, never heard it. but the tailpipe looks a lot like the stock one, which is great!

So the two questions

1. Does the Sebring sound like the Remus? will it be as low and deep? if so I'll go with it instead of the Remus.

2. Otherwise, is it possible to change the tailpipe of the Remus to something that looks stock? or something that looks like the Sebring? WIll Remus customize the tailpipe if you order the exhaust from them?

thanks

Re: Remus or Sebring exhaust for E60

eggs, as far as i know..only SS n sebring are approved. so u shud consider this too. sebring exahusts r made by remus if i m not wrong..

All i noe Remus is loud on my car!!!... not suppose to be .. but it is!!.... very bassy too...

totoseow said:
eggs, as far as i know..only SS n sebring are approved. so u shud consider this too. sebring exahusts r made by remus if i m not wrong..

Remus has been approved for a few years already.

Eggz...
If u don't mind non approved one, check out Eisenmann Sports.
U will love the tip. Get the 76mm one. Looks like raw cut but nice engraving on the tips.
It has very strong bassy sound, not that loud unless u de-cat. Also, ur 5-er is so well insulated so u need a race muffler to deafen your ears:lol2:

eggz said:
So the two questions

1. Does the Sebring sound like the Remus? will it be as low and deep or likely to sound less deep? if so I'll go with it instead of the Remus.

2. Otherwise, is is possible to change the tailpipe of the Remus to something that looks stock? or something that looks like the Sebring? WIll Remus customize the tailpipe if you order the exhaust from them?

thanks

Hi eggz...

Just so you know... Am currently running on Sebrings and they are low and deep.... LTA approved too...

IBTW... its possible to change tailpipes with the mufflers from Remus or Sebring at the listed workshops... however, it defeats the purpose as LTA will then deem your muffler as "Operated" and you might get approval problems based on my understanding from the LTA folks wen I sent mine for approval inspection. Hope this helps...

Cheers

Makes sense.....

Thanks for the replies and tips.

Fiftyfive, is it quite safe to say that if the Sebring sounds deep on your ride, it'll be about the same on the E60? There is this site: www.sebring.com.sg, seems like a local installer and importer. Any experience with them?

Cheers!

Eggz, why not go for a cheaper mod and simply operate on your muffler box?

eggz said:
Thanks for the replies and tips.

Fiftyfive, is it quite safe to say that if the Sebring sounds deep on your ride, it'll be about the same on the E60? There is this site: www.sebring.com.sg, seems like a local installer and importer. Any experience with them?

Cheers!
Think there'll be difference in the sound between a 4 pot and a 6 pot..

Eggz
Confirm it sounds different...Even a 3L note sounds different from a 2.2 or 2.5L using the same muffler box

T6 said:
Eggz, why not go for a cheaper mod and simply operate on your muffler box?

I'm also hoping to benefit from these aftermarket exhausts being lighter. According to totoseow, the stock exhaust is much heavier.

OT: Heh...heh...hoping to get more mods in before the next track day, after this, hopefully on to sports suspension retro fit :lol2:

eggz said:
I'm also hoping to benefit from these aftermarket exhausts being lighter. According to totoseow, the stock exhaust is much heavier.

OT: Heh...heh...hoping to get more mods in before the next track day, after this, hopefully on to sports suspension retro fit :lol2:

eggz,
Waiting for your final evaluations and offer of a group buy :) Were you one of those interested in the Remus exhaust last Sunday?

eggz...wait a minute.. all that bassy and nice sounding exhaust... how much if there is to loose on those precious low end torque? too much of trade off, wouldn't it? if it is this one going to hold me back.. already feeling sluggish with current ride and more will be a pain in the #@@!

1st of all...mufflers alone..dun gain u anything. for a 3l..u dun feel anything as far as torque loss is concerned..the 3litre is already very rev happy....u may feel a little bit in the high end...as ur exhaust is more liberated. but its a mod that is worth 50hp if u luv the sound....

BZSAB said:
eggz,
Waiting for your final evaluations and offer of a group buy :) Were you one of those interested in the Remus exhaust last Sunday?

Yeah, I was one of them. The sound of the Remus is great, love that deep bassy rumble, just don't like the looks.

I really want a tip that looks plain, no fancy engraving or tapering...

Since Sebring and Remus are made by the same folks, is it likely that they will sound similar? Unfortunately, don't know of any E60s that have one installed so far, the Sebring that is...

Zag, not so worried about the low end torque, with DMS + CIP 19.1, the car feels quite lively, currently.

OT a bit, totoseow, do you know what is the offset in our rims? In the other thread, on BBKs, I think someone (Barry) said we can't put in Stoptechs because there won't be space?

Hi eggs,

Get the remus if you like the sound. Change the tip to those Titanium type, solid. When heated up, tip has a ring of bluish coloured look....very cool.

Have you seemed that before ?

SL2 said:
Think there'll be difference in the sound between a 4 pot and a 6 pot..

Yup yup..... they do sound different... if 4 pot is bassy.... then 6 pot will be Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.....

stevenwu said:
Hi eggs,

Get the remus if you like the sound. Change the tip to those Titanium type, solid. When heated up, tip has a ring of bluish coloured look....very cool.

Have you seemed that before ?

Hi Prof, I think those titanium tips are pretty ex rite...cannot lah, got limited budget, have to buy chirstmas presents for wife and kids. :D I've seen them on an M3 at one of the track days...very nice

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back