Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

Regarding servicing. help needed

Hendrick

Hi guys, I bought my 325i 2 weeks ago, it's a 2nd hand vehicle which has only 3700km mileage on it. The car is 4 months old. Warranty by PML.

My current mileage is 5000km++ , and I'm starting to have questions about my vehicle's servicing. I checked my service booklet and realized the previous owner had never serviced the car before. I thought every car needs to be serviced at 1000km? And also, the service indicator isn't popping out.

Is this normal? No servicing required all the way up to 5000km, or maybe more ?

Re: Regarding servicing. help needed

hi there. u should call the BMW centre to check when is the car due for servicing. BMW car dont have to service at 1000km . good luck.

According to my SE, my E93's first servicing is at 13,000km. So yours has a long way more to go.

similar to my E90, i guess your 1st service shld be at 12,000. not aware tat bimmer has any service at 1,000 before, maybe some 'older' Japs car. even in my previous ride E46, each service cycle is at alarming 25,000!

anyway, juz sent in mine last week at 5200 for oil change only, without svc counter reset. chk out this forum, and there are some bros recommend to 'flush' out the factory fitted engine oil.....

juz oil change with oil filter replaced - PML ard $180.

btw not necessary to get engine oil outside, it's still slightly cheaper at PML. but sometimes, certain kiosk give away freebies for the 4L

ah that's a whole lot of info. thanks a lot! Yea I was thinking of getting my engine oil changed. thanks alot once again

Condition-based servicing (CBS) they call it
It does worry me sometimes
I drive hard, oil change x km and brake y km
I drive gentle, oil change still x km and brake still y km
How do I know whether the condition is truly being monitored?
Mine had its first service at 25000km according to CBS:(

Back