Recommended Polish/Wax to make my car glossy?

mike_foo

Hi guys

Any superior polish product to recommend to make my car shiny and gleaming? I tried 3M Polish & Detailer Sonax Polish, Armor All, Car Plan UK, Turtle Platinum Polish and Turtle Platinum Detailer.

Re: Recommended Polish/Wax to make my car glossy?

mike_foo;408224 said:
Hi guys

Any superior polish product to recommend to make my car shiny and gleaming? I tried 3M Polish & Detailer Sonax Polish, Armor All, Car Plan UK, Turtle Platinum Polish and Turtle Platinum Detailer.

Recently saw this Dodo Juice Carnuaba Car Waxes and was tempted to try since Zaino doesn't have car wax but don't know how good it is and if it would go kapoot with my AIO/Z5/Z8... Any reviews? As for polish, my AIO works fine for now...

Mike, you might wanna dig out threads on Terry who experienced several waxes like Swissvax etc etc...

Here you go.. http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/exteri...iny-black-car-8.html?highlight=terry+swissvax

You are looking for polish/wax, not seal.

Showroom Shine - Zaino Z5/Z8/ZFX & Mc NXT, but does not last that long
Deeper Lasting Shine - Swissvax, but pain to apply

I have been using Zainol liquid wax (light milky blue) to wash my car by adding water to one cupful of this. Result is gleaming liquid shine that always puts a smile on my face.

i just use my autoglym "ultra deep shine" wax. works well for me. previously tried Sonax, Meguiars, Soft99, "Zymol" (the light blue bottle that's not really the expensive Zymol". Sonax was the easiest to use, Soft99 is the hardest. autoglym is in between but shine is nicer and last longer den Sonax's. Meguiars is pretty good too. Soft99 kinda not worth the effort / $$$. the blue bottle Zymol bought at autobacs/supermarkets sucks. But their shampoo is nice and i use the shampoo continuously. smells nice too

when my Autoglym runs out i'd prob. get the Sonax for it's ease of use and pretty good shine.

Autoglym%20-%20Ultra%20Deep%20Shine.jpg
&
thumbnail.php

Depends on what the colour of your car is, the look you are trying to achieve and your price range of course.
I use quite a number of waxes incl. collinite, dodo, swissvax, zaino, clearkote etc.

four4s;408259 said:
Depends on what the colour of your car is, the look you are trying to achieve and your price range of course.
I use quite a number of waxes incl. collinite, dodo, swissvax, zaino, clearkote etc.

How was your experience with dodojuice may i ask?

dodo....sounds like dodo fishball...kkekek

I usually seal the car first with the full Zaino treatment (Z-AIO, Z2Pro w/ zfx, Z-CS), then apply Swissvax Smaragd to get the deep look that carnauba produces.

fiercepink;408291 said:

Don't mind me answering your question as well but I had great results with Dodo Supernatural. I applied Swissvax cleaner fluid prior to dodo.

Warning! Apply a very thin coat and don't leave it for too long, if not it will set like concrete and you'll cry trying to buff it off. I learnt it the hard way :furious:

fiercepink;408291 said:

I've done some cars with supernatural v2.01... usually light metallics. one of them is here:
Supernatural ver. 2 vs Volvo C70 - Singapore No. 1 Car Forum & Car Club - MyCarForum

It's very balanced in its characteristics... nice gloss and clarity, good depth and wetness. I also prefer this wax when it's layered, so i always apply more than one coat. I didn't find any problems with application. It's significantly easier to use than the SV waxes... I leave it for abt 5 to 7 mins after i put it on a panel, and i found it a breeze to buff it off.

new car

I just got my car last month.

Is it good to use any polish or wax to keep the car looking new and shiny?

tatsit said:
no one using meguiars?
Yeah, was a fan of NXT, but wetness and glossiness lose to Zaino's Z5/8.

I do not use wax... will use a quick detailer - Menzerna HGAS and Aquawax. This gives my previous ride a very deep and wet look.... My current ride was bought second hand and i have no time to bring to professional groomers... just using aquawax as its quick and easy to use...

one caveat - HGAS is prone to streaking - especially on hot surfaces - the trick is to dilute with a little water

mike_foo;408224 said:
Hi guys

all the above product u mentioned can make your car shiny, how shinny you want?

kenntona;413518 said:
Yeah, was a fan of NXT, but wetness and glossiness lose to Zaino's Z5/8.
where can i find the product?

for lazy ppl like me, Optimum Technologies Car wax is great stuff. Liquid form for easy application, and really lasts. My car beads water like crazy, and it's easy washed off the microfibre cloth. I use it over a coat of Optimum Tech OptiSeal (sealant). My friend who saw my car while i was working on it said it looks nice and shiny.

to give extra kick, i use Optimum's No rinse wash to diy my own detailer, and go once over the car after the wax has time to cure.

i've used meguair's NXT wax, too much hassle for me and too streaky (cos arms tired by the time must buff off).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xc168co
Back