recommended car waxing / paint protection?

Re: recommended car waxing / paint protection?

ArmorCoatSG;568575 said:
How about trying something that doesn't require you to polish your ride anymore. Spray on film protection that gives you permanent gloss, bird droppings dont etch into the paint and swirl resistent?
how much do u charge?

Guys.

I personally tried AutoGroomers (1st time) @ Kaki Bukit EastPoint Terrace over the wkend & it was marvellous.

Never I came across a detailing work so meticulous. Interior (seats with leather milk, trimmings), exterior (besides paint remover & waxing all the glasses & windscreen with Rain-X & anti-fog) & also under-carriage (rims, wheels, engine bay).

I took a promo discounted ad hoc service. Liked it & converted immediately to 6X package.

Can look for this guy Eugene there.

I am a teacher but do detailing as a hobby. If you guys have any problem that seems solution-less, SMS me @92202099. We can talk and I will see how I can help. I'm anti-any grooming centres. :p

Just some sharing, if you can afford the time I would suggest you can just do your own grooming. You just need to do once every 1-2 months and as for the rest, just a simple car wash would do. Try not to polish too often cos polishing actually strip off your paint coating and over a long period of time, your paintwork will lose it's shine. However, polishing can remove fine scratches and give your paintwork a new layer. Wax it after polishing to protect your paintwork. However, waxing won't last long in tropical countries so you can consider doing waxing more regularly, but not polishing. PPS in my opinion is useless. After a few wash the smoothness would be gone. Waxing is still the best solution and gives you the shine. I used Zainol wax and car wash costhey are one of the best prducts around. From market research, the top 3 products are Zainol, Meguiar and Turtle Wax. You may also consider doing claying once a while as it could remove stubborn stains and road tar. Another advantage to wax is it could reduce the impact of stonechips cos it act as a protection to it. i used to wax my previous car regularly and each time I wash my car, I can easily remove the dirt and also noticed that stone chips were not as bad as without waxing.

Just my 5 ents' worth of comments.

I've no doubts about Zainol. But price is really high.

BTW do you go into paint correction too?

re.flec.tion;570821 said:
I've no doubts about Zainol. But price is really high.

BTW do you go into paint correction too?

bro, did once with amazing glaze. Very shiny after that, but lose its smoothness and back to square one after a month or so. maybe thats only my personal opinion. I prefer DIY nowadays... only once a while will send my car for professional grooming if I feel lazy.

Smoothness or the slickness is related to the surface tension created by the product. Do not expect them to last as they breakdown due to various reasons including washing. Therefore we always follow up with quick waxes (Z6 or Z8 you should be familiar).

When paint is leveled, protection is put on (think your Z2, Z5), the protection can last as long as it's built to last minus getting whacked by the environment. Bird shit, tree sap, UV etc.

The optically flawless look (scratch-less) however can only last as long as the next moment a scratch or swirl mark exist. Such things don't happen on their own. They are inflicted.

Happy detailing.

If this topic is about waxing, there are hundreds of filler brands and few simple no-brainer techniques to apply them. Few weeks or few rainy days and the whole process will have to repeat itself.

If it is about sealing and maintenance, it is more technical. Restoration is a long process, and most of us do not even have the right tools. How many know how to "cut" swirls? So even the goodstuffs like Z-CS at the retail level are only considered grooming and maintenance.

snowmanyee;570765 said:
Just some sharing, if you can afford the time I would suggest you can just do your own grooming. You just need to do once every 1-2 months and as for the rest, just a simple car wash would do. Try not to polish too often cos polishing actually strip off your paint coating and over a long period of time, your paintwork will lose it's shine. However, polishing can remove fine scratches and give your paintwork a new layer. Wax it after polishing to protect your paintwork. However, waxing won't last long in tropical countries so you can consider doing waxing more regularly, but not polishing. PPS in my opinion is useless. After a few wash the smoothness would be gone. Waxing is still the best solution and gives you the shine. I used Zainol wax and car wash costhey are one of the best prducts around. From market research, the top 3 products are Zainol, Meguiar and Turtle Wax. You may also consider doing claying once a while as it could remove stubborn stains and road tar. Another advantage to wax is it could reduce the impact of stonechips cos it act as a protection to it. i used to wax my previous car regularly and each time I wash my car, I can easily remove the dirt and also noticed that stone chips were not as bad as without waxing.

Just my 5 ents' worth of comments.

Other than Zainol, the other 2 are just well marketed products. Not top products. :nehnehhh:

kenntona;570882 said:
If this topic is about waxing, there are hundreds of filler brands and few simple no-brainer techniques to apply them. Few weeks or few rainy days and the whole process will have to repeat itself.

If it is about sealing and maintenance, it is more technical. Restoration is a long process, and most of us do not even have the right tools. How many know how to "cut" swirls? So even the goodstuffs like Z-CS at the retail level are only considered grooming and maintenance.

That said. Then the more filler heavy products will work for you. Just that swirls will add up as time goes by. Then once a year or so, get a good detailer to remove them properly then continue looking after the car.

Of cos, if proper washing and drying is done, among other things, swirls build up will slow down, then polishing or cutting doesn't need to take place so "regularly". After all, paint is taken off each time, so it's better to keep the paint then remove it.

I'm more prudent when paint correction is concerned. I don't believe we need to take off paint generally for small pockets of imperfections e.g. one ten-cent spot cos when the buffing pad is worked, the area worked on is min. 1ft by 1ft. Also, the paint thickness will vary very much over the same panel which makes tracking difficult.

re.flec.tion said:
That said. Then the more filler heavy products will work for you. Just that swirls will add up as time goes by. Then once a year or so, get a good detailer to remove them properly then continue looking after the car.

Of cos, if proper washing and drying is done, among other things, swirls build up will slow down, then polishing or cutting doesn't need to take place so "regularly". After all, paint is taken off each time, so it's better to keep the paint then remove it.
I think even the most enthusiastic of car owners who are anal on their paintworks will adopt this route. No one could do what the pros do, cutting out the swirls, restore the paint and clearcoat and maintain that paintwork under such harsh conditions. Unless no UV/sun exposure, no watermarks, no exposure to acidic rain.......

IMHO to be called an enthusiast. The person has to take on machine detailing. He will level the paint on his own and not let that to others. Well that's what I do.

Hi,

Has anyone tried the services from Car-Do at Eunos Technolink.?They are using Swissvax. Any feedbacks?

Cheers

Detail Lab got my vote...check this video out...

"http://vimeo.com/11126013"

been reading through the pages. We think we have something for you guys and girls. :D

ArmorCoat offers True Protection. (try a simple wire brush test on your regular clear coat and whatever coating that's in the market.)

This is not unlike the 3M clearbra that you might be familiar with. It's sprayed on instead of sticking. As such, it's able to conform better to all the complex curves of the body. ie: front bumper, wing mirrors etc.

Wire, Plastic Brushes
184625_10150089379459613_369948564612_6168245_1890742_n.jpg

ArmorCoat Stickers n Wire Brush
180151_10150092303659613_369948564612_6197781_1123103_n.jpg

come and try for yourself the wire brush test. ArmorCoat Protects!

here's how we spray ArmorCoat.
183877_10150089455959613_369948564612_6168652_2792608_n.jpg

we do it 2 pax style.

end result is an OEM gloss that requires NO polishing.
180582_10150089596264613_369948564612_6169642_1784844_n.jpg

*we do NOT recommend any machine polishing. Regular wax by hand is OK.

Hi,

just applied ceramic pro 9h 5 layers on my ride. seems good. Anyone did the same?

bryanwang;1109447 said:
Hi,

just applied ceramic pro 9h 5 layers on my ride. seems good. Anyone did the same?

Hi bro, can share what's ceramic pro? How long it last and what cost?

Hi jtec,

They give a lifetime warranty for certain package. Only weekly champoo washing is required after application of this ceramic coating. one inspection per year in their shop.

recommended car waxing / paint protection?

Can PM me the contact detail? Also the price too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bet78art
Back