recommendations for alignment and balancing

Re: recommendations for alignment and balancing

for those in the east, there's also leong seng in ubi.

reasonably priced (about the same as kian teong).

wheel balancing u can try either Leong Seng or South East tires
For allignment, other than Kian Tiong ....u can go to Kenny at AMK Autopoint...must make appointment tho..

does anyone corner weigh cars here for those on coilovers?

cdp999;384592 said:
does anyone corner weigh cars here for those on coilovers?

CK Motorsport on the ground floor of AMK autopoint for around 300 SGD

Espace for around 500 SGD.

==

Make sure the basics of vehicle masses, individual and overall pad levelling and planarity, unbound suspension, and post weighting sway bar adjustmets are in place . Beyond that there are 3 schools of thought on corner weighting, so best decide for yourself on which of them you think it best. Or try all at separate times and decide. It will vary a little depending on course type, but not by much on any decent car.

The details are a hassle, but necessary because being just a little off on any part of it can largely negate everything else that's been done. Tempting to rush through it and get it out of the way, but if steps are missed, there is no point. Know it well yourself and then watch the service provider do their thing and make suggestions if you want. It is your right to.

hi,

I preferred Kian Teong....they know what they are doing....I only visit them :)

I prefer goin to Kenny.....@amk autopoint........
Best that i have been to so far...........

Yep Kenny's great and his machine has the latest cars. Need appointment in advance though.

How often do you need to go for alignment? After every tyre rotation?

after you do something to your suspension or wheels.

e.g. change suspension components, brake rotors, change in size of wheels, anything to do with the control arms or trailing arms, etc.

or in the worst case scenario, after mount kerb, or anything that might throw the wheels off alignment.

jinooi;386120 said:

e.g. change suspension components, brake rotors, change in size of wheels, anything to do with the control arms or trailing arms, etc.

or in the worst case scenario, after mount kerb, or anything that might throw the wheels off alignment.

Yup changing suspension messes it up sometimes so need alignment.... but means i kiasu coz every 10,000km = servicing + tyre rotation + ALIGNMENT!!

Been told it's good but was wondering if it's really necessary....

jinooi;386120 said:

Hi Jinooi, brake rotors or rim changes alone don't require alignment. Only if there's a considerable ride height change is there a requirement. The ride height change might usually be done along with the rim change (going up on rim size and lowering the ride height at the same time), but the realignment has to do with with the lowering and not the rim or rotor change.

Guys, can I have Kenny's number? Btw, how much it is for allignment and balancing? Just upgraded my rims one size up. Do I need to do balancing or allignment is sufficient? Thanks in advance.

Kenny's contact 90921015 he is charging $60 buck for alignment.Balancing u got to check with him.Normally alignment has to be done when u lower yr ride.Hope it helps

Alignment charges -Kian Tiong(Mike) - $60, AMK-Kenny - $80. Just got mine done at KianTiong, very professional....

I thot Kenny was good but Mike/Kian Tong ...lagi better ! he ask u for feedback n recommend setting etc, of coz u also need to know wtf u r doin in the first place.

I was charged 80 bucks by e way and that was for track alignment...

Sean..300 bucks.?? ive always thot abt this but have no idea wat they will do. so how to see and know they actually doin the right thing ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bet9club
Back