Recomendation on Amp

ace_singapore

Hi bros, anyone here is using a 4-channel amp to power their front and rear component speakers? I am currently using my 4x45watts alpine HU to power them, not sure if installing a 4-channel amp would help much, consider it would be about a $1K upgrade. Any advice would be appreciated. Keith

What is the power that you intend to use ? Is your speakers still stock ? If so, it would be advisable that you change your speakers as well to enjoy the upgrade. Pumping more power into those stock speakers must bust them.

Am using Alpine 6.5" component front and back. Are you using an amp to power front and back now? If so could I sit in your car to listen and hear the difference with amp at the meetup this Sunday? Thx bro

ace_singapore,

Its an easy decision. U need amp(s) !!. Check the RMS rating of your components, and find amp(s) to match them.

Re: Recomendation on Amp

ace_singapore said:
Hi bros, anyone here is using a 4-channel amp to power their front and rear component speakers? I am currently using my 4x45watts alpine HU to power them, not sure if installing a 4-channel amp would help much, consider it would be about a $1K upgrade. Any advice would be appreciated. Keith

I would advise you to invest in a good amp as this is going to be along term investment. You will be able to bring your amp to your next car if you sell off your current ride. I am using Audison VRx2 series amp, good clarity and power. The px is on the bit of high side though.

Cheers!
8)

Thx wellbo, any chance for me to hear your kick ass system? All I need now is to hear the difference myself and decide whether it's worth the upgrade.

ace_singapore said:
Thx wellbo, any chance for me to hear your kick ass system? All I need now is to hear the difference myself and decide whether it's worth the upgrade.

My system is very basic. Just that I spent a bit more for the amp and the speakers. My HU is still stock(this should change too) but do not want to loss the steering function. Anyway, I am happy with my current setup.
I will be there this sunday, look for a silver MINI.

Cheers!
8)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back