Rear windscreen shredded with no reason

Re: Rear windscreen shredded with no reason

rayoflight;1108413 said:
Wow thats quite a bad shatter..

Btw my fc is 12-13km/l for my new 316i. On 2nd full tank now. 1 full tank can go about 700-750km.

Fully stock car..

That means yours is 8.33l/100km... but mine is 8.33km/l.... that is kind of huge differences. Did you use the auto start stop function? I disabled it most of the time because I am worry about the starter will be gone fast....

rayoflight;1108413 said:
Wow thats quite a bad shatter..

Btw my fc is 12-13km/l for my new 316i. On 2nd full tank now. 1 full tank can go about 700-750km.

Fully stock car..

I don't even have a chance to fill my 2nd full tank due to the shattered windscreen. :(

subie;1108368 said:
Dont suppose it is due to the sun film..as in during installation???

brand new two weeks old car, never touch any thing yet, not even refuel....haiz....

I don't know is it me...or is really the car...i feel that the car warps..

Same happened to me previously, since car is new, most likely reason i think is due to manufacturing defect (a nickel sulfide (or other) inclusion is a not-uncommon manufacturing defect).

For cars no manufacturers, few will own up since the likelihood of something hitting you is high and you will never be able to prove now that everything is in "pieces" literally. Count towards 1 claim on your insurance windscreen replacement. Hope you have good luck for the next 12 month else it will eat into your NCD.

Navy Seal;1108642 said:
Same happened to me previously, since car is new, most likely reason i think is due to manufacturing defect (a nickel sulfide (or other) inclusion is a not-uncommon manufacturing defect).

For cars no manufacturers, few will own up since the likelihood of something hitting you is high and you will never be able to prove now that everything is in "pieces" literally. Count towards 1 claim on your insurance windscreen replacement. Hope you have good luck for the next 12 month else it will eat into your NCD.

Windscreen replacement will "eat" into your NCD? Is this another new policy?

Back