Rear Right passenger footwell Wet

Hi,
Observed wet carpet at rear right passenger footwell area. This happened a couple of times over the last few months.
I have ruled out seepage from rain as I have parked and driven the car during heavy rains a few times without any problem.
I do know of common issue of wet carpet on the left side of car due to steering rack seal deterioration, but mine happened on the right side.
My ride is a 528i Lci model.
Any advise on the potential cause of leak? Aircon drain partially chocked?
Tks.

Ask here no use. No one can see your car so any suggestions are just a shot in the dark. Bring it to a workshop better then waiting for a response here. However do post a followup on what was the findings to help future members thanks

Hi! I have also just gotten a very very wet rear passenger footwell. Whole carpet is drenched, went to do a search online and seems that its a very common problem.

Just got mine done. They replaced this part in the video. got it done within 4 hours including waiting for the parts to come.

Just got mine done. They replaced this part in the video. got it done within 4 hours including waiting for the parts to come.

good to hear that you got it sorted out. how much did it cost? can't tell from your video what part they replaced. actually, what was the cause of the issue?

good to hear that you got it sorted out. how much did it cost? can't tell from your video what part they replaced. actually, what was the cause of the issue?
Hey bro, it's a seal at the opening of the steering rack. Somewhere below the glove compartment. Cause of issue is the poor engineering of BMW. Its a very common fault among 5 series from what I read online. Things to note is that although mine was only the rear passenger footwell that got soaked and not the front, I assumed that the front wasn't affected. Only when the mechanic shown me the bloody thick sponge which is below all the carpet, it was drenched with water.

Cost wise I'm not too sure as it's still under warranty from dealer. My guess is that it shouldn't be too expensive. Probably low end hundreds? Can try asking PML if you got the car from them. Some of the guys actually got a subsidised rate for the repair. :)

U made me want to check under my carpet first thing tomorrow morning, haha. Luckily u are covered by warranty. Is that water from rain, aircon or washing? U may have to find a way to dry it fast, otherwise might develop mold?

I think it came from washing the car. Water then flowed to the windscreen area after that into that seal if I'm not wrong. The workshop tried their best to dry it up but it's still quite damp. So have to keep putting newspaper daily. :/

I think it came from washing the car. Water then flowed to the windscreen area after that into that seal if I'm not wrong. The workshop tried their best to dry it up but it's still quite damp. So have to keep putting newspaper daily. :/

Leonard, are you driving the F or G series?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hema
Back