Radar Detector

Cahn77

radar detectors

Hi, i do have a Bel Radar Detector which i used when i was in Perth. it did serve me good as there are heaps of multinovas by the side of the freeways. it managed to detects multinovas from abt 100 to 200m away in a straight road which leaves me enough time to react from 160km/h back to the 100km/h speed limit. (tested by me). And when i drove my then E36 318i from perth to Melbourne(3780km) i did encounter a couple of traffic police with Laser guns. luckily for the detectors, i didnt get any ticket. I believe there are quite some guys with radar detectors that didnt have good experience with radar detectors, but as for me, i have tried it and vow that it really works for me. the model of the radar detector is BEL VECTOR STI super wide band with laser. (voice too)

cheers!

Brothers,

It will be advisable not to engage in discussion of such sensitive nature over the forum. Remember, this is a public platform afterall.

Not to get anyone into trouble.

Cheers

you want to use in msia, can, but dont get caught. hahahahaha on a serious note, if you do get caught with it by them, you will kena jialat jialat, and you probably have to take care of several of their families and future children's education. such is their delight in catching you with such devices.

Re: Radar Detector

galant1688 said:
Anyone has installed the radar jammer device, to block off speed cameras. Good for use at NS highway.

My pal is getting one from US.

Bro,

The detectors cost around SGD400 = 800 MYR

if each kopi cost 50 MYR

means you breakeven at 16 stops.

unless you really suay or you go up NS 16 times a year.

else,. forget it.

just my 2 cents.

OttO

used to use of those radar/laser detectors and I guess it did serve some use, for a while at least. The cops have gotten wiser over time so instead of beaming their speed traps in wait of passing traffic, they have adopted a hide, point and shoot tactics. What this effectively means is that the dector is essentially of no good at all, cause by the time the buzzer/alert goes off, they've already measured your speed and a call bearing your vehicle type and colour....and perhaps more importantly, that it is a Singapore plated car as well as the speed is already well underway to the "collector" some 5 to 10 kms ahead.

These days, don't bother anymore, just settle it and be done with.

i believe these are illegal in Singapore. and with al the new methods of catching you speeding, the laser gun is just a minority.

p.s. if you really want one i heard the Valentine One is the best

isnt it true that they can detect u having a laser detector? their equipment can sense it?

Haa... better not use man..

Anyway, i dunno abt radar jammers, but i thk radar detectors are alot more comon, coz all it does is basically receive signals in a certain freq range. Problem is, every single high powered electrical pylon thingy near the highway will also cause the detector alarm to go off. haha!

Radar Detector

Hi Forumers,

It just a piece of advise for those bros who intend to install the Radar/Laser Detector... No hard feelings & no intention to offend anyone here.

Just think a bit further how the R/L Detector works. The Detector will emit a beep or buzzer noise, when it's within the range of the another, irregardless whether which unit is detecting or 'pointing at you'. Your equipment will notify you whenever it detects 'interference' in it's radar/laser path, i.e., when the a*@#&%~s is pointing their guns at you. In another words, if their guns can caused interference to your detector, the same applies vice versa. Their guns will detect interference from you detector too.

No point of thinking a longer range equipment to counter their detection. I personally feel that..., For example, if your so-called '5km' detector is switched on & their guns are merely 2-km range, your R/L Detector will only work when you entered their 2-km range, cos their guns are not that 'powerful' to reach you too far away. In another words, when you get them, they got you too. Even my theory is not 100% correct about the range issue when 2 equipments meet, the most important thing is that they are using 'our money' to upgrade their R/L Guns, whenever they want. But, we are using our own hard-earned money to detect them. You buy 5-km, they'll outbeat you with 8-km one. Technology is moving fast nowadays, by 50years old, don't be surprise you've coming 10 units of outdated R/L Detectors in your storeroom.

When they detect interference, I bet you, they'll turn your car upside down to search for the suspicion. If they manage to find it, I tell you, you'll die C*#@ standing. Singapore is such that, the 'pioneer' of any new things caught will be punished hardest, as to fore-warn others. So, the first-ever culprit will always a scapgoat. They'll sure release the info to the media, front page of the kay-po evening newspapers, to make the whole Singapore know about it.

Enjoy your ride, bro...

Cheers

branlye,

There are "stealth" units available. I.E Passive Radars which do not send out anything.

They just detect and buzz(or just blink) in your car. All i can tell you is that there are a couple of people using it in singapore.

Police would rather not post such things in the public media tho. It may have bigger repercussions. I.e. People buying more and more R.Ds into singapore...

But your post does hold, and i agree that we shouldn't install one just for the sake of allowing ourselves to speed without "getting caught".

Cheers.

Just to share my experience.
4yrs ago i bought 2 radar detectors from Japan.
it worked pretty well in Japan, since they have alot of fixed speed camera all over their highways.
but back in singapore, the radar detector just seem to be nothing but an irritant.
once it switched on, it practically starts beeping every few mins.
in fact when i drove past orchard it can beep non-stop!
i asked around and was told that it picks up signals even from shopping malls' automatic doors.
and when ever a taxi pass my car, it starts beeping too... :whattheh:
some people also told me that there's many type of frequencies for radar detectors for i guess mine is highly incompatible for use in small singapore.
nevertheless, i kept it in my car n kept testing the gadget.
i passed the other one to my cousin for him to use since he always go malaysia. (he does have some positive feedback abt the radar detector when using in malaysia though)

anyway there was this one night when me and my cousin was driving from kranji heading towards LimchuKang.
when we were near the abattoir, the radar detector starts beeping like mad.
we slowed down.. but as we appraoched limchukang rd, we saw the red n blue flashing lights... road block.
not just any neighbourhood police road block, it's a TP road block.
i quickly switched off the radar detector and stuff it in my jeans.
my cousin just hid his radar detector in his glove compartment.... :uhhh:
our cars were pulled aside n 7 policemen start ransacking our cars.
my cousin saved my ass n said he don't know me.
so after they found his radar detector, they let me go.

i left the radar detector in my pants until i reached my carpark.. lol
my cousin was charged in court and fined $1400.
his radar detector was confiscated, whereas mine is still covered in dust in my cupboard somewhere...

Radar Detectors are just not worth it..
don't bother getting it for using in singapore. ;)

Radar Detector

Hi Charontes,

So unlucky of your cousin to have kena from the unpleasant incident. Maybe there are newer makes out in the market that do not emit any frequency, which I'm not aware. Think it's time for me to upgrade my information, hehe...

What I feel that, if you're on a exclusive quiet road, where you can speed & the detector gives a signal, you should get rid of the thing. I mean out of the car & your possesion, 'throw' it out of the car 'discreetly' or hide it in the bushes, if the environment permits. Maybe it's just merely bad luck, as your detector had given 'false alarm' all this while till the incident happened.

I would like to share an incident my friend had kena before. He done his detector's installation, by dismantling the entire unit, no covers, nothing, left with the parts & hid it in the car roof internally between the roof cushion & the roof, but modification by connecting the 'points' by thin wires, as to spread the parts in the roof evenly to avoid being found. I believed his unit was rather thin in design. Nicely done up, his switch was connected to his a/c switch, where the detector will be switched off when his a/c is turned off. My genius, what kind of brain is his, like that also can, hah... Some people had used the hazard light switch, room light switch & even the handbrake to connect to the detector. One click of the handbrake will turn the 'handbrake on' lights on, on our car meter, but that's 'handbrake-less'. It's a reverse switch. Handbrake lights on, detector off & vice versa.

Sounds good.. But, my friend was still caught, even he switched off his car a/c, when his detector had triggered off. Like I've said, they ransacked the entire car. If there's a few more cars along with you, you may be lucky to escape. H'ever, if you're on the only car travelling there, like LCK Rd in wee hours, you lah, who else!!

:naughty:

:furious:

:shoot:

:screwedu:

So actually TP shd promote the use of these RDs so that each time a taxi passes by, the RD beeps and you jam brakes thinking got camera... My friend once got a cheapo RD from UK and it only beeped after the camera flashed at him at ECP Sheares Bridge...hahaha

I think maybe he never change battery

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keonhacainexus
Back