Racist view on spice?

Shaun

Trusted Sponsor
Has anyone heard this theory before? Is it widely known by anthropologists and doctors? Or is it just BS?

Chili kills bacteria, and most spicy food evolved out of the need to make unhygienic food safe to eat. So spicy food has filthy beginnings (India, Mexico, China, etc.)

Heard this from a French colleague of mine. I happen to like spicy food and I am Chinese.

Re: Racist view on spice?

What happens with the crippled frogs?

Shaun;916099 said:
Has anyone heard this theory before? Is it widely known by anthropologists and doctors? Or is it just BS?

Chili kills bacteria, and most spicy food evolved out of the need to make unhygienic food safe to eat. So spicy food has filthy beginnings (India, Mexico, China, etc.)

Heard this from a French colleague of mine. I happen to like spicy food and I am Chinese.

Spicy, piquant and chilli food stuffs originated in hot climates where the effects of capsaicin on the body makes a person perspire and thus helps cool a person down. It is also very appetizing and in certain cultures, to be able to take "heat" is a rite of passage. Even though capsaicin is very stimulatory to the human mucosa, it does not necessarily translate to antiseptic properties.

If I were to follow the grain of dirty food, there will be more chemical basis to suggest European food is the one that is dirtier with all the use of herbs, where many of them do in fact contain fungicidal and bactericidal compounds. Also bearing in mind, that they had a history when drinking fermented fruit juice was safer than drinking fresh water.

I like spicey food. Dunno is it coincidental but the women I like also spicey ones....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xc168co
Back