Quoting Darth Vader.

VolanteDB9

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
Originally Posted by Darth Vader
"actually i am a FT lover, we all need to grow up and accept that sg need FT. 99% of employees in my company are FT, my properties go up in value everyday thanks to FT. a couple of years of population growth and time will be ripe to move to greener pastures. i salute to the FT hordes."

if Darth Vader is a new citizen as he claimed, then he could be the kind of new PR, Citizen that besides ordinary Singaporeans but even the government has loathed and did not wish to welcome, in fact the government had been trying for years to convince us to welcome these people though there was always the possibility they will try to move to Australia, USA etc after leeching off whatever they can from Singapore.

for years we know there are people from PRC, Philipines and other countries whom came to Singapore and used it as a stepping stone in their application for status in Australia or the USA. Be it scholarship or EP holders they never felt Singapore was the ultimate place they would like to settle down in.

is there anything the government could have done to prevent this? no...there is no test that can determine a person's loyalty no matter where he or she was plucked from, be it an Indian engineer from Bombay/Mumbai or a Philipino engineer from Subic Bay whom was jobless after the US Navy left.

can we blame them for seeking greener pastures? No, it is every person's right to do so, but can we not feel frustrated, disappointed for having hosted them? I believe not and it is our every right to do so too.

Now to work towards or vote towards a government whom will fine tune a system which will benefit Singaporeans as much as it has FT.

There is no free lunch, leechers whom behave like pariahs will eventually pay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Quoting Darth Vader.

Kan boh liao

You some kind of Singaporean Chauvinist ? You have a right to be fustrated to hosting FTs ?

Don't be lame. If you want the governement to adopt a bumi policy that is not going to happen. People move to have better life. Loyalty has got nothing to do with it. Its all about meritocracy.

If your kids lost out to an Indian student who moved to Singapore in an exam - would you would blame the government for allowing the Indian to move here or tell your kids to study harder ? Typically kids these days would complain if you did say that to them. Let's face it, we are not as hungry as the FTs.

Anology - What you are suggesting looks like Singaporeans kids should typically score better
than foreign student in exams by law.

VolanteDB9;870443 said:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader
"actually i am a FT lover, we all need to grow up and accept that sg need FT. 99% of employees in my company are FT, my properties go up in value everyday thanks to FT. a couple of years of population growth and time will be ripe to move to greener pastures. i salute to the FT hordes."

if Darth Vader is a new citizen as he claimed, then he could be the kind of new PR, Citizen that besides ordinary Singaporeans but even the government has loathed and did not wish to welcome, in fact the government had been trying for years to convince us to welcome these people though there was always the possibility they will try to move to Australia, USA etc after leeching off whatever they can from Singapore.

for years we know there are people from PRC, Philipines and other countries whom came to Singapore and used it as a stepping stone in their application for status in Australia or the USA. Be it scholarship or EP holders they never felt Singapore was the ultimate place they would like to settle down in.

is there anything the government could have done to prevent this? no...there is no test that can determine a person's loyalty no matter where he or she was plucked from, be it an Indian engineer from Bombay/Mumbai or a Philipino engineer from Subic Bay whom was jobless after the US Navy left.

can we blame them for seeking greener pastures? No, it is every person's right to do so, but can we not feel frustrated, disappointed for having hosted them? I believe not and it is our every right to do so too.

Now to work towards or vote towards a government whom will fine tune a system which will benefit Singaporeans as much as it has FT.

There is no free lunch, leechers whom behave like pariahs will eventually pay.

Bumi-first policy cannot work leh... just look at Malaysia & to a certain extent, Indonesia.....

Red_Bean_Bun;870655 said:
If your kids lost out to an Indian student who moved to Singapore in an exam - would you would blame the government for allowing the Indian to move here or tell your kids to study harder ? Typically kids these days would complain if you did say that to them. Let's face it, we are not as hungry as the FTs.

Anology - What you are suggesting looks like Singaporeans kids should typically score better

Just so you know, I've met a Vietnamese student studying in NUS, he is 25 and taking his PhD now :eek:

Singaporean males counterparts might only be halfway through their degree / bachelor only (common reason, NS + waiting for university application period)

That's how hungry foreign students are

A statement one of my lecturers said to me a few decades ago but remains in my head..... "don't worry about how expensive a Mercedes or a bungalow cost. Instead find ways to earn the money and buy it. You don't want to have everybody able to afford it. But if there's anybody who can afford it, you be one of them."

wobbles;870676 said:
Bumi-first policy cannot work leh... just look at Malaysia & to a certain extent, Indonesia.....

spoonfeeding policy sure fail in any country
after spoon-fed no one feels hungry

Whats wrong with someone working in company A, company B comes along with a better package and he jumps ship?

Sama sama...

hoks;870792 said:
Whats wrong with someone working in company A, company B comes along with a better package and he jumps ship?

Sama sama...

Same same... Bruce Lee also try go USA be green hornet side kick... And he TL they cover his face..

wt_know;870787 said:
spoonfeeding policy sure fail in any country
after spoon-fed no one feels hungry

Same as this forum...every newbie wants to be spoonfed on where is best spray painter, where is good workshop, where to buy rims, ron95 or ron98 better bah blah blah...n nobody bothers to do their research, hence just want to know something, then log in to post and wait to be spoonfed.

End of OT

MW;870918 said:
Same as this forum...every newbie wants to be spoonfed on where is best spray painter, where is good workshop, where to buy rims, ron95 or ron98 better bah blah blah...n nobody bothers to do their research, hence just want to know something, then log in to post and wait to be spoonfed.

End of OT

Err, sorry senior MW korkor, but can recommend where's the best air pump to fill tyre pressure? Thanks!

Sibey boh liao. You never realized our dear Darth Vader from the dark side came in, started a fire, then kindof disappeared? Then in another thread came in and say a few cock and bull, then kept quiet again? I don't think I have any more things to say really than there's nothing you can do to change the world if you don't first change yourself.

Have a nice weekend guys.

i post anti FT remarks, i kenna wacked.
i post pro FT remarks. also kena wacked.
i dont post and keep quiet also kenna wacked.
migrating to another forum, where its free to post anything,no moderators.

U dun try to act innocent. Your "pro FT" remark was obviously sarcastic...

BTW my recommendation that you should get the green card was not sarcastic. You should go get one... NOW. You are only 2 years away from 40.

I still remember THE OLD MAN once said... when you are 40, you are down the drain. We need new blood for new ideas.

When i heard that statement, i was 39. Hmmm... this once, the old man was wrong.

Red_Bean_Bun;870655 said:
You some kind of Singaporean Chauvinist ? You have a right to be fustrated to hosting FTs ?

Don't be lame. If you want the governement to adopt a bumi policy that is not going to happen. People move to have better life. Loyalty has got nothing to do with it. Its all about meritocracy.

wobbles;870676 said:

hoks;870792 said:

Sama sama...

did i advocate a Singaporean first mentality in anyway? No I did not, I still believe in meritocracy and also please read this again.

"can we blame them for seeking greener pastures? No, it is every person's right to do so, but can we not feel frustrated, disappointed for having hosted them? I believe not and it is our every right to do so too."

I never said it is wrong to jump ship for a better package, but it is the way we have let in so many foreigners whom are not necessarily a value add to the country. some of these people milk whatever they can without any intention of pay back be it in the form of taxes or service to the country.

MW;870918 said:

End of OT

Sharing is caring hor :)

Btw where to pump nitrogen :p

SapphireSpite;870757 said:
Just so you know, I've met a Vietnamese student studying in NUS, he is 25 and taking his PhD now :eek:

Singaporean males counterparts might only be halfway through their degree / bachelor only (common reason, NS + waiting for university application period)

That's how hungry foreign students are

You are wrong.

Singaporean counterparts are as hungry if not hungrier.

I have met numerous Singaporean students from Indiana Uni, Michigan State, NYU, Chicago School of Business, Carnegie's

be it on funds from family or scholarships, they seek out the best internships they can and are so successful at it they have been head hunted by major corporations before they even graduated.

some are so good they are offered to do their Masters or PhD, but not all of them will blindly go down the academic route.

many of them DO NOT come back to Singapore, despite Contact Singapore(whole ballrooms in 5,6 star hotels with 'laksa', satay catered), EDB even the Ambassador herself appealing to them.

the only ones whom bothered to ask questions ask stupid or sarcastic questions, others were around just to network or take it as a chance(we are able to claim for travelling and accommodation expenses for all of half of it thru cheques or cash claims up front) to gather with Singaporean friends from other unis in a major city.

so even without the birth rate affecting us, we too have a brain drain and our people are just like these FTs coming to Singapore...or are they? are the FTs coming into Singapore just as good or even better to replace those whom have left? again...what have we been importing??!! In the past we have quite a significant number of Malaysian Chinese coming in and they integrated well...but why are the Chinese, Philipinos or Indians not doing just as well? are locals really so nasty to them?

Darth Vader;870940 said:
i post anti FT remarks, i kenna wacked.
i post pro FT remarks. also kena wacked.
i dont post and keep quiet also kenna wacked.
migrating to another forum, where its free to post anything,no moderators.

I suggest sammyboy forum. There, you will not get whacked I guarantee. When you post anti-FT remarks, all they will say is, "please post pussy pics." if you post pro-FT remarks, they will say, "post fuck pics." They are peace loving people and never OT.

Sam Leong doesn't give a flying fuck what you say as long as you post pics. Perfect place for you.

pengful;871143 said:
I suggest sammyboy forum. There, you will not get whacked I guarantee. When you post anti-FT remarks, all they will say is, "please post pussy pics." if you post pro-FT remarks, they will say, "post fuck pics." They are peace loving people and never OT.

Sam Leong doesn't give a flying fuck what you say as long as you post pics. Perfect place for you.

which is the best die die must see thread?:drool:

Back