Question : Servicing Intervals

Hendrick

my first oil change servicing for me e92 325i was done at 12,000 km by PML.

the car's running at 21,000 km (yes i drive a lot) right now and I guess it's time for another service. What kind of service shld i go for? Just oil change alone? How about brake pads, spark plugs, etc. From what I know PML won't do an engine flush until 30,000km or so.

Should I bring in back to PML or just go to BVO / J4C ?

Re: Question : Servicing Intervals

You may go to an outside workshop for a regular oil change, with checks to all those important component of the ride. If they are found to be worn out, I'm sure the workshop will be very keen to tell you to change. I think you can also order an engine flush at the same time, dun have to wait for 30K.

Thanks. But damn, I already sent my car over to PML this morning, will prolly do another oil change on the next 5k. Regarding brake pad and spark plugs, do I wait for the in-built computer to prompt me for a replacement?

Our spark plugs are rated at 100k km, ain't it? As for the brake pads, u can just go to any workshop and let them check for u.

Replacing ur brake pads and discs at PML is a killer. I asked for a quotation and they answered, "For a pair, it would cost between S$290 - S$1,000."

WTF.

This is a very good question!!! To trust the computer or our own judgement. For me, I trust my own judgement. I changed engine oil diligently at 10K intervals, will change my plugs at 40K, brake pads will depend on the visual inspection at then, if not too ex will change too.. Actually 40K is considered a major scv routine, one may consider changing parts at this instant... And to answer your qn, 21K is still too soon...

hi, i'm taking delivery of a E90 in Apr, heard from the SE that first servicing is 10 - 12k - unlike jap car - so is there any thing else to do from delivery till 10-12k?

Hendrick;422779 said:
Thanks. But damn, I already sent my car over to PML this morning, will prolly do another oil change on the next 5k. Regarding brake pad and spark plugs, do I wait for the in-built computer to prompt me for a replacement?

Don't worry about spark plugs yet, although you can change or upgrade if you wish...As for another oil change at 5K maybe is abit too soon, but then again nothing wrong with it if you prefer to.

Agree with Alan Tan, change oil diligently at every 10K intervals, apart from the prompt, sometimes brake pad/rotors can also do a visual inspection too. Actually during your servicing at PML they would have also at least advice you that your brake pad/rotors do need change soon (mine usually do). I do my engine flush once a year so its ard 25-28K.

Of cos now owning my own workshop I don't worry about all these :)

echo;426696 said:
hi, i'm taking delivery of a E90 in Apr, heard from the SE that first servicing is 10 - 12k - unlike jap car - so is there any thing else to do from delivery till 10-12k?

I know some of the guys do their first service even before the first 10K. As to what to do from delivery to 10K +/- ....Enjoy the ride! Get to know your car..:)

...Sometimes even before you reach 10K you will start thinking of what to MOD haha..

Congrats to your new ride!:)

hi can anyone advice which engine oil to use? which grade etc?

Hello bros, as this is the first time I'm driving a car with warranty (yes, even though I know I've modded my cars, except for engine which I didn't touch with any mods :uhhh: ). I just want to collect the stamp in my service manual for the sake of warranty. Have done the 1st 12000km service in R2D. There are a few questions I will need your help to clear my doubts.

1. My car has clocked-in ard 26K of mileage now. What will be the type of servicing involved in PML? Just oil change or engine flush? What is the difference between these two? Any other parts that will be replaced?

If it is only engine oil change, I'd rather do it outside till the next major service.

2. Can I bring my own engine oil, instead of using oil from PML?

Thanks in advance.....:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jilisfyi
Back